[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best-looking silver coin out there? I buy one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6
File: Captain_2_Oz_RND_01_LRG.jpg (238 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
Captain_2_Oz_RND_01_LRG.jpg
238 KB, 600x593
What's the best-looking silver coin out there?

I buy one a month or so just to build my collection, thought you guys might have some cool suggestions. I don't really buy as an investment, just like how they look and hey whats wrong with having tons of silver to pass onto my kids?

(Pic related) latest buy
>>
>>993586
i also like the ones with the cross, imo silver coins should look historic
>>
>>993586
Where do you typically buy from?
>>
>>993663
I bought that one from Pennmetals.com, but found them through ebay.

>>993618
Which one with the cross?
>>
File: IMG_1594.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1594.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
The mercury dime
>>
File: bullion.png (2 MB, 1056x857) Image search: [Google]
bullion.png
2 MB, 1056x857
libertads are nice, they have titties
>>
File: IMG_0947.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0947.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
I collect a lot of silver.

These dimes have been exposed to a source of neutron radiation, and at this point the dimes contain a bit of cadmium.

Do you own any shipwreck silver? What about getting a silver denarius.
>>
>>993728
Shit, I never thought about adding ancient coins. How are they valued? I'm assuming they are worth more than weight?

Those dimes are pretty cool I want to get something a little different like that next
>>
File: IMGA0300.jpg (117 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
IMGA0300.jpg
117 KB, 640x360
I just got some Britannias and was pretty amazed but don't have a pic so here's my little stack instead.
>>
File: morgan.jpg (257 KB, 1170x707) Image search: [Google]
morgan.jpg
257 KB, 1170x707
>>993733
Anything older is going to be valued based upon rarity and grade. There are plenty of more common versions of older coins around that you can find in great shape for fairly little. You can find denarius for around $20 and up. They're about the size of a dime.
>>
>>993741
Where do you recommend buying ancient coins? A coin shop or a metal exchange? I checked ebay but seems kind of sketchy unless it was a reputable shop
>>
>>993748
I haven't ever bought any ancient coins before. I actually just bought one on ebay after mentioning them to you. I mostly buy things from individuals on forums.

Coin shops have higher premiums than ebay. Other than that, you're only going to find deals at coin shows or by buying coins from individuals you meet on forums or at clubs.

You aren't going to find a whole lot of counterfeits unless you're looking at high grade CC morgans or something. People don't tend to counterfeit lower premium coins, and that's what I imagine you're going to be looking at.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.