[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Goldman Sachs - Is College Worth It?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
http://fox6now.com/2015/12/09/is-college-worth-it-goldman-sachs-says-maybe-not/

>Not worth if you're at a bottom tier 25% college
>Not worth it if you're not in Health Care, Business, and Technology

>BETTER OFF DOING LYNDA.COM AND MOOCS COURSES

HOOOOOOOOOOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTT

REKT

Where my fellow STEM/Business fags at?!
>>
CS/Math bro here!

Holy shit, I can't believe the baiters in these college threads who say that STEM is a bubble. Motherfucker, most college students can't even get past Calc 1, and we're living in a society that's requiring more and more tech savvy and math skills.
>>
File: dfbndggn.png (61 KB, 615x920) Image search: [Google]
dfbndggn.png
61 KB, 615x920
How fucked am I?
>>
>>991981

Not fucked, you're good brah
>>
>>991958
>>991958
>STEM is a bubble.
That's because it is, you fucking freshmen. Over half of all engineering students never become engineers. The remaining 50% is split 35% technians and 15% engineers. Even with these numbers they're still too many engineers. You bought into Mark Zuckerjew and his SV buddies propaganda that Americans aren't majoring in STEM; even though studies proved that otherwise. The whole STEM job shortage myth is a giant PR machine for HB-1 visa increase for cheap labor. SEM are doing poorly. S and M(gigitty) they have funding issues. E is having an overglut of graduates and poor job projections for the next 15 years. T is doing okay but they're starting to feel the over-saturation of coders. Type in IEEE stem is a myth. You'll see what I mean. You were born in the wrong time, FAQM. The cold war is gone, and no need to fund science/engineering. I hope you enjoy serving me coffee.
>>
File: trash_it_goes.png (407 KB, 570x489) Image search: [Google]
trash_it_goes.png
407 KB, 570x489
yes stem is mostly propaganda but for example computer science is a big winner. learn to program and you are set for life
>>
File: Untitled.png (64 KB, 442x660) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
64 KB, 442x660
Now fucked am I?
>>
File: lolz.jpg (31 KB, 573x609) Image search: [Google]
lolz.jpg
31 KB, 573x609
>>992144
>>
>>992150
is it that bad

could I switch? I like maths but I don't want to end up homeless
>>
>>992151
nah you're fine
>>
>>992153
oh ok
>>
>>992135
What degree would be best to get money if STEM is no good?
>>
>>992194
Honours Bachelor of Science in Hustling from the Ibn Khalid University of the Americas
>>
>>992135

The M stopped standing for math a long time ago.

It now stands for medical and that's starting to feel the squeeze too. Over 1k applications for 80 seats at the med school in my city

I feel bad for anyone with large amounts of consumer debt and tuition in the next ten years. Sit is only going to get worse
>>
>>991944
Goldman a bit slow on the uptake if they just noticed. Although they probably noticed it a while ago but held off on saying anything till it wouldn't hurt their credibility..

College as a model does not suit to being a job card. It was designed for rich people to learn the skills to manage their father's business or fuck around with other rich people, or like 1/1,000,000 scholars (who often overlap with the other group) and only became as necessary as it is because the courts banned testing job applicants because 'das raycis'
>>
>>991944
>tfw studying Theoretic and Applied Mechanics, CS, + Economics and the government is paying 110% of my tuition & using all 5 years to study :)
>tfw in-tuition is getting reduced next year
>>
I spoke with a younger IBD Goldman employee. He said if you don't have anyone on the inside, you have no chance in hell. That, and unless you were from the ivy or from target schools like queens and Michigan state; you have no chance.

Goldman acts like degrees are useless. Sure, to them they are. Others they aren't. What's worthless is the lack of connections the university provides
>>
>>992378
in-state tuition** samefag btw
>>
>>992248
You're right. Math is now part of S. Also medcine is a super depressing field. I believe there is an article in the Atlantic about it. Doctors suicide rates are rising. Propublica published doctors who are nothing more than drug salesmen. They have a database that's categorize by state and city. The debt is a big issue and the push by hospitals to make NP and PA do what generally a GP would do in the past is going to make med school admissions harder and more difficult to get a job.
>>992194
Honestly? Stats and econ/finance and go work in supply chain. Or become a cop. Cops make upper middle class salaries these days. Tradesmen more more than the average American; which is 52K by the way for average American. Jobs that people say that are for "dumb" or "poor" people often pay more than white collar jobs. Most accounting jobs pay shit wages. Even with a CPA. Finance is only useful with connections. But the transportation, shipping, and logistics industry as a whole is booming.
>>
>>992379
This. Top investment firms only want connections. You'll be surprised how many people are college dropouts at those firms, because their father is some wealthy asshole the MDs in the firm want to suck for money and networks. If you're someone with no connection go into law enforcement. After ten years open a private security firm or join one. Pays a hell of a lot more than finance.
>>
>>992379
This article isn't about what goldman wants in hires, it's about the return on a college degree in general. D-did you even read it?
>>
>>991944
Nothing we didn't already know
>>
>>992144
I know it's shit but Exeter sounds like some sort of holy British blade, I'll grab a spare degree from there in a few years just for kicks.
>>
>>992144
come to Exeter!
>>
>>992144
Warwick is very good. Go there if you dont get Oxford and work in finance.
>>
Goldman Sachs always pulls shit from their asshole. Take anything they say with a grain salt or better do the opposite of what they say.
>>
>>992655
Nah they're right here. Too many idiots go to college. That includes most arts degrees and all black people.
>>
>>992378
how the fuck do you get free college paid by government?
>>
>>991981
>>992037
lse rejected me today.
probably in favor of some chinese cunt who doesn't speak english and bought his exam results.

it's over.
>>
>>992976
A lot of euro countries do this. My gf basically got her education all the way up to Phd paid for by the Danish government.
>>
>>992976
>>993048
It's not free. I got a master's in EE in Finland and I'm now paying double the tax rates as I would in USA with about half the salary of a power systems engineer.
It only starts to even out if you have a lot of kids, then it is cheaper to live here.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.