[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the path to success? Where do you get motivation and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1343094194763.gif (2 MB, 306x236) Image search: [Google]
1343094194763.gif
2 MB, 306x236
What is the path to success? Where do you get motivation and knowledge from?

Eventually my goal is to work a job where I don't have to work 40 hours a week. Something maybe in sales or finance or something, but I never can figure out where to get started. Any advice from you successful anons?
>>
>>990837

Successful people spend years working 60-100 hour weeks so that they can have that chill lifestyle later on.
>>
File: laughing-man-2.jpg (21 KB, 383x317) Image search: [Google]
laughing-man-2.jpg
21 KB, 383x317
>>990837
>Something maybe in sales or finance or something,

>Sales
>Working less than 40 hours a week

>Finance
>Working less than 40 hours a week

Do you have any idea what you're talking about? LM AO
>>
what separates humans from animals is the ability to motivate yourself without needing emotions, pleasure, pain, serotonin, dopamine, norepinephrine or anything to motivate you, anyone who relies on these things can often find an easier way of obtaining them, an analogy might be fapping rather than trying to get laid

just use your critical thinking skills to determine what the best course of action is then follow it
>>
>>990846
Alright, so where can I work not working 100 hours a week and still make a livable wage? That's really my definition of success.

>>990848
Well then scratch that, I don't wanna be a wagekek just to make a bunch of money.
>>
>>990837
ATM just learning everything I can about how money works and flows around the world and also pursuing a strong interest in tourism. Where I'll end up I don't know but I feel hopeful.
>>
>>990855
NOT OP, sorry about that. sage
>>
>>990854
>Alright, so where can I work not working 100 hours a week and still make a livable wage?

So basically your question is "Where can I earn a lot of money but not work a lot"?

Gee what an interesting goal! It's not like the entire population of the world wants to earn a lot and not work very much. Very interesting OP, that is really creative hmmm let me think about it
>>
>>990837
try r9k
>>
>>990854
>Well then scratch that, I don't wanna be a wagekek just to make a bunch of money.

That is the way to do it.

>make a bunch of money
>invest it
>downsize to a less stressful job and use income from investments to make up the difference.

>>990854
>Alright, so where can I work not working 100 hours a week and still make a livable wage? That's really my definition of success.

Basically anything not food service or retail. Anything over $15/hr in most parts of the US will allow you to rent an OK place, put food on the table, and drive an older used car while having a bit for savings.
>>
>>990861
>a lot of money
But anon, I never said I wanted a lot of money, I said a livable wage, which doesn't mean a lot of money.

Never said I was trying to be creative either. It's like you're trying to make an argument out of nothing!
>>
>>990868
I'm having trouble finding anything that makes $15/hr, yet I see anons claiming finding a job that makes 50k/year is apparently really easy without even having a degree.

Alright, assuming that's what has to be done, where do I go from there? I want to put in the time, but where do I go to put the time in?
>>
>>990877
>work a shit job
>apply for better jobs
>pray to RNJesus during applications and interviews
>get a non-shit job

Having a consistent work history(no gaps between jobs) always helps. It usually comes down to how well you would fit in with your co-workers

My most recent sucessful job interview
>job asked for 2-5 years experience
>knew nothing about the job
>showed I could work having done food service and landscaping over the last 2 years
>made them laugh with a stripper innuendo regarding tips
>work with a bunch of dirty old bastards
>certifications require them to train you from the ground up
>>
>>990837

fuck bitches get money
>>
Find a chill job with ok money at 40
Hours per week

Find a way to make money on the side

Invest intelligently

That is the best advice. And no, I will not be less vague.
>>
>>990851
underrated post desu
>>
Make and sell

Audopiolet mode
>>
>>990837

>Where do you get motivation

God

> and knowledge

Internet
>>
>>990837
buying bitcoin
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.