[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
any of you anons find the solution to being anxious/low mood/no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: aTEAg5u.jpg (90 KB, 636x579) Image search: [Google]
aTEAg5u.jpg
90 KB, 636x579
any of you anons find the solution to being anxious/low mood/no motivation?
I have all this shit I want to do with my life in my head, and I'm still young enough to do it, but I'm depressed and take medication everyday and feel too anxious to start my projects or socialize with anyone.
>>
Just throw yourself in the deep end. What's the worst that could happen?
>>
Balanced diet. Fruitz veg grains clean meat.

Exercise 3x per week.

Report back in 6 months when u feel better
>>
>>987184
Meditation is fine too.
>>
>>987200
and how do I do that
>>
You can play any videogames or destroy anything.
>>
>>987213
By sitting on the ground with your damn ass and stop asking so many questions.
>>
try r9k
>>
>>987184
Fucking do the things in your head. Stop wasting your life.
>>
>>987184

back where you belong!

>>>/r9k/catalog
>>
>>987190
Not OP but can you elaborate more on the diet part?
>>
>>987229
>>987251
But I have a girlfriend and an education
I'm just trying to ask for advice not looking to wallow in pity
>>
>>987863

Are you me OP lol make a plan and stick to it. Don't ever, EVER go back on ANYTHING. I bet you have episodes of doing constant u turns in your car and you probably are never able to make a solid decision. Kick back a drink or two or take a quarter xanax. Stick to your word. Have a spine.
>>
Exercise even if it's minor like pushups can be good if you do a lot of them.

Less drugs except caffeine.

Try to find times when you can be productive without slacking off. For me it's in the morning and evening, sort of the opposite of most people. Morning because I have a lot of shit to do today, evening because oh fuck I still have shit to do. Afternoon I basically do nothing.

Also I tend have a lot of momentum of slacking, if I slack off for many days in a row it takes at least one day of trying and failing to be productive before I can actually get back in the productivity mindset.
>>
>>987184
There's a very good chance that you:

>don't eat the correct fats (olive oil, canola oil)
>don't eat enough omega 3 (fish)
>probably eat like shit in general (90% of serotonin is made in your gut)
>don't exercise
>don't socialize
>avoid your fears (in fight or flight situations, choose flight)
>don't examine your emotions, are tone deaf emotionally
>suffer from catastrophic thinking and anxiety
>perhaps don't believe in something greater than yourself
>have no spiritual element to your life despite 99% of all humans who have ever existed having one

if even a handful of those things are true, there is help. there's a really, really good book called the brain fog fix written by a doctor who, even though the book is written for everybody, manages to say some enlightening things about how diet, exercise, socializing and spirituality affect our moods. he provides many foods and habits which will help you out.

it starts by fixing your diet and your thinking. then it moves on from there. the book contains a 21 day program, with each week focusing on a different aspect of why you are depressed and fail to get out of the hole. there is also good albeit basic information on your brain chemistry

the reason why you fail is not will power. life should be fun, engaging and interesting, as well as challenging. if it is not, something is wrong. and this can make it impossible to succeed.

as the author states in the book, you are trying to run a marathon on a broken leg. it's not a matter of will power. your brain chemistry is not balanced.

as for meds, 2/3rds of people prescribed anti-depressants do not have symptoms that warrant prescriptions. by taking anti-depressants you are likely avoiding some low lows, but also preventing yourself from feeling the high highs of life.

you're still young. read the book, get off the meds, fix your diet, exercise regularly. it helped me a lot.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZB242RE/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?ie=UTF8&btkr=1
>>
>>987912
thanks a lot man, most helpful post in this thread
>>
>>987863
Well desu females are useless in the grand scheme of it.
>>
>>987912
Not OP but thanks so much for this post and the book recommendation
>>
>>987184
lose your virginity
>>
>>987184
Rational emotive behavioral therapy
>>
File: 1449238563960.png (380 KB, 699x757) Image search: [Google]
1449238563960.png
380 KB, 699x757
>>987443
>>
>>987443

Good:
Lean meats, seafood
Vegetables (not fried)
Fruits ( 1 - 2 cups per day)
Whole grains and oats
water
tea
2% milk or less

Meh:
fruit juice (its loaded with sugar so one cup per day is okay)
rice (brown rice is okay, but white not so much)
rolls (just starch not so good)
mashed potatoes (a little is okay)
popcorn (a little is okay)

Nope:
sweets
soft drinks
fried food
tons of starched/bleached carbs
heavily oiled/fatty foods
>>
>>987912

totes agree with everything here.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.