[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEETO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1
File: victoria_2.jpg (96 KB, 400x250) Image search: [Google]
victoria_2.jpg
96 KB, 400x250
Does playing economic based video games mean I'm doomed to be unsuccessful?

Pic related its my favorite game.
>>
>>986523
Playing ANY videogaymes in your freetime instead of using it to improve yourself or earn money more or less dooms you to being unsuccessful, and average at best.
>>
>>986527

But if I am experimenting with an economic simulation am I not improving myself?
>>
>>986532
No you're just lying to yourself.

Start reading books and studying finance, videogaymes are not a good simulation.
>>
>>986552
>videogaymes
Oh look it's this guy again
>>
>>986570
It's the correct term, what are you talking about?
>>
Simulation is absolutely vital to gaining a nuanced understanding (a "feel") for situations.
Books can introduce you to ideas but they cannot provide deep understanding.

That said, most video games are disappointingly unrealistic
>>
>>986527
If you are not reading a book while taking a shit you are literally wasting your life and doomed to be average.
>>
>>986552
What are you doing here ? You should be reading books you faggot !
>>
>>986846

I masturbate and think about money while I'm taking a shit, thus conditioning my mind to acquire profit, while you're wasting your time reading about how other people became successful by selling books.
>>
>>986532
I always try to make myself believe this too.
>>986826
What are some that are realistic enough to be worthwhile?
>>
>>986892
>What are some that are realistic enough to be worthwhile?

plus500
>>
>>986826

Well this game is rather realistic in places such as loans, forecasting, investing and playing the market
>>
>>986523
maybe psychologically associate your little games with real life work, business, economics and investment

it is more difficult but it is more expansive and you get bitches and paper
>>
Sorry man but the markets are the markets. The books and games can only give you a framework for real world analysis. The real markets are so complex that there are teams of people working around the clock to make sense of them.

>>986892
ThinkorSwim
Interactive Brokers

both have free papermoney accounts
>>
>>986973
are you chinese friendo?
>>
I wouldn't say you are doomed if you play vidya, but if you want your financial life to have anything to do with vidya, you are doomed
>>
>>986973

So I installed ThinkorSwim. I figured I would be buying and selling stocks, but I don't see that anywhere on here.
>>
>>986532
no because that game is shit

>not enough small arms on market to meet demand
>can't just offer market price + 10%
>unit goes unbuilt for 2 years

good job paradox
>>
>>987338
I will admit thats pretty stupid, not sure why they never implemented the country to country trading system that hearts of iron 3 had.

The guys working on the PDM tried to implement auctions instead, but they couldn't get it to work without the economy getting wrecked.
>>
>>986523

No but the personality that likes these types of games (i am one) tends to be averse to risk, which can be an impediment to becoming truly successful.
>>
Is any of those Anno games decent?
>>
>>986883
>masturbate
>on the toilet
that's not normal anon

>>987338
I think Vic 2 had a huge amount of potential if Paradox fixed all the bugs and stupid shit, but they pretty much abandoned it. Still pretty fun game though.
>>
>>988690
Anno games would teach you how basic stuff is/was made back then. It would be better to research yourself how to make stuff.
>>
>>986527
>le improve yourself meme
Hes right OP, if you dont spend every waking minute "improving yourself" you're doomed to be average :^)
>>
>>986892
Arma 3
>>
>>989832
He's right though, if you want to be exceptional you have to work more than the average person. 'Works hundred hour weeks' is pretty much the one common trait amongst all self-made financially successful people.
>>
>>989856
anybody here isn't going to be exceptional :^)
>>
>>986973
are you Chinese?
>>
>>989858
They could be if they put the effort in. But then so could most people
>>
>>986988
wait you can't find the stocks on think or swim? am I reading this correctly?
>>
>>988690

Anno Dawn of Discovery is pretty rad tad
>>
>>989861

ya i found like the forex tabs and stuff but i dont know how to pick them up
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.