[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help -
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: deny christ.jpg (381 KB, 500x534) Image search: [Google]
deny christ.jpg
381 KB, 500x534
Oh boy here is comes... TECHNICAL ANALYSIS.

>do you do it?
>how much learning did you do before you trusted your skills enough to apply them?
>where did you learn it?

does anyone know a specific place where a person could find webinars, videos, etc starting from the beginning and where to start? youtube seems to have some but they are either black and white powerpoint slides or not long or in depth enough.
>>
File: sangoma-bone-reading-contents.jpg (290 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
sangoma-bone-reading-contents.jpg
290 KB, 500x375
>>
File: investing in bitcoin.gif (3 MB, 392x260) Image search: [Google]
investing in bitcoin.gif
3 MB, 392x260
>>985119
Pic related: Technical analysis
>>
>>985150
>>985156
I understand a lot of people feel this way but I would like to learn anyway.

So if anyone has any suggestions on where to start other than 'dur google it' I would appreciate it.
>>
>>985119
i use it, just to try to get better prices. i use it mostly with indicies though. individual stocks you might guess a ceiling or a floor but it's usually a poor guess.

babypips, the forex site, goes over TA in it's class very well
>>
I learned by renting this book from my library. I use it more as a a guide for when to time my purchases and exits. Its nifty to know but I never bet against the fundamentals and proper analysis and projections.

http://www.amazon.com/Japanese-Candlestick-Charting-Techniques-Edition/dp/0735201811
>>
File: anna-nicole-smith1.jpg (116 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
anna-nicole-smith1.jpg
116 KB, 450x300
>>985119
I teach it (TA) to corporate energy company employees. I speak at seminars when asked and talk to university finance classes. I'm an oldfag with many experiences and I own a trading company as well as a consulting company. My client base is mid-tier corporations and private companies that are usually family owned. (Investment banks will never hire me but I have trained two investment bankers.) I live in Houston.

If you own a fancy bag of golf clubs, do you know how and when to use each one? It's sort of the same thing with technical analysis. Only there's a lot more TA methods than golf clubs.

TA is a great thing but FA is too. FA told you that one day the Saudis would fuck shale producers. TA told you the day that it happened. That's the value of TA.

Goldman Sachs uses TA so you should, too.
>>
>>985156
>>985150
mysides.jpg
>>
>>985344
How would you recommend I into TA? Google? I'm a minimum wage wage slave btw.
>>
>>985119

Waste of time. Learn a real skill.
>>
>>986632
Easiest way to start is with your friend, Google.
>>
>>985119
I would have to kill you if i told you how i do it
>>
>>985119
Investopedia is prretty good but it's mostly text, not videos. I'd be a little wary of anything on Youtube.
There are lots of good books out there. The Intelligent Investor gets mentioned a lot.
>>
>>985119
>>985162

"How to TA?" is a meme, learning how to trade profitably requires years of work and effort.

Open a demo account somewhere, develop your own method, and practice until you're consistently profitable. Then go live with the smallest amount of cash you can while working on mastering your emotions. Don't be reckless.
>>
>>986729

This guy would disagree:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyT0BKBinoM
>>
>>985119
>>do you do it?
yes
>>how much learning did you do before you trusted your skills enough to apply them?
pretty much straight away
>>where did you learn it?
university, master of computer science
>>
>>986955
I stopped watching at the obnoxious dubstep.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.