[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what does /biz/ think is the best city in the world?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: new-york-13-exterior-night-04.jpg (185 KB, 1400x477) Image search: [Google]
new-york-13-exterior-night-04.jpg
185 KB, 1400x477
what does /biz/ think is the best city in the world?
>>
New York if you're a normie.

Tokyo if you're next level.
>>
>Wanting to live in a non-white city

No thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 620x387
That would be amsterdam.
>>
Mumbai
>>
File: 1448257738306.png (690 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1448257738306.png
690 KB, 640x640
I like NYC, it has that feeling other cities dont have.
>>
>>984301
>Not Berlin
>Not Tel Aviv
>Not Austin
CÜCKED
>>
>>984301
none
>>
As a non-cantinadian just across the sound, I find Victoria bc to be a charming small city. It is definitely world class (maybe a little boring). Compared to the night life of the north Olympic peninsula, however, it is a metropolis.
>>
Dallas/Fort-Worth area

>no state income tax
>good job market even for uneducated fucks
>lots of successful one man businesses
>hardly ever see Mexicans outside the ghetto parts or Wal-Mart
>tons of qt 3.14 Asian girls
>very liberal area despite stereotypes about Texas (no shotgun carrying racist Uncles in jacked up Trucks)
>Texas has one of the cheapest housing market in the country
>tons of colleges
>tons of sports
>tons of bars/clubs
>lots of ethnic places to eat
>not filthy and overpopulated like NYC or Tokyo
>not dangerous or ghetto like LA, Miami, or Chicago
>>
None of them. I like the countryside.

If I had to though, Bern Switzerland is nice.
>>
Lake Titicaca
>>
>>984301

Texas is best city in the world
>>
>>984471
Is any of this actually true? I always think of Texas in its entirety as an absolute shithole.
>>
>>984471
Yea that makes me want to move there. What are the downsides?
>>
>>984611
>>984656

Be prepared to drive a lot and the heat will take a lot of getting used to. I don't know where y''all are from so I have no comparison but DFW is doing very well right now
>>
>>984301
New York is an overrated cesspit. Anything good about it died decades ago.

London, Tokyo, Amsterdam, Hong Kong, Montreal, Melbourne and Dublin are Iin the top 7, and all far superior to New York.
>>
>>984471
>>984517
>>984611

Georgiafag here. Texas is pretty fucking great. Good money, low taxes, good people, great food.

It can get a little hot but thats it.
>>
>>984756

London is so ridiculously expensive though.

> I'll have a beer please
> That'll be $9.50

And it rains all the fuckin time.
>>
>>984471
Phoenix is kinda like that except the job market sucks, all the women are ugly, and people are boring and uneducated as shit.

Maybe it's better when you live in a rich area, I live in the suburbs where every single person you see has let all their dreams die, so they're trying to fill the void by raising kids. I could be biased though.
>>
>>984756
>rain
>japan
>rain
>china
>cold
>inflation
>rain

Yeah, no thanks. Maybe Hong Kong if you're rich.
>>
File: 20456819205_b2733e292f_o.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1561) Image search: [Google]
20456819205_b2733e292f_o.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1561
I have lived in Tokyo for two years and definitelly my best city. Perfect infrastructure, clean, polite people, good food, very beautiful sights.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pv3DzRKnec

gateway to europe lads

amsterdam is a mouldy old tourist trap
>>
File: A.xmas.3.jpg (26 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
A.xmas.3.jpg
26 KB, 320x180
>>984388
Isn't it NOLA?
NYC is just your typical big city
>>
Toronto ... OH I thought it said WORST city in the world.
>>
>>984769

Arlington here. Yeah it's pretty great. My house has 4 bedrooms and almost 2,500 square feet. Built in 2004. It only cost me $129K. Where I grew up in VA, you couldn't buy a condemned house for that cheap. I came here when I was 19 with $2,200 in savings. I found a roommate and job immediately. Ended up going to HVAC classes at a tech school my roommate worked for. I finished earlier this year and I'm now making $50K. Not bad for a kid with a GED. I plan to get my contractor's licence in a few years and start my own company. I know guys that work for themselves making over $100K a year in HVAC and plumbing. Those things are very important and always in demand here when it's 90+ degrees 9 months a year.
>>
File: Anchorage_on_an_April_evening.jpg (725 KB, 2888x1831) Image search: [Google]
Anchorage_on_an_April_evening.jpg
725 KB, 2888x1831
>>984301
Anchorage, AK. Where it hasn't been 70deg in 40 years.
>>
>>984656
>Rapidly increasing housing costs. 9% year-on-year for the foreseeable future. My mom is a realtor; she lists a house and it can sell in a day.

>Driving 45+ minutes on a regular basis with some of the worst drivers in the nation.

>You pretty much can't walk anywhere. Public transportation is next to nonexistent.

>The Metroplex does blend together into never-ending Suburbia. You have to seek out the pockets of interesting stuff that hide away behind endless Targets and Office Depots and Burger Kings.

>The hottest days of summer make you not want to do anything but sit in your house eating junk food and running up your electric bill.

If you don't mind being entirely car based and don't feel the need to live in a 'special' place (as in you get enamored with the reputation of cities like NYC, LA, SF, etc.) then you can't go wrong. Almost any industry can succeed here with a central location on the American interstate system, a huge international airport, relative proximity to the Gulf, lots of space for expansion, the biggest connection to Mexico, and cities that fight hard to attract financial, medical and technological organizations.
>>
>>985389
NOLA's got culture out the ass, but it's got crime and poverty out the ass too.

Probably the best city to do business in Louisiana, though Baton Rouge has been seeing rising investment from big money from the IT sector in recent years though.
>>
>>984319
>tfw no extremly dangerous blow
>>
>Lagos, Nigeria
>Johannesburg, South Africa
>Hong Kong, China
>Singapore, Malaysia
>Tel Aviv, Israel
>Santiago, Chile

If you are not getting a firm footing in an emerging market business hub either in Africa, Asia or South America right now, you need to kill yourself.

None of the bad elements will ever affect you if you are in any position to go to these places for business pursuits.
If you are not
>>
>>984301
>>984315
>>984395
>>984471
>>984756
>>985397
>>985606

>wanting to live in kike infested wageslaving hubs

T O P
C
U
C
K
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.