[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started a Janitorial business with my Dad. Why haven't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1448904940299.jpg (1 MB, 4000x3266) Image search: [Google]
1448904940299.jpg
1 MB, 4000x3266
I started a Janitorial business with my Dad. Why haven't you?

>Get to work in the evenings 4-6 hours a day
>~$500 of cleaner equipment will last for ~$3,000 of cleaning (nice margins)
>You don't need to be good at sales to secure contracts
>All you need to learn is how to use a commercial floor buffer and carpet cleaner
>Can start with less than $10K (find used equipment on eBay and Craigslist)

I'm 22. Started when I was 18 with the help of my Dad (had the equipment). I started with churches, charging $500/week to clean after service on Mondays and Wednesdays and wax the floors once a week. Costs (cleaners, buffer pads, etc.) ran about $300 (shopped at Wal-Mart and Lowe's). I started growing through word of mouth (church members that owned businesses) and once I got more volume coming in, I started stocking up on wholesale cleaners and my costs dropped dramatically. About a year in my Aunt who works for a local credit union got me waxing floors for all 13 bank locations. I hired my Dad and Brother full-time. I now still have those contracts plus over 30 Ntelos stores on our side of the state. Hired 5 more employees (friends of my Dad, he's been a janitor for decades). I do nothing but accounting, payroll, and inventory management now. Workers supply their own vans. Closing this year with over $1.6M in revenue. Hoping to secure a contract in June 2016 for cleaning a 30,000 square foot server farm upstate from a guy I met on /biz/ that works there. Would bring in over $1M annual revenue alone. Currently giving myself a salary of $50K. I'm a high school dropout by the way.
>>
>cleaning a server farm
>deposit roomba
>>
>>982361

do you like cleaning Indian poo-poo? It's the curry that makes it sticky.
>>
>>982388

I'm not a plumber, or clean stores/schools where kids shit.
>>
>>982361
I started a Janitorial business with my Dad. Why haven't you?

Because im not that much of a cûck
>>
>>982361
Server farm willing to spend $1M per year buffing floor

Yeah, good for you. Also have 15 inch cock?
>>
>>982361
>nepotism original equipment
>nepotism major clients
>nepotism expanded worker base

>"Why haven't you done it?"
>>
>>982361
If this is true, it's pretty awesome. Lots of kids (especially the /biz/ crowd) don't realize that there's tons of money to be made in places outside of banks/accounting/startups. All the old local cleaning/maintenance businesses are ruled by old boys with absolutely no business or marketing skills, so it's very easy to compete. How much profit is the company taking from the $1.6mm?
>>982436
I know this is bait but:
>nepotism original equipment
He said that you can start with under $10k. $10k is a tiny investment in a business that has a lot of potential.
>nepotism major clients
He also said he started with cleaning churches and got a lot of work through there. He only got the credit union job through his Aunt (Who works there, doesn't own it I'm guessing), which wouldn't be any different from getting a job through a friend. Make more friends if you're jelly.
>nepotism expanded worker base
If anything he pays his brother and father more than he would some random blue collar worker.
>>
>>982361
I also started a small biz with ma pops when I was 18. Same age as you now. Got no help but sweat equity from my dad(unemployed at the time so no money). Saved money from my job I had then to buy the bare minimum I needed to get started. I had to do so much studying and research. I put in the hours because I was motivated as fuck and I really wanted $$$. Feels great knowing I was able to improve my station in life through sheer force of will.

>>982430
Pecunia non olet

>>982436
Sounds like he may have gotten a small head start but he actually did something with the opportunity he was given. Some people would of just got a mcjob. He mentioned growth through word of mouth which is telling me he did a good job and his prices where fair. Also just being friendly and talking with customers/clients can open up a lot of new doors. Basically just be social which is not hard to do.
>>
>>982361
I'm too busy losing money on Bitcoin. That's my answer, now get out of my sight!
>>
There is a fuck load of money to be made in these sort of jobs.

Same thing with lawn care. It's a tough job but people will pay for good work.

While everyone else goes to college the supply of menial labour workers/businesses is comparatively shrinking.
>>
>>982619
>While everyone else goes to college the supply of menial labour workers/businesses is comparatively shrinking.
This is true, especially seeing as women basically refuse to do these jobs, sheltering them further from saturation.
>>
File: a-nice-girl.png (567 KB, 700x543) Image search: [Google]
a-nice-girl.png
567 KB, 700x543
lmao good luck trying to make this sound dignified
>"so anon what do you do for a living?"
>>
>>982753
"fuck your two cents if it ain't goin' towards the bill
>>
>>982753
i knew someone that started their own office cleaning business
first year they did the work themselves + 1 employee
by the second year they had a handfull of staff doing all the cleaning and he just scheduled things and got new clients

made > $150,000 AUD per year.

>"so anon what do you do for a living?"
>i run a cleaning business. wanna go for a spin in my bmw?
>>
>>982782
>made > $150,000 AUD per year.
>wanna go for a spin in my bmw?

>bmw with $150k monopoly money pa
>>
>>982791
Thats not even hard to do. I know a nigerian guy who immigrated 6 years ago, started Cleaning offices and now owns 9 apartments in the city.
>>
>>982361
Proud of you OP.
>>
>>982753
Custodian
>>
OP do you have any advice on quoting customers? I'm thinking about getting into this myself, but I'm not sure if i should charge per square foot or what.
>>
>>982927

Surveys. Do it yourself or pay some college student to go around to businesses asking how much they spend on janitorial services and if they are happy with their current provider.
>>
>>982753
lel. So do you really let others opinion stop you from making money? Stay poor.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.