[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hacking for Profit [Passive Income]
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2
Hey everyone, so as we know, hacking exists, and its very profitable, provided you find the right game and the right people who buy hacked items which is not as hard as you might think, since you just sell it, without saying its hacked. The upside is, you can make alot of $, but the downside is, you can totally mess with a games economy if you over do it.

There is a game I play, & there are a group of hackers, mainly 1 real hacker, and 2 other lackeys that sell the hacked items, and they have 1 person that sells to people now, while they sit back and collect the $

>1 hacker gives items to 2 guys
>2 guys hold different hacked items and give to 1 guy to sell to players
>1 guy is able to make a bit of $, while the 2 guys make a bunch for not much work
>hacker gets paid a cut of every single deal

We're talking like $5000 a month, split 40, 25, 25, and 10. The kicker is, these guys are only 19/20, so it's basically just free passive income.

I would like to get into this, hacking games and selling items, because the money is very good for someone like me who doesn't like to work a day job or have a boss or anything, and I'm in university (Finance Major, top school).

My question to you guys is, since there are many programmers amongst you, where should I begin? How does someone actually learn how to hack a game? I have basically no programming knowledge, but I have 8 months of free time right now, and I'd like to put that to good use learning a new skill, and I think programming/hacking might be what I want to learn. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Also, does /biz/ think its worth the effort to learn how to program/hack, to be able to make a few thousand $'s a month in passive income, doing maybe 5 minutes of work per day, and just logging in to distribute items? I already have a game in mind by the way, and it's according to the hacker, very badly made, so that's why he's able to hack it, with his beginner skill level (he's actually only 17).
>>
>>982054

What game?
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 750x422
>nudity
>blue board

Reported
>>
>>982081
Wind your neck in
>>
>>982081

that wasn't even nudity you dunce, but i removed it because of your liberal antics

>>982079

why would i tell you that, you might use it for your advantage.
>>
>>982085

haha ok then, enjoy your plethora of advice
>>
>>982090

:( just help me and I'll tell you the game after I promise man, just don't want to give everything away yet.
>>
>>982101

no
>>
>>982108

Okay, before I tell you the game, what are your qualifications that insure me you're able to help me with this and give useful advice?
>>
>>982109

I don't have any, I'm just curious about which game it is
>>
Just make a steam stealer and sell items collected that way.

The basic premise of it is that when it detects user using steam it checks their inventory for a list of items you want that are above a certain threshold. Then it sends a trade request to your account which you autoaccept any trades so it's basically instant and irreversible.

What programming languages do you know? This could be easily made in a few days in C#.
>>
>>982114

It's a game that's not on Steam though, but it is going to Steam early 2016, (it's been Greenlit since July 2015).

So, a Steam stealer is something I'd need to get onto the users PC right? I cant just hack the client itself?

The game I'm talking about has a bunch of client-sided things, so that's how these hackers are hacking, they're editing game files on their PC. The game uses nProtect Game Guard, which is a very shitty hacker protectant according to online chatter.

I also know, ZERO programming languages, that's why I have to start from scratch, but I'd like to cater my learning towards learning things I can hack with, instead of making pretty websites and things.
>>
File: Unknown.jpg (3 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
3 KB, 259x194
I am 90% sure you are talking about TF2 (or CS:GO/DOTA2).

If so, I have done this with a group of russian connects for around 2-3 years (currently 20 years old), and have made 50k net roughly.

There are a lot of risks involved such as Valve bans which have cost me a lot of profit and a lot of preventative measures that should be taken that cannot be learned anywhere but by experience and trial and error.

I personally feel as if shit's about to go south really soon due to Valve's recent announcement of mandatory phone verification and escrow services and have pretty much decided to quit and focus on school for now.

Let me know if this is what you were referring to, and I provide you with some more info on what the current state of the market is like (in an underground/black market perspective).
>>
>>982120
No I don't think you can do anything client side.

And yes for the stealer you would need it on their computers. It basically sends their Steam inventory to you without their consent. Might want to look into that instead as it is likely a lot more profitable.
>>
Oh and learn C# and winapi if you want to make meme programs like this.

Tbh though you might as well go balls deep if you're going to instead of making pathetic $50-100/week

>>982121
$50k total or just you? Shieeet that's a lot for a gay ass stealer lol
>>
>>982120
Ah in that case,

Disregard my last comment.
>>
>>982126
50k total for just me.

I never stole anything personally, I only acted as a fence and someone to provide the actual perpetrators with a LOT of pure on the regular (whenever they need it).
>>
>>982121

Okay, you know what

http://driftcity.gamescampus.com/

That is the game, it's not on Steam 'yet' but it will go there early 2016. It's been around since 2007, and the game security is VERY bad, basically the same since then. Mito hacks (in game currency) have been around since 2010, and have not been patched, just like item and parts hacks.

I understand about the bans, but this game doesn't really ban people, since the moderators and Game Masters are all corrupt and only help their few friends, and they don't ban hackers, because apparently, it's useless since they'll just keep hacking. They also take months to patch things.

Maybe you could download the game if you want, if you do want to, tell me your in game name and I'll message you.

>>982123

Oh, well, that's sort of what I want to do mainly, even something like lagging my internet to kill the bots in-game, so I can get the items faster would be something I'd like to try.

Also, it's hard to put things onto peoples PC's isn't it? I need them to accept the file over Skype or maybe create a parts point calculator, that calculates points for people, then put this software in there as a package, and let people download it blindly, then I can get access. Only problem would be, hiding it from other people who know how to access program files.
>>
>>982130
The fuck is "pure"?

I'm not hip with the slang

>>982131
Just post it on forums as "CS GO AIMBOT" and retards will download it probably, maybe set up an affiliate program where if people assist you with it they get 50% of the loot or something.

Looks like a meme game also, is it even popular enough to be worth anything?
>>
>>982131
How big is the market though, and how much demand is there for in-game items.

TF2 is sort of an outlier for these types of games because there really are people out there who are willing to spend upwards for 10k for a single in-game cosmetic item.

And with regards to bans, if the game actually ends up being put on steam, Valve likely will get involved in account bans if items are traded through the steam trading system. Valve bans using an unknown algorithm that is really unpredictable and appeals are now done through an automated system that pretty much NEVER lifts bans.
>>
>>982134
Pure is basically any form of TF2 currency that is regularly sold for Paypal or Webmoney (the Russian and Eurasian alternative for Paypal).

This means TF2 Mann Co. Supply Crate Keys, or CS GO keys (slowly shifting to becoming the main currency for all games because of ongoing speculation that TF2 is dying).
>>
>>982134
>>982136

Game has like 1000 + active players on a weekly basis, that speak English and spend money on the game.

Each set of parts, once you reach level 90 and become a pro, is worth around $1500 US to buy legally, but the hackers sell it for $1000 or so.

The demand is definitely there, this game used to have 30,000 players in 2010, but it's been slowly decreasing, because of bad management, and when it goes to Steam, it will be very much alive again, as long as the transition is good. Hopingly, at least.

Also, people that are new, will have to spend at least $200 on the game, and the game is very addictive, so that's why it's a cash cow. I've been playing since 2007, and I've probably spent around $4000 on this game, lol.

Also, according to the top players, the game if it goes to Steam, won't change much, and Steam will just become a new 'launcher' for the game, so the trading system will probably stay the same, since the game is licensed to Gamescampus from nPluto, which means Gamescampus "apparently" doesn't have much power over changing the game. That's also the excuse they use when they don't ban hackers, because nPluto doesn't patch the game, so what's the point.

Our game is now full of Asians, Europeans, and Americans, so we have the largest player base among the different versions of DC, Korean and Japan and Thai. Although, those versions get all the new items before us, since nPluto probably hates us, and the language barrier as well.

The game is VERY much worth hacking, if only I knew how I could definitely make $10k a month on my own if I wanted too.
>>
>>982138
What kind of volume did you guys even manage? 50k for one person seems absurdly high... What was your job since you said you didn't participate in the technical aspect?
>>
what kind of hacking are we talking about here? an item duplication? this can be done by ddosing the servers and rolling them back.
>>
>>982152

effective ddosing needs a few thousand zombies, if you have a network for ddosing you don't need to scam game items
>>
>>982152

Yeah, the hackers actually do crash the server multiple times a month usually, but I never knew why.

And yes, item duplication, to duplicate the best parts, and sell them for $ later, is probably what I need to learn, as well as lagging my internet, but not too much, just enough to cause the bots in game to 'freeze' so I can kill them, instead of having them run, which takes 1-2 minutes. There used to be a hacker that released some hacks, but they're hard to find now, and most current hacks are kept only by a few, and I can't get them, because I don't have any trust built up with them. I don't even know who they are.
>>
>>982150
It really varied by the days.

Some days I would take it $5k worth of items (roughly 2500-3000 TF2 keys), but some days would only be a few hundred, and sometimes we just wouldn't do any trades.

Busy weeks would involve a lot of volume ($20k worth of keys being transferred, etc.) and those weeks would pretty much surely bring about some Valve bans on some of the accounts (which means guaranteed loss).

The people doing the actual stealing made a LOT more than 50k for sure. If I had to estimate, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple of them made a million net total in the couple of years we spent doing business together.

This is possible for them because phishing laws in Russia are really lax, and the whole cyber-crime aspect for video games is a grey-area in general.

With regards to my job, I would provide the Russians with keys the hour they obtained the items so they could quickly turn it to money within the day (eliminating any risk for them). I would then store the items in the safest way possible and flip them for discounted rates.
>>
>>982163
Kinda fucked... $1m off children's games...

I guess it makes sense though, kind of reasonable really.
>>
>>982169
Yeah it is pretty fucked heh.

They are all like around my age too (18-24), and seem like relatively intelligent individuals.

Pretty crazy to imagine how much a video game has changed their lives and lifestyles
>>
>>982173

Did Steam ever ban accounts associated with your IP?
>>
>>982176
Surprisingly not, but third party sites that I used to flip the items did several times and many investigations were launched against me to try to stop my large-scale distribution. I had to pseudo-social-engineer my way out of a few bans with those sites but never with Valve themselves.

I'm pretty sure Valve IP bans are pretty much solely reserved for item duplication and carding because those directly hurt Valve's pockets.
>>
>>982173
How did you even meet them tho, sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal making a ton without really much work...
>>
>>982183
During the height of the black market of TF2 (I think around 3.5 years ago), I happened to be pretty rich in the game and always kept a large amount of pure in my inventory. I had also gathered quite a lot of experience with TF2 trading in general because I started trading pretty early on and at a young age.

By chance, I met a few of the Russians and because I was able to consistently provide them with pure for a long time, I guess word of mouth got around and they referred me to more Russians with more volume over time.

I then pretty much just stuck with the same people and did the same things over time, never trying any stupid shit with them, and built up trust.

I was never in it to scam anyone or to get a quick come-up which I guess they liked, so it ended up becoming a long term thing for me.

Never actually met them IRL though, it was all done through Skype since Valve likely uses Steam messages as proof during investigations.
>>
>>982190
>>982183
>>982180
>>982176
>>982173
>>982169
>>982163

Alright so guys, any help with my post or nah D:

What to learn, which order, what will help the most

Someone said C# and winapi, how will that help, what are they?
>>
Bump please
>>
>hack company website exposing data
>tell them how vulnerable their website is and that you can fix it
>they call the cops
>you go to jail
>they hire another company to fix the problem

The day I took advice from /g/
>>
>>982131
Are you the idiot that came here saying he wanted to buy Drift City for <$50k off the multi million dollar company that owns it because it's "wildly profitable but the people running the business are retards"?

If you do find the motivation to learn how to hack the game, you won't make nearly as much money as you think, and you'll have to find a way to launder the money.

Finding out what language the game is coded in is probably the first step you need to take. It's probably smart to figure out how to hack Source engine games first since the source code is public and there's tons of guides on creating hacks. Once you understand how to program, reverse engineer software and create/use an injector then you can learn the language drift city is coded in and maybe make something happen.

This skill/hobby is rarely learned by someone just for the sake of finding profit. It's very complex and you need a special type of brain to create hacks. The people that do have that perfect mix of autism/angst/sadism just get to make some dirty money while they enjoy their hobby.

good luck
>>
>>982523
>>982054
I looked into the game a bit more and I guess you're in luck. The game is coded in C++ on a retail engine, which means it'll be much easier to hack. I'd still learn through the source engine (it's C++), but it's possible to skip that step.
>>
>>982536
>>982523

isn't C++ the hardest language to learn?

Also, yes I am the idiot, I tried to contact them, they did not reply, so now I'm just going to do the next best thing to profit, which is make money off of it haha.

Alright, so I found this forum, mpgh.com (multiplayer game hacking)

There are some good guides on there, but they recommend learning some other stuff like Visual Basic first before attempting C++, so I guess I'll just half to learn a 1 or 2 languages first before delving into C++, then I'll be more comfortable with it
>>
>>982546
OP, if you want, please send me an email at [email protected]
I have a few ideas I'd like to discuss with you about this venture. :)
>>
>>982054

study computer science. both at school, and at home via reading
>>
>>982549

what do you want to talk about?
>>
>>982551

I was thinking about this, do you think classes on penetration testing + hacking would be a good idea? Do employers like skills like that? I don't want to take it and then have an employer not hire me because of it :/
>>
>>982546
C++ is the hardest mainstream programming language to learn, but it's also the only one you'll ever be using. It's also not much harder than any other language. MPGH is more or less a meme site (like HackForums) where skilled hackers only sell their hacks so most help topics are made by the "if you can't do, teach" type. You might find a bit of useful guides there but if you google "source engine hacking" you'll find a much better forum for the topic.
>>982551
The intro to programming course at your school might be useful if you can't find motivation to learn the basics but majoring in computer science or taking niche classes is stupid.
>>
>>982552
Hacking the game and phishing accounts.
>>
>>982562

Do you know how to do this? Because I know exactly who to hack, and which people are hackers (taking from them,isn't a big deal in my books)
>>
>>982564
I used to write some hacks for maplestory a couple years back. I used C++ but have forget a good portion of it. Luckily I still have some connections with old hackers from a forum I used to frequent that are god tier at C++. In general I'm pretty familiar about hacking, just rusty on the coding side.

Is that enough information? lol
>>
>>982573

sec i need to make a throwaway email lol

do u have a skype or something lmao
>>
>>982577
Just email me man. I don't want to talk about this anymore on 4chan...
>>
>>982577
how they they injecting the code? do they have a bypass for hack shield? and are they using cheat engine? or doing a direct ingame injection with actual source code of the game?
>>
>>982586

[email protected]
>>
>>982587

I think they have the actual code, but from an OLD version of the game, around 2008/2009

But they also have a bypass for GameGuard I believe, according to rumours

They can also access any players in-game account just with the persons in-game name, so they don't even need your username or password, basically they can hack anyone they see.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.