[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it possible to find a 2-3 days a week job? I value my time
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1447957008032.jpg (78 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
1447957008032.jpg
78 KB, 444x460
Is it possible to find a 2-3 days a week job? I value my time much more than money but do these jobs even exist above minimum wage (excluding the obivous "start your own company" stuff)?
>>
>>980654

yeah it's called part time

I'm a part time software engineer.

I work 20 hours a week.
>>
Just start your own company. Learn how to use a buffer and wax floors for churches or other small businesses once a week or month. Learn how to stain floors and refinish hardwood floors for people, or learn how to install them. Learn how to do taxes and offer tax filing for people. Businesses usually file quarterly so you can always find some small business to work for. Build or upholster high end furniture and sell to brokers that deal with rich people.
>>
Are you good looking? I work at a night club as a bartender and only work 11-3am Friday and Saturday and make about 40k annually due to tips. I could find a second job during the week if I wanted.
>>
File: 1432078657835.jpg (93 KB, 310x440) Image search: [Google]
1432078657835.jpg
93 KB, 310x440
>>980654
I work 4 days a week (10 hours a day) , 3 days a week of.
>>
>>980654
I'm in the same boat as you OP. I do 30-35 hours a week, 5 days a week and I fucking hate it. I earn good money as far as retail goes (Aldi), but I'm not going to be grateful for being thrown a few scraps. Working weekends, having days off at opposite ends of the week, sitting on the till until my arse goes numb, running around doing stupid odd jobs that the manger can't be bothered to do, dealing with idiotic and decrepit customers. Fuck that
>>980660
This stuff is interesting. I remember posting about my idea for a car valeting service and I got similar advice. Do you do this kind of thing yourself successfully?
>>
>>980663
Is bartending fun? I know some guys that have well paying jobs but pick up second jobs bartending to socialize and pick up girls.

>>980667
No but my Uncle does. He's your typical blue collar handy man. He mostly does house painting (painted the Governor's house), landscaping, installing/refinishing hardwood floors, etc. Most of his business comes from word of mouth. He invests his money into houses. Has 4 rental properties. He works hard though. He doesn't only work 2-3 days a week.
>>
>>980670
>He works hard though. He doesn't only work 2-3 days a week.

Yeah, I'm not so naive as to think that working for yourself is easy money. It's the freedom to work whenever you like that appeals to me. It's then my decision and my responsibility whether having a day off or a holiday is worth losing money, not the company I work for.
>>
>>980684

With the rise of minimum wage, that will no longer be possible soon. Small businesses couldn't afford the employees and the entire country would be forced into wage slavery for the big corporations. Just what the goys want.
>>
I work 7-on 7-off, which is pretty bitchin'
>>
>>980716
what job?
>>
>>980654

I have the same question. I am about to enter the market and expect to make $100 - 120K. I also value my time and would love to work 20-25 hours per week and make $50 - 60K instead. Not sure if it's possible... Feelsbadman.
>>
>>980734
professional dick sucker.
>>
>>980783
yeah

the thing is not getting a decent/good paying job, it's finding the place that will let you only work a little every week, possibly having to hire a second employee, while keeping the same pay/h.
>>
>>980783
>I am about to enter the market and expect to make $100 - 120K.
yea good luck with that
>>980654
it's possible in consulting and sales. but don't expect to get either of those jobs unless you got good experience
>>
>>980654
I work the weekend shift at a fulfillment center for an online retailer. The hours are Fri, Sat, Sun 6am-6pm.

You could find a job with a 2-2-3 schedule. That's 2 on, 2 off, 3 on, 2 off, 2 on, 3 off. That's like having lots of extra weekends and you never work more than 3 days in a row.
>>
File: 4355.jpg (138 KB, 716x689) Image search: [Google]
4355.jpg
138 KB, 716x689
>>980654
>>
Not in the USA, OP, but Switzerland had part time work that is literally a part time regular job. If a job offers 100k per year you can negotiate a 3 day work week for 60k per year. The USA doesn't offer this because go fuck yourself.
>>
>>980654
WHAT THE FUCK IS HAPPENING TO BABY GOAT!
D:
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.