[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Antidepressant use for getting work done.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: Antidepressants.jpg (294 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Antidepressants.jpg
294 KB, 2000x1000
Any /biz/nessmen with experience using them or adderall? I think I might have depression, but (reasonably, though long story) don't trust therapists/psychiatrists so I've never gotten any counsel beyond two initial concerns of having dysthymia.

I'm going back to uni and cannot talk to the counseling services there, so I need to self-medicate. I just want to be driven again, to be honest.
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (2 MB, 1759x1592) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
2 MB, 1759x1592
I work hard.
I self-medicate.
I am happy.
>>
>>979829
Adderall won't treat depression.

I have depression. I tried antidepressants (an SSRI, specifically) very briefly. It worked. However I felt like a different person. I didn't want to take a pill and be someone I'm not.

Learn natural ways to cope with depression. Stay busy. Find a hobby. Do things that make you happy. Idle hands are the devil's workshop.
>>
File: 1448596466891.jpg (29 KB, 425x638) Image search: [Google]
1448596466891.jpg
29 KB, 425x638
>>979872
Drugs are for faggots, especially marijuana. Aka the gateway drug to homosexuality
>>
>>979872
I could get weed in 5 minutes but don't particularly want to smoke.

>>979874
I try, man, I just can't stay driven for the life of me anymore.
>>
>>979894
best thing ever.
tasty too
http://imgur.com/a/q7ACQ
>>
Stims won't change your life. Try psys
>>
>>979829
Adderall and buspar will get you nearly any situation, especially people to people situations
>>
>>979829
Anti-depressants are the long game. Stimulants are the short game.

By that I mean it can take weeks, if not months, to meet full efficacy for ADs. ADs are almost more of a (licit) lifestyle drug. They're never typically used prn (as needed), but instead are taken habitually until the depression resolves typically through therapy, unless its purely chemical and treatment-resistant ala the kind that doesn't even respond to opiates. That's when you know you're sick.

Stimulants work the first-time you take them. Some stimulants are indicated for depression, while others are not. The reality is that they all are stimulating by nature and give a 'lift.' Ritalin comes to mind as its both indicated for (treatment-resistant) depression and ADHD.

All things considered why are you afraid of therapy? Therapy has done me a lot of good.
>>
>>979913
Haha, thanks.
>>979945
>>979954
>>979956
Gotcha.
I was a minor the last time I considered counseling/therapy (in Uni as a freshman) and got all sorts of fucked over by the therapists there.
>>
>>979967
How so?

A lot of therapists/counselors do suck at what they do.
>>
>>979992
They said hopelessness was a red flag for possible suicide cases. After that, there was nothing I could say that'd make them change their minds, so they called my parents giving them this whole "Your son's life is at risk" schtick and got the OK from them to commit me out of state without even letting me talk to them.

I got out in like a day but I had to bullshit three consecutive psychologists about being even slightly depressed just to get out and try to get my scholarship reinstated.

I don't want to be involved with professional help now.
>>
>>979996
Oh Jesus, is the mental health care that insane in the UK? Did you mention suicide? You were sectioned?
>>
>>979997
US, as a minor my consent was irrelevant.
I discussed it with them when they told me hopelessness was a sign of it, but I told them I didn't wish to do it, either.
>>
>>979997

That and speaking now from experience, institutions do fuck all to help you even if there's something actually wrong with you.

I met people that had been there for months over vague or minor things, and of all the things you do from the day to day: Go to school (I was a minor and had to sit through class with the juveniles, which is essentially middle school class to cover as many ages as possible), spend 30 minutes outside, eat your 3 dailies, and sit in your room for the remainder of the day unless you earned time to sit and watch G movies in this other room, they don't do shit for actual therapy. It's like you just sort of send people there to forget about them. Couldn't even read, write, or draw outside of the classroom; hell, you couldn't even have a writing utensil outside of the classroom.

Fraternization between residents was highly discouraged by the staff for some reason.

They also did some prison-esque shit like having receptions be on one side of the facility and loading you up in a van (After some pretty embarrassing strip searching but whatever) so you couldn't tell what direction you were going to get to the actual resident area. Tbqh I would've planned a breakout if I couldn't talk my way out of the place.
>>
>>980007
That's fucked. I can see why you would distrust therapy very seriously.

>>980009
I've been hospitalized myself, somewhat against my will. I'll type a longer response shortly.
>>
>>980009
That's pretty horrendous and frankly very dehumanizing. My experience was unpleasant, but nothing like that. Good Lord.

I understand your misgivings. The mental healthcare system is a sham in most every country. Compassion is in short supply and like you say it's pretty discriminatory and stigmatizing for even having the slightest problems ala dysthmia, which is pretty mild chronic depression really. Yikes
>>
>>980034
Yeah, it's shitty. I'm returning to school though, and for obvious reasons don't want to bother try to vent my feelings to any counselors there, haha.
>>
Ive been smoking weed every day for the past 6 years. I'm fine :)
Good luck viel Glück bonne chance
>>
>>980087
Thanks Anon
>>
Don't use adderall if you are depressed, it will deplete all your serotonin.
Source: Chronically depressed anon thats prescribed adderall.

Try drinking some Yerba mate or green tea instead. Hang in there anon, I love you.
>>
>>979829
Adderall is an amphetamine. Psychiatrists generally hate it. Mine won't prescribe it.
>>
Oh another person with mental issues who doesn't trust any mental health professional
>>
>>980180
Wasn't always the case; see >>979996
>>980009

>>980104
Thanks Anon.
>>
Is there even much if a market for antidepressants? I mean the sort that's taken regularly.
>>
>>980104
Green tea has too much fluoride! You'll have to get a big bag of yerba mate or organic white tea.
Adderall is way too addictive and will make you a fucking nut job. I would know ive used abused it before :/ If you really want to take adderall then make sure its only a small amount during the morning. You would be better off getting a wide variety of marijuana. Some pot strains can actually give you a ton of energy and completely obliterate depression.
>>
>>980878
I feel like it'll be difficult obtaining a large amount of weed.
>>
A very clean diet and a couple weeks of working out might work. I'd attempt that before drugs.
>>
>>981068
Gotcha.
>>
>>980878
>Adderall is way too addictive and will make you a fucking nut job. I would know ive used abused it before

It's not that bad. Just use it to cram for exams and push yourself into a more productive "mood". Just take it mindfully and it's great.
>>
>>981147
Now define mindfully because there's a shitload of stuff I want to get done/catch up on and if it was even mildly successful the first time I'd probably abuse it.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.