[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what price would you opine that one should definitely buy oil?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: oil barrel-saidaonline.jpg (11 KB, 417x333) Image search: [Google]
oil barrel-saidaonline.jpg
11 KB, 417x333
At what price would you opine that one should definitely buy oil?
>>
>>978838

now
>>
Yea right now. There almost no risk. I'd be buying it all winter.
>>
>>978838
bump
>>
>>978838
Right now.
>>
I used to love buying and shorting oil CFD.

made a pretty penny when it was up and down like a roller coaster and now I lose on every bet
>>
Yesterday
>>
>>978839
>>978877
>>978930
>>979184
So, you don't see oil dropping to $12?
>>
>>978838
Could go lower before it gets better, but bottom is somewhere around here.

"gets better" is also a relative term. Could be 2019 before it hits 100 again, and it might fluctuate around 60-70 until then.

That said, plenty of nice oil stocks look great right now. buy in 1/12th increments, once a week for the next 3 months
>>
>>979247

How the fuck would oil go to $12? It isn't 1998 anymore, and even in 1998 it was an anomaly on historical prices.

Buy into the $30 range, and the $20s if it ever gets there. Low cost titans of the industry would be the best bet to weather the storm.
>>
>>979277
$12 would be pretty easy. Demographic collapse plus tech shift away from oil and you might as well be selling whale oil. Going the same way as King Coal and that was really the fuel that powered the Industrial Rev.

'These guys say $12 by 2019. Its going to be an interesting couple of years....

http://www.thehillsgroup.org/depletion2_022.htm
>>
I would only invest in large established companies, the smaller companies are prone to bankruptcy, plus it seems like society is becoming serious with the "green" energy meme and the large oil companies have the money to switch over.

Oil isn't really that profitable anymore, the industry is experiencing diminishing returns.
>>
Oil is not going to 12 dollars your all smoking crack. For every 1 unit of food energy it takes 10 units of oil energy to produce and transport that food and that absolutely will not change for decades yet. There are things called tractors and trucks that take oil and have already been manufactured. We're going to use motors for decades still no matter what. We already have the roads and vehicles.. More people are driving everyday look at China and India. More people need to eat everyday and too.. The population boom was only allowed because of oil and the mass production of grains. Oil is the blood, soul, and flesh of modern agriculture. Oil is the entire basis of our modern civilization and the only reason its cheep right now is because the Saudis are trying to undermine the Russian economy, its winter when prices are naturally lower, and the dollar is strong right now. All 3 of thos things could change come spring so I stick to my original comment telling people to buy all winter.
It's a no brainier investment, especially if it goes even lower. No risk/ big reward ill bite.
>>
>>979273
>Could be 2019 before it hits 100 again

Most definitely very likely to happen.
>>
>>979467
How do we see the price of oil per barrel?
>>
>>979291
>the coal is dead meme
What do you suggest to replace oil? Should we have huge LNG freezers in our cars that explode on impact? Hating fossil fuels is a meme that will die when Obama goes bye bye
>>
>>979479
Bloomberg App is a good one to see all markets
>>
File: 1447572378757.jpg (34 KB, 960x498) Image search: [Google]
1447572378757.jpg
34 KB, 960x498
It looks like now isn't the time to buy safe oil after all. The major stocks aren't even diminished in price because so many people are buying them for free money. Look at CVX, XOM, TOT.

Does anyone know an undervalued oil stock with a low chance of bankruptcy? It seems like all the decent ones already have the eventual recovery priced in.
>>
What should a noob buy to hold onto for a few years and sell for a profit, or are there so called blue chip oil?
>>
what about uso?
>>
File: Danica Patrick.jpg (62 KB, 358x400) Image search: [Google]
Danica Patrick.jpg
62 KB, 358x400
>>979492
>huge LNG freezers in our cars
>Not using CNG for personal vehicles.
>>
>>979570
Been putting about 200 a month in USO since it dropped below 20
>>
File: 131159026_Rich_426174c.jpg (37 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
131159026_Rich_426174c.jpg
37 KB, 620x413
>>979277
I was there dumbass. It dropped like a fucking rock. Yamani made a speech at Oxford in November '85 saying they wanted to increase sales because NOPEC was producing a shitload of oil and selling it to former Saudi markets. Market fell 75% in 6 months. They did it via NET-BACK pricing to refiners. In other words, they said, "Sell your refined products for what the market will pay, deduct your refining costs and send the remaining money to Saudi Arabia. The refiners started selling as fast as they could and I saw WTI have a $9 handle. Your buddy Andy Hall was trading his own book via Petroder in Houston and went long at $14. Got out of that loser at around $11 or $12 as I recall. This is just like 1985/1986. Saudis are mad a shale oil producers and will probably institute net-back pricing to kill the shale producers and allow the hedge fund and majors to buy their production and leases for pennies on the dollar.
>>
>>979438
>Oil is not going to 12 dollars your all smoking crack.
>>
File: CNG Pune.jpg (256 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
CNG Pune.jpg
256 KB, 1280x960
>>979579
>huge CNG tanks in our cars
>that still explode on impact
>(pic very related)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.