[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Canadian University/College General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24
File: canakek uni col general.jpg (1 MB, 4560x3250) Image search: [Google]
canakek uni col general.jpg
1 MB, 4560x3250
What uni or col do you go to, what program are you in, etc. We can talk and ask each other stuffs. Wonder how many Canadian anons are on this board, l m f a o.

>Age
>Which University or College
>What Program (BA/BSc + Program name)
>Do you like it
>What job do you hope to get out of it

>20
>Queens University
>Bachelor of Commerce + Juris Doctor [BCom + JD] 6 Year Dual Degree program
>I love it
>Consultant [Management]
>>
>Canadian University/College General
This seems like a rather specific topic, I dunno if you're gonna get more than, like, 2 replies
>>
>>977188

I bet you I get more than 2 (relevant) replies
>>
>>977185
>>Age
>>Which University or College
NEET not sure where to go
>>What Program (BA/BSc + Program name)
thinking compsci or accounting/finance
>>Do you like it
i hope so
>>What job do you hope to get out of it
enough to scrounge up a bunch of dough then start business and smoke blunts all day
>>
>>977190
feels bad senpai smdh

>tfw people are done half their undergrad before you even got started

Should i just end it tbqh?
>>
>>977191

I'm only done 1/3 of my undergrad desu senpai its ok don't end it, you can do it I berieve in you

But, you better go to a top-tier university, or you can just end it tbqh
>>
>>977193
>But, you better go to a top-tier university

i was considering Memeier BBA. Seems not half bad for a few reasons i wrote in other thread
>>
>>977195

Laurier is the only respectable BBA, that one?
>>
File: memein stats ib.png (179 KB, 991x961) Image search: [Google]
memein stats ib.png
179 KB, 991x961
>>977201
>Laurier is the only respectable BBA, that one?

Yep, because of pic related and
1) More scholorships, lots of free dough(cheaper tuition by a lot than Ivey or Queen's Commerce)

2) Has much better co-op than any other biz school, let alone ivey, schulich or Queens which don't have it at all. Much better for money(graduate with little to no debt) AND like a year of experience which makes up for any prestige loss compared to other schools

3) Is actually not that bad, at least by linkedin stats for IB it's tied with McGill and above Ivey/Schulich, which is very surprising
>>
>>977206

Very cool, I always thought Laurier was below Queens / Western, but that it was #3. Nice, so it's tied with McGill, interesting.

Well, if you are going there, then all the best to you mate, 3 of my friends are in that BBA program, and they love it. Also, the women at Laurier, oh my.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=II5KZiuhW3c
>>
>>977206

Queens is way better though ;)

Just saying desu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1dYC7IRW54

Our girls are sluts, and they're rich!
>>
>>977208
>Well, if you are going there, then all the best to you mate, 3 of my friends are in that BBA program, and they love it.

Cool, I'm not sure if i'm going there yet(I've still yet to apply or anything) but I'm considering it.

The breaking deal compared to Queen's or something(which I wouldn't get into anyway) is that it actually has co-op and doesn't have ridiculous tuition. Kind of a lot better to graduate with 1 year of experience or whatever and no debt than with like $80k debt and an arguably more prestigious degree imo.

It's kind of a shame too because I've always heard people talking shit about it and everyone think it's garbage but it really seems underrated and not half bad tbqh.
>>
>>977212
>Our girls are sluts, and they're rich!

it's not like ill be getting laid senpai

smdh. Any advice on a decent uni for compsci btw?

I was considering doing compsci but I feel as though it's a bad idea unless you go to Waterloo(which i can't). Might as well just keep it as a hobby for now and study something else
>>
>>977214

I do my work experience during the Summer time, it's not baked into the program sure, but we have this Career Centre for Commerce students only, and they get basically 80% of students jobs for the Summer, and most go to the best places in Canada. I did my first internship at Deloitte in Summer 2015, I was part of their (very prestigious) Global Intern Program, one of the few from Canada that made it, I was in Germany for the entire Summer term, and earned a great salary + many great experiences since they setup a tour of the country and different districts for a few of us who went there. I didn't do much except mainly paperwork, and meeting with clients before my boss walked in, and just shadowed my boss most of the time, and listened in on meetings for companies we were consulting for and with.

http://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/careers/articles/gip.html

I also thought the co op thing would be a problem, but it's really not, you can get a job anywhere, and it's all on your own, not with the co op help. You're basically applying for a short term employment opportunity instead of having one 'given' to you like in Laurier / Waterloo, so it's not as restrictive, and you can work anywhere you want.

But, other than that, Laurier BBA is a great program, I was considering it as my second choice if I never got into Queens. My third would have been Western.
>>
>>977214
>>977221

For Summer 2016, I've already got an internship offer from RBC, but I'm waiting to see if TD offers me anything by January 2016, if not, I'll take RBC, but I'd prefer TD.

But yeah, no matter where you go, as long as you're networked well, you should be fine I guess. Going to a top-tier school will definitely help getting jobs though.
>>
>>977221
Ah nice.

Yeah Memeier really does not seem half bad. At first i was thinking what kind of no-name cukk school is this tbqh

I kind of want to do compsci or software engineering tho, is it worth or better to keep as hobby and study something else?
>>
>>977227

I don't think CS is useful as an undergrad, but that's just me, my reason being is, you can learn CS on the side, spending like a few hours a day on Coursera, and that TreeHouse one, and then just reading books, and you should eventually get to a point where you can do most things a CS student can do. After that, if you really have a passion for it, you can self-study even more and become better. But let's say you go into CS and you hate it, people will tell you that the first year is the boring part, and then after first year they'll say second year is boring, and then you'll basically be halfway done, and hating what you're doing.

That's why I didn't go into CS, because I like Finance / Management much more, but I'm self-studying CS on the side, because my program has some CS courses, and I have the option of taking some more in elective courses, as well as my own free time. (You have a lot of free time in Kingston, everything is pretty slow-paced, compared to Toronto).

But I mean, no one can tell you which is better, you just have to decide, do something and learn CS which can be learned by 5 year olds, or learn CS, and then learn nothing else?
>>
It seriously does not matter which university you go to. There's no such thing as university "prestige" in Canada, the only downside for going to a less prestigious university is that they might not have good co-op programs in the middle of nowhere, Ontario.

And for fucks sakes, if you're going to get a degree don't get a generic degree like "business administration". Get a STEM degree or accounting/finance with intentions to get advanced designations or don't even bother going. If you want to be a businessman, you don't need a degree. Just get out there and do business.
>>
>>977229
>you can learn CS on the side, spending like a few hours a day on Coursera, and that TreeHouse one

Not really, there's a big difference between programming and computer science, learning a meme language like Python is easy but actually going depth into computer science and learning C++ is a lot harder.

I was just more wondering if it makes sense to do if you're not going to go to Waterloo. If i could get in UW I'd do it without a thought but they don't take degenerates as far as i know

>>977230
>There's no such thing as university "prestige" in Canada, the only downside for going to a less prestigious university is that they might not have good co-op programs

Yeah I've heard that before and thought about it, there really isn't too many top tier universities in Canada. Even the top ones only give a slight chance to get to Wallstreet if you're studying finance(according to Wallstreetoasis and others at least).
>>
>Age
>Which University
Concordia University
>What program
Trying to get into IS
>>
>>977242
Damn senpai that's p old
>>
>>977185
>>Age
NEET in the Toronto area, Really being pressured to do something now
Honestly don't know, did AP maths and sciences in high school but engineering isnt palatable from first hand accounts from old classmates
>>Do you like it, What job do you hope to get out of it
I dont even know anymore
Send help
>>
>>977262
I know. Well in my Cal 1 class, there's a guy who's 27. In Intro to biblical studies, theres' 2 men in their 30s-40s and a man in his 50s-60s,
>>
>>977274
NIGGA YOU ARE LITERALLY THE SAME AS ME

MY BROTHER HELLO
>TFW all you've done for 2 years after hs was shitpost on /pol/ and other boards, masturbate 2+ times a day, play WoW and nothing else

I've accomplished nothing in years, I gave up on life desu.

>>977276
>biblical studies
>>
>>977277
>TFW all you've done for 2 years after hs was shitpost on /pol/ and other boards, masturbate 2+ times a day, play WoW and nothing else
Yep, just replace /pol/ with /r9k/ and WoW with the Binding of Isaac and that's me

Honestly, because Im so scared of moving out, my only available options are to commute to either York or UofT, and Im sure my marks are well enough to get me in to any modest program
>>
>>977277
Well needed to do a complementary so I chose intro to biblical studies. Pretty chill tbqh fham.
>>
>>977279
O.

I kind of want to move out, tired of being a manchild loser living with parents tbqh.

I can't decide what to study though, everything has so many pros and cons... I haven't play videogames in at least 4 months now so I'm making pretty good progress I think
>>
damn this thread died smfh
>>
>>977779

yes, yes it did, i wonder why, baka, biz hates us Canadians, i guess they have a right too, because pol hates us too

fuck you trudeau
>>
>>977790
I've made several threads ridiculing Canada on /pol/ :^)

>Tfw literally ashamed to be Canadian
OUR FAGGOT PRIME MINISTER IS GIVING AWAY ALL OUR MONEY
>>
>>977793

he has spent $5 billion on other countries

and $0 on Canada
>>
File: 1448596523204.jpg (9 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1448596523204.jpg
9 KB, 250x250
>>977799
He just spent $15million on helping Africans find non-existent jobs.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2015/11/28/trudeau-pledges-15m-to-train-youth-in-8-african-countries.html

I mean $15million isn't all that much for a government but for Africans to find jobs... Really? They have no infrastructure, they have no jobs and they're dying en masse lol.

Oh well what could you expect from Justin "two joints' Trudeau
>>
>>977284
Just do the prerequisite for the program you want to get in
>>
File: whiteman.jpg (145 KB, 462x600) Image search: [Google]
whiteman.jpg
145 KB, 462x600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJbJIGL5I-E

Fucking Canada.

Pic related is literally Canada, watch video senpaitachi
>>
File: whiteman in canada.jpg (213 KB, 462x600) Image search: [Google]
whiteman in canada.jpg
213 KB, 462x600
>>977847
>tfw this is the reality in Canada

feels bad senpai.
>>
Trudeau takes pictures with "real" Canadians
>>
>>977930
What the fuck is WFU?
>>
dead ass thread desu
>>
>>977185
Recent grad, but still...

Carleton U.
B.Eng with a specialization in renewable energy
Yes
Engineer (not all that common it turns out)
>>
>>978154

Bro how did you like Carleton?
>>
>>978154
>>978157
Any school named after a effeminate nigger from Fresh Prince of Belair can't be a good school.
>>
s m f h
>>
bump..........
>>
>>977185
>Age
Queens
Commerce
>Do you like it
its okay
n/a

hello op, fellow queensfaggot here
>>
>>978371
Why is there so many Queen's c(_)cks on /biz/? There's at least 5 of you unless some of you are the same person posting in other threads(which you probably are)
>>
>first poster from UBC

Feels good to be from the best coast

>Beautiful landscape
>Winter doesn't try to kill you
What's not to like?
>>
>>978381
baka let me come live there senpai. pls

But not in shitty Vancouver, I want to live in Burnaby.
>>
File: china_flag.jpg (169 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
china_flag.jpg
169 KB, 1280x1024
>>978383
Not a bad choice, that's basically the last good area you can invest in a decently-sized house/basement suite and still be close to city life.
>>
File: 1447612737985.jpg (88 KB, 718x838) Image search: [Google]
1447612737985.jpg
88 KB, 718x838
>>978386
Is that the flag of Hongcouver?

Tbqh I might reach Burnaby or Langley tbqh. It seems hella chill and cozy there. Tired of shitty fucking Ontario and 6 trillion shitskins and gooks of all shapes and sizes
>>
>>978392
Vancouver is a boring, no-fun city unless you are rich. You don't need to be wealthy, but it's an expensive place.

There are roughly 7 trillion minorities out here, until you hit Vancouver Island, then suddenly it's whiter than prairie snow.
>>
File: yl0cORaZRmW2_QCdm7gtjw.jpg (69 KB, 785x560) Image search: [Google]
yl0cORaZRmW2_QCdm7gtjw.jpg
69 KB, 785x560
>>977185

>22
>Bocconi University
>Bachelor in International Economics and Finance
>The first day I loved it, now (7 months to graduation) is more like: "meh" (I just want to finish it to start a business
>Entrepreneur
>>
>>978409
Where is the place to live if I want to enjoy the accessibility of Vancouver but also not live in Bei Jing or next to degenerate sexual deviants?

Burnaby? That's what seems to be the consensus here.
>>
>>978424
>accessibility of Vancouver
>not near minorities or sexual deviants

Pick one, lad. You're on the West Coast.
>>
>>978609
>>978609
Where 2 live then pham?
>>
I've never been more proud of this country. We are dedicated to showing the world that we are a welcoming, inclusive nation of open minded, loving people, who are committed to climate change. The truth is these refugees are a net benefit to our society -- literally every expert had been saying this on CBC. Syrian refugees are less likely to commit terrorism than our own home grown Muslims. That goes to show, even in 2015, we have a long way to go to make this group feel more welcome.

Canada is choosing to make a bold statement as our neighbors to the south bicker over a measly 10k refugees. Please America, let us take them for you since you're obviously too bigoted to show any compassion. They will become Canadians. And they will be treated like Canadians. After all, in the words of the newly christened prime minister Justin Trudeau "a Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian. Sunny ways friends, sunny ways".
>>
>25
>Queen's
>J.D.
>Have enjoyed it for the most part
>Already gots a job feelsgoodman.jpg
>>
File: City.jpg (120 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
City.jpg
120 KB, 500x750
>Age
19 almost 20.
Carleton University,Ottawa.
Bachelor of Commerce w concentration in Information Systems.
>Do you like it
3rd year we really specialize, first 2 are just to weed out the retards which I like.
IT consultant, implement technologies in workplaces.
>>
File: FAGGOT CUCK PATROL.jpg (2 MB, 2340x1570) Image search: [Google]
FAGGOT CUCK PATROL.jpg
2 MB, 2340x1570
>>979039
>>979043
WEEEEOW WWEEEOWWWWW

CUKOLD PATROL, YOU'RE UNDER ARREST FOR BEING TOO MUCH OF A CUK. YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT AND TO SUCK THE REFUGEE CREAMPIE OUT OF YOUR GIRLFRIEND
>>
>>977185
It don't matter. None of this matters. Any school is good enough school for CDA.

That said: mid 20s, UT Law, yes, and lawyer or consultant.
>>
>>979048

Wasn't aware law was kek degree/profession in Canada.

It's going to be long hours and hard work I guess, but if you enjoy challenge then I don't really get ur point
>>
>>977206
you shitposted on the canadian thread too. Fuck off with your Laurier meme degree. half this thread is you
>>977212
this is my second top reasons I want to go to QC

For those of you that did get into QC, what were your hs average and what ECs did you have?
>>
>>979187
>It's going to be long hours and hard work I guess, but if you enjoy challenge then I don't really get ur point

Tons of work, significant debt, many are unemployed or getting paid a pitiful amount. Not really worth it, the law bubble burst years ago
>>
File: 1448596466891.jpg (29 KB, 425x638) Image search: [Google]
1448596466891.jpg
29 KB, 425x638
>>979214
>you shitposted on the canadian thread too. Fuck off with your Laurier meme degree. half this thread is you

But it's not shitposting, it's analytically comparing the options instead of just saying "Muh better school muh better school".

You have no argument against it except for it "it's a meme degree because it's not the school i decided in my head is best/am going to be attending".
>>
>20
>mcgill 3rd year
>Bcom accounting major finance concentration (basically a minor)
>do i like it?
pros: cheap tuition (less than 9 grand a year, includes a bunch of opt outable things like dental insurance and stuff too), cheap rent (629 a month for an apt in a high rise across the street from campus, amazing view), almost all big companies recruit out of mcgill, alumni all over the world, TONS of extra curricular activities / leadership positions to pad your resume, huge drinking and partying culture, can buy alcohol at 18 legally but realistically can get it earlier as long as you aren't baby faced (ive never gotten carded)

cons: because mcgill applications are based solely on grades, applicants have a tendency not to be very well rounded. a lot of students have trouble handling a few leadership positions in clubs while achieving high academic performance at the same time. students tend to "bite off more than they can chew". there is a huge number of people that can't speak english very good, not sure how they passed the test to get in, exchange students tell us that McGill is much more academically demanding than their own universities, tons of group work means that you have to rely on incompetent people to determine your GPA. forced bell curve to maintain class averages at around a 65 to 74.99, translating to a B- to B+ range or 2.70 to 3.30/4.00.

a lot of the students aren't focused on GPA (and if they are, I feel sad for them because their GPA is shit lol), and bank on the fact that good EC's and networking will get them good jobs. A high GPA at McGill really makes you stand out, but it isn't strong enough to land you interviews. I think the ideal student would be around a 3.7 (80% average) with strong ECs. If you're looking to get into grad school (Master in finance or GCPA etc) might be a bit tough with the forced bell curve

what job do i want? hoping for a big 4 job else i'm working in big oil in alberta with my rich daddy :^)
>>
>>979240
>hoping for a big 4 job else i'm working in big oil in alberta with my rich daddy

Am I the only Canadian on this board who's parents aren't rich and needs to depend entirely on own money/OSAP?

Smfh... Almost every Canadaposter here that I've seen was pretty loaded and well-off
>>
>>979216
You are basing your entire arguement based on one stat on LINKEDIN. In which its below queens.

also,
http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoolrankings/global-mba-ranking-2015
http://www.economist.com/whichmba/full-time-mba-ranking?year=2015&term_node_tid_depth=77632
http://www.topmba.com/mba-rankings/region/us-canada/2015#sorting=rank+custom=478983+order=desc+search=
http://www.canadianbusiness.com/lists-and-rankings/best-mba-programs/2016-reputation-ranking/image/10/

Not one even mention Laurier.
>inb4 were talking about undergrad
Plus if you want to be anything more than an analyst (bottom of the hierarchy) in Investment Banking, you need an MBA. enjoy your 90 hours of work making 75k. people with MBA only stay an analyst for tops 2 years and move on to associate, senior and vice
>inb4 muh poor
queens is ranked 1st in the return on investment ranking. Sure you'll be in debt but you'll be paying it back in no time.
https://smith.queensu.ca/magazine/winter-2015/news/queen%E2%80%99s-mba-ranked-top-canada-canadian-business

muh school is better, cunt nugget. not saying it because it isnt true.(Schulich, Ivey and Rotman are pretty good too tbqh)
>>
File: 1448512764924.jpg (158 KB, 614x978) Image search: [Google]
1448512764924.jpg
158 KB, 614x978
>>979254
>You are basing your entire arguement based on one stat on LINKEDIN. In which its below queens

>Ignoring the rest of my post

I mentioned co-op experience, the differences in debt upon graduation AND mentioned that it's not an entirely shit-tier school for Business. You only seemed to notice the last part.

And yes we were talking about Undergrad you complete fucking retard. Did I ever mention MBA? ... It was clearly implied.

>Plus if you want to be anything more than an analyst (bottom of the hierarchy) in Investment Banking, you need an MBA

OK? I can go to any more prestigious school for my MBA. Undergrad is widely considered to be irrelevant as long as it's accredited and not shit-tier and only MBA that significantly matters what school you attended.

Most people go to a State school for their undergrad and then go to Ivy Leagues like Harvard for MBA, instead of going to both for undergrad and MBA like a retarded pleb spending 3x as much money.

Yes it's top-rated but the difference between the top 3 or 4 isn't as much as you think. They're all good schools that give you a good chance at working in IB if you work hard.

Also I said that CO-OP MAKES UP FOR ANY DIFFERENCE IN PRESTIGE, SINCE YOU'LL HAVE A DECENT DEGREE + 1 YEAR EXP MINIMUM. Are you this retarded or something? Stop trying, Queen's recruiter/faggot who thinks sucking their cock will get them to accept you.

>Mfw you don't get accepted and you have to go to one of those "Shit-tier schools" and kill yourself
>>
>>977185

>19
>university of Waterloo
>math/accounting
>finance/management consulting
>>
>>979279
shaking my headfam.

i want to go to memeloo for software engi but marks too shit
>>
File: 1448916160741.jpg (276 KB, 666x618) Image search: [Google]
1448916160741.jpg
276 KB, 666x618
>>979254
>>979262
What's wrong? Fucking retarded highschooler Queen's-hopeful BTFO too hard?
>>
>>979262
>>979316
so happy theres actually a suppplemntary program so fags like you wont get in.
>>
>>979318
>Gets rekt this hard so he can't keep arguing

Your entire argument was "Muh MBA is ranked higher" when I wasn't even talking about it.

You got completely proven wrong and btfo. You know I can go to Queen's or whatever school for MBA later, right?
>>
>>979327
If you listen to yourself, you are literally arguing for Laurier and saying that their one-year co-op is better than the "prestigious" programs that come in at the top at the international level. This is what you are trying to convince people to believe. Even at the undergrad level, Laurier is dirt compared to Queens, Rotman, Schulich and Ivey.

oh and I got my early admission already faggot.
>>
>>979366
correction, Ivey got no undergrad. My bad
>>
>>979366
>Laurier is dirt compared to Queens, Rotman, Schulich and Ivey

Why is it dirt if it's better than them all except for Queens in IB on LinkedIn? Your entire argument... if you could even call it that is that "Laurier is bad because it's bad", the only way you've tried to "prove it" is by showing MBA rankings.

I didn't think the one year co-op is the only reason it's better, I'm quite frankly surprised you had high enough marks for early acceptance with your piss-poor reading comprehension. I've said numerous times that the lack of debt you come out from the program nearly guaranteed with is a big plus and just about being guaranteed a year of relevant experience is really helpful looking for a job, much more than whatever minuscule perceived prestige having Queen's on your resume would get you.

I mean if your parents are paying for it all then it makes sense but if you actually need to take out OSAP loans and a line of credit to pay for a marginally better program then ok...
>>
>>979254
>ANALYST
>MBA
KOLOLOLOLO YOU FUCKING UNDERAGE RETARDS FUCK OFF
>>
>>979425
Tbh I think he thought you had to go to the same school you did your undergrad for your MBA.

That's probably the only reason he brought it up and that was his entire reasoning why it's better.
>>
>>979243
no there are lots of poor kids like you
For the record, tons of students come from upper middle class families that have parents working in high up positions. If you aren't from a family like that, best become friends with people that are.

I've been referred to one of the Big 4 NYC recruiters just because I was good friends with their cousin that goes to McGill.
>>
>>979524
Trying senpai.

Would they really hook you up just because you hanged out with them and was at the same party a few times?
>>
Queens fag blown the fuck out.

Enjoy your overpriced meme ya lil cukk
>>
>>979540
No I'm talking about people that I saved their asses giving crash courses for final exams lol

I barely party, mainly because alcohol is not my drug of choice if you know what I mean.

But don't do drugs.... being high takes up too much time.
>>
>>979868
>But don't do drugs.... being high takes up too much time

I don't drink or do drugs :^)

Feels good senpai
>>
>>>979524 (You)
Also, good for you for going to a school with coop. That's actually one of my biggest regrets as McGill doesn't really have a coop program for my major.

I know students at Brock that got big 4 placements. If I could go back in time I would go to a college with a coop program in the city that I want to work in after graduation.

Coop experience is just so fucking useful. There's NOTHING like the feeling of having a secured work placement after graduating and just coasting through school (as I've been told) and networking in a city other than the one you go to school in is pretty expensive.
>>
>>979875
Thanks senpai.

That's what I figured. Getting relevant exp(pretty much guaranteed as long as you got over 3.2 gpa or whatever it is) and earning a decent amount of money is no joke.

It really seems like the dealbreaker in most cases, I'd imagine it could make the difference between someone from a so-called "shit-tier school" getting a job and someone from a better school but without practical exp.
>>
York (not Schulich)
accounting

I'm not gonna make it am I
>>
>>979899
>York (not Schulich)

Shaking my head f.am no offense

Isn't it super hard to network or build any connections with people since it's a meme commuter school?
>>
>>979911
I have no clue about network since I haven't bothered yet and I have no idea how, but it's a pretty memester commuter school.
>>
University of Southampton, Economics BSc, gonna do a PhD, 18 y/o
>>
>>980117
>University of Southampton
Solent is better :-)
>>
Masters of Environment and Management Sciences.

What the fuck would I do with this? Is it worth the investment? Will JT turn around our environmental job cuts?
>>
>>979215

Well then I'm glad that I have no debt, I am employed, and the salary is pretty incredible, so I guess I'll just deal with the work, which as I already said, I enjoy.

Though the law 'bubble' hasn't burst, It wouldn't really have mattered if it had, because the kind of people who give up before even trying in that manner would never have succeeded in law anyway.

Is it harder to get a top job these days? Yes. Is there more competition? Yes. But there are always going to be very rewarding positions for those who have the drive to obtain them.
>>
>>980251
Nice man that's definitely a success story but I'm just saying it's probably not worth it for most people and absolutely not as good as it was some years back.
>>
Who /Laurier BBA or Econ/ here?
>>
>Age

UBCO

2nd year eng (hoping to major in civil)

>Do you like it
First two years are general so I'm just grinding through it right now.

Something related to consulting or sales so I can use my strong social skills
>>
UofT BSc reporting in
>>
Mcmaster degroote
>>
>>978381
>>981398
I'm a UVic fag currently and want to switch into UBC's BUCS program. How much is the cost of living on the Vancouver and Okanagan campuses?

I commute to UVic right now so my expenses are like $300/month + tuition. Am I making a huge mistake switching to UBC? I'm sick of the lack of self-motivation people at UVic have.
>>
>23
>Trent University, Peterborough ON
>Bsc. Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
>It's alright
>Medical research
>>
Who /Laurier Business/ here senpai?
>>
>Age
>18 yr old NEET
>was thinking about going to Sheridan
>What Program
>Investigations Public/Private
>Private investigator, cop or loss prevention/security guard
>>
>>982633
>community college

I doubt you'll be able to compete with people who have degrees for that job. Maybe try something that doesn't require as much of a degree?
>>
>>982635
Whats wrong with community college eh?
>>
>>982647
It's pretty much a meme.

It's highschool-tier in difficulty and does not really prepare you for competition with people with Bachelors in any way. Also the fact that everyone gets accepted and you can not attend class and still get a 4.0
>>
>>982652
What do you recommend i do because I can't go to Uni since i took applied courses in hs.
>>
>>977185
I'll contribute. Only 1 more semester and I'll never need to step foot in this third-world country

>Age
>Uni
McGill(igan's Island)
>Program
BSc Physics
>Jobs
Currently applying to grad school, but maybe something with finances after that.
>>
>>982657
>What do you recommend i do because I can't go to Uni since i took applied courses in hs

Re-do your HS courses tbqh. Get 90 average so you get access to a bunch of scholarships and pretty much guaranteed accepted into any non top-tier Uni, although you'll have a good chance at them too maybe.
>>
>>982661
>>982657
Wtf why are you giving this shitty advice.

Go to community college for the first two years, get SICK grades, and then transfer to a good university for the last two. I'd recommend you do this over even going to an expensive university for all four years. Your resume only says where you got your degree, and what third and fourth year classes you took.
>>
>>982679
That works well in the US from what I hear but in Canada you almost always get barely, if any transfer credits. So you'll at most get accepted into 2nd year and probably only 1st.

The articulation agreements are generally very limited and shitty and if you look on ONtransfer website you'll notice they don't offer any transfer credits for like 95% of the transfers.
>>
>>982686
You just have to plan far ahead and make sure all the credits are transfer-able.

In BC (Victoria/Vancouver) you can transfer credits in basically any first & second year required courses from camosun/capilano/etc, to UBC, UVic, SFU. There are even a lot of programs for engineering, medical, business, etc. students that are specifically designed for transfer to the local big university. Not sure how bad it is in Ontario, but if you're not overly picky about your final university then it can't be too hard to pull it off.
>>
>>982695
Idk about other provinces but in Ontario it does not work one bit. Most universities even fail to recognize other unis credits for transfers let alone community colleges.

On ONtransfer(government website) you can see that almost no credits from 3 year diplomas transfer to non-shit unis(and even them it's very specific and arbitrary it seems). Although I'm unsure if it's legit and maybe you need to contact uni directly but it's a good telling sign it won't be very easy.
>>
>>980119
:')
>>
smfh.

Who /Women's Studies at UofT/ here?
>>
>>977185
Just started my Master's in a niche program at McGill. Have summer employment lined up as of May-August (15k over the summer) with potential to be rehired upon graduating starting at 60k.
>>
>>982659
rofl calling Montreal a 3rd world country- let me guess, bratty american who doesn't speak a lick of french and spent his 4 years here holed up in his dorm room watching all his classmates get laid at frosh?
>>
>>983610
He was probably referring to Canada... which is true.

This country is pretty terrible and just getting worse everyday
>>
>21
>University of Manitoba
>Honours Economics/Minor in Spanish
>I love what I'm learning
>I have no idea, I'm very afraid of not getting a job; the demand for Econ Undergrads seems kinda low.
>>
>>983633
there's no such thing as a demand for econ majors.
>>
>>983636
Let me rephrase: I'm afraid of there being lack of demand for what (numerous) things Econ majors can work as, the most common thing being some sort of analyst.
>>
>>983633
>>983644
A lot of hedgefund managers in Toronto are Econ majors.
>>
>>983646
Would getting a Master's in Econ overqualify me? I plan to pursue one at either uOttawa or McGill.
>>
>>983647
>Would getting a Master's in Econ overqualify me?

Probably not, it would help you.

Also I should mention I don't actually know very much about Econ major jobs, I just wanted to mention that when looking up Hedge Funds in Toronto I noticed many had Econ majors for managers. That's all.
>>
File: 1438814227739.jpg (89 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1438814227739.jpg
89 KB, 919x720
I can't believe there are so many retards here that believe it actually matters where you go to uni. Pretty much all that matters is if you get decent/good marks wherever you go and if you get an internship/co-op
>>
>>983684
t. Brock student? Lmao
>>
>>983684
Also this thread reeks of underage faggotry. Fuck off to reddit kids
>>
>>983684
while this is partly true, it usually only helps if you plan on staying within your surroundings. if you plan to move to a foreign country, having a credible institution/big name in your background helps a ton, ie. gets you in the door for the interview.
>>
>>983692
t. you're 17 years old and shitposting about how whichever university you're applying to is the best.

None of that jerk off shit matters in the real world
>>
>>983695
>while this is partly true
No, its completely true. I actually have a job and i laugh at all the underage fags ITT that circlejerk over which school is the 'best'.

> if you plan to move to a foreign country, having a credible institution/big name in your background helps a ton, ie. gets you in the door for the interview.

This is also bullshit. They don't care where you went to school. They care about work experience first and foremost
>>
>>983697
>t. you're 17 years old and shitposting about how whichever university you're applying to is the best.

I'll have you know I am a NEET.
>>
>>983702
>They don't care where you went to school. They care about work experience first and foremost

And how are you suppose to get *quality* work experience while going to a shit-tier school without having a relative who owns a firm? The better the school the better your placements usually and more opportunities.

Some schools are just better, both in networking, professor-quality and students.
>>
>>983708
Any university program with a co op or internship option is fine
>>
>>983712
Except that some have shit-tier placements and that's if you even get in because there's some much competition.

From what I hear UofT is terrible for this, very limited co-op's and you have to be pretty much top of class for a chance.
>>
>>983719
Source? I don't know very much about U of T, but isn't there a ton of co op opportunities at the scarborough campus?
>>
>>983734
Don't have a source but it's just what a lot of people say.

Also especially at UTSC they having a grading curve and getting good marks is really difficult. And UTSC is pretty shit-tier, filled with Indians and overall not very good. St.George is the only prestigious campus.
>>
>>983742
This is just teenage gossip tier bullshit, not a valid point. The people you heard it from are probably just retards who didn't take their studies seriously enough
>>
>>983769
Not really...

When there's a bunch of people all saying the same thing it's a pretty telling sign.

Compared to let's say Waterloo where over 90% get co-op.

How old are you that you think everything is "teenage memes" even though the people actually study there?
>>
>21, already graduated last year
>Georgian College
>Automotive business
>Fuck no, what a waste
>Probably nothing

Hype it up as a specialized business degree that "Will put you ahead of university graduates in the automotive industry". Then they teach you nothing about business except basic accounting and a few other things. I literally had a class that was all corporate sponsors coming in and talking to us. 2 fucking hours a week was dedicated to listen to someone plug their business.

And the worst part?
A mandatory class that was basically read Dale Carnegie's shitty, irrelevant book and how to properly set up a table for a formal dinner. They actually get the head of the waiter program to come down and EXPLAIN how to set everything up and what fork is for what. The only reason this course exists is because the program sponsors where complaining that the students they hired didn't know how to eat properly and it was embarrassing.

There is -so. much.- more I could complain about, but to sum it all up -10/10 will never, ever recommend to anyone, ever.
>>
>>983776
>A mandatory class that was basically read Dale Carnegie's shitty, irrelevant book and how to properly set up a table for a formal dinner. They actually get the head of the waiter program to come down and EXPLAIN how to set everything up and what fork is for what

Holy shit I laughed. Jesus. That's terrible.

Please more stories, tell us everything.
>>
>>983775
>How old are you
I've already stated that im employed, and you've already stated you're a NEET. I'll let that speak for itself
>>
>>983782
Well how old are you senpai? Where do you work and what's your salary?

Being employed doesn't mean shit, I could get a job at McDonalds or a factory if I wanted to in an hour.
>>
>>983787
>I could get a job at McDonalds or a factory if I wanted to in an hour.

In case you haven't noticed every single McDonalds in the country is staffed by Filipinos you literally will not get a job there if you're not one of them.
>>
>18
>still finishing up, but accepted and going to Royal Holloway University of London
>Accounting and Finance BSc
> TBD
>Portfolio Manager
>>
>>983787
>He expects me to tell all my personal information to some faggot on a thai buttplug forum

I'll just say that I work as an accountant making solid pay
>>
>>983792
How is your salary and company personally-identifiable in any way?

I think you are shy about your shit salary and pitiful future.

>>983789
>In case you haven't noticed every single McDonalds in the country is staffed by Filipinos you literally will not get a job there if you're not one of them

I have literally never seen a Filipino working a McDonalds thus far. Are they working in the back or something? It's always a cute white girl taking orders.
>>
>>983803
>your shit salary and pitiful future.
>coming from someone who leeches off of mummy and dad

Low quality bait
>>
>>983807
>Refusing to answer what company you work for and your salary

Why are you ashamed that you can't mention it?

This is an anonymous imageboard after all. I wouldn't be able to laugh in your stupid face. Or is your self-esteem so low that you don't even to think about it?
>>
>>983792
I'm doing accounting right now. Are/were you in big 4?
>>
>>983812
>hey ill call him stupid and talk about how he has a low self esteem, projecting my own insecurities. That will really get him!
>>
>>983779

Ok.

I had this one professor, probably the 2nd worst I had. This guy was fucking EVERYTHING you didn't want in a teacher. Heavy German accent, couldn't tell a joke without falling on his ass laughing before it was finished, read directly off the slides, every 3 hour class was a minimum of 4, our major project was worth 40% of our mark and had zero rubric and started AFTER the drop date, and he also had "modules" that were always in excess of 40 pages that he expected every person to read before class, and he would never explain anything in them.

The worst part, however, was the fact that he was teaching a class about inter-departmental management. He was also a former business owner who freely admitted his mismanagement of his companies departments was the main reason it failed.

The funniest part though, was the fact that he was retiring a year after I was done his class. However, one champion among men went to the dean about how terrible the class was and the fact that there was a project that could basically auto-fail you if you didn't get it nearly perfect, which no rubric. Plus, he did one part of it right beside another person at the exact same time, handing in damn near the exact same thing, and they both had different marks, by like 15%. I read both papers, no way they should have been different.

But anyway, this guy raises such a shit fit that the Dean kicked him out one day and had a talk with our class. Turns out, this class that only this guy taught, hadn't actually been reviewed in a good number of years, and they had no idea he dropped the rubric for this big assignment and all the extra reading he expected of us. Long story short, they forced him into an early retirement as everyone passed the course with at least a 75%. It was great.
>>
>>983817
STILL refuses to fucking answer.

You must have a basic bookkeeping job or something then. If you were at a big 4 you'd have already responded instead of trying to deflect the question repeatedly.
>>
>>983819
Jeez. I didn't know community colleges were THIS much of a meme...

Why didn't you just drop out or try to transfer to a university halfway through? This shit sounds horrible.
>>
>>983822
I don't need to validate myself by bragging about my job to some neet scum on the internet
>>
>>983831
>I don't need to validate myself by bragging about my job to some neet scum on the internet

Still won't answer the question.

Why don't you just tell us buddy. Are you ashamed? Is that why? you could lie and say you're at Deloitte if you want. It's not like we'll find out. Or would that give you trouble sleeping at night, knowing you lied to a NEET on an anonymous internet meme board and you really have a shitty job and no one admires or looks up to you?
>>
>>983819

I also had a marketing class that was literally taught out of the text book. The teacher would park himself behind the desk, open the book and cycle the slides along with the pages. We all caught on after like 2 weeks of it, and class attendance slowly ground to nearly nothing. I heard there was actually a week where there was 1 person that actually showed up and the teacher was pissed. I stopped going halfway through the semester. He introduced the big project that we had to do and that was it for me. I just crammed the night before the tests and I actually did better on those ones. The day we handed in our assignments we had full class attendance before the class was supposed to start. He showed up, asked for the assignments and everybody left save for like 5 people. It was great. The final exam was just a cluster fuck. It was 30 mins of everybody talking because this guy had no idea how to control the classroom and basically sat there until a group of us told everyone to shut up so we could get it over with. He actually watched 2 frenchmen pull out a fucking cheat sheet and pass it back and forth the whole time. It was pretty pathetic.

>>983829

Family business. Cousins went through it and both thought it was the best, so my parents wanted me to take it. Course, they changed the whole program around in the years they went there too. Reduced it from a 3 year to 2 year program and increased costs too.
>>
>>983836
Sounds horrible. At least your parents payed for it though.

I'm surprised you kept with it for so long, why didn't you try transferring to a Uni? Also what are you doing now?
>>
>>983835
You don't need to work in the Meme 4 to be successful, you fucking retard
>>
>>983742
can confirm
UTSC is immigrant campus
not a day goes by without you loathing the third world fucks that surround you

networking is 3x harder when every other mouth breather is a DKMfamAhlie goon
>>
>>983852
>BASIC BOOKKEEPER DETECTED.

You STILL won't tell us where you work and what your salary is.

>You don't need to work in the Meme 4 to be successful
As an accountant? Really? - Then where do you work? At the local dentist's office writing income statements and balance sheets? l m a o
>>
>>983847

Government payed for it actually, being partially native american and all that. Having a free ride with no debt to anyone in my family is nice.

Quite frankly, I'm not that great in school. I'm a smart person, but I don't do well when it comes to writing a paper. I can do it, but I hate the formality of it, having to cite a source every time you fart gets pretty annoying. The best papers I've ever written have been informal ones that don't require me to cite a source, because I read EVERYTHING I can get my hands on, and go from there, so it makes it tricky to cite a source when I did all my research at the same times 5 hours ago.

Plus there was some genuinely interesting characters that kept it refreshing. I'm posting the worst, but there are several professors that I actually, truly respect and they are, without a doubt, the best in their field. Hell, I had one prof that would fuck off all around the world in his free time. I know once he ended class early so he could make it to the airport to go to Russia, and he landed, slept for 5 hours, and showed up to class when he got back the next week.

Its just the clowns they choose to employ they make it terrible, especially the ones with businesses in their pockets.
>>
>>983858
>Government payed for it actually, being partially native american and all that. Having a free ride with no debt to anyone in my family is nice

F A M why didn't you just get auto-accepted into McGill or Queens? Fuck dude you could've been studying for free and guaranteed acceptance.

Just work hard for 4 years even if you don't like it and make bank. Community college is such a meme...

What do you do now btw? Working at family business?
>>
>>982179

UBCO:

On campus (prices from memory, meal-plan mandatory for single room and trad housing):
-$570/month for single room with communal bathroom/kitchen
-$640/month for traditional housing (single room with a bathroom connected with one other room, communal kitchen)
-$700/month for quad (kitchen included)
-$820/month for studio

Off campus:
-$700-800/month in this apartment complex a short 10 min walk up hill close to campus
-$500-650/month for apartments/houses 10-20 min drives away
-$700-800/month downtown

I find that there's always a same proportion of motivated/unmotivated people in every campus. I've even visited U of Waterloo where I've seen inspired try-hard first years who does business case studies and also kids who just want to get their degree and get out. I think you just have to hang out with the right crowd and the right place, and in the end it's about how much opportunities you take advantage of.

Your surroundings definitely influence who you are, but it's up to you to take up extracurriculars/initiatives to make your own difference.
>>
>>977185
College is useless your all fucked
>>
>>984287
>t. Butthurt neet
>>
>19
>Laurier
>BBA

Almost finished first semester of first-year.
Does anyone in BBA years 2-4 have any advice?

Thanks guys
>>
>>983859
A native friend that I played soccer with was literally illiterate (not trolling) until he was 13 or 14, and he got a full-ride to UBC + housing right out of high school. He did work pretty hard between getting literate and starting UBC but it's pretty funny how desperate Canadian universities are for some native students.
>>984279
Thanks for all the info man.

I definitely know that there's gonna be lazy 4chan-shitposter tier people on every campus, but I ended up doing over 90% of the work in a group project with 3 other members. Every group also had to give a presentation and my finished project was more complete/polished than all but a few others. I looked into the clubs and the only one that interested me was the game-dev club, and the only person who has started their own project was the leader of it.

I'm sure there are motivated people that go to UVic. I even saw someone with a top post on some programming subreddit showing off something he made, and had "2nd year uvic comp sci student" on his Github profile. It's just disappointing how nobody I've met has hobbies, and hardly anyone is passionate about anything.

All that being said, it isn't the only reason why I want to get away from UVic. I just didn't want to sound like a bitch in my OP.
>>
>>985543
Smfh I'm going to go be going there soon senpai.

Will we chill?
How do you like it btw?
>>
>>985543
please reply.

I will say a /biz/ meme to you to identify you as /biz/friend.

Lets hang out and discuss cryptomemes
>>
>>985543
get good grades so you can get into co-op/ if you don't get into co-op you might as well drop out because that's the only thing that makes Laurier good. It's not even that hard to get into co-op just don't be a shitter and get over a 10 gpa and they should let you in without an interview.
>>
>>985543
take a specialization in something useful like finance/accounting
>>
>>985798
Not him of course but do you have any tips to make the most of it tbqh?

I am planning on joining like 5 clubs, doing some intramural sport and working a part time job through school.
>>
>>985801
pls reply
>>
>>985801

yes as a matter of fact I do:
get good grades so you can get into co-op/ if you don't get into co-op you might as well drop out because that's the only thing that makes Laurier good. It's not even that hard to get into co-op just don't be a shitter and get over a 10 gpa and they should let you in without an interview.
>>
>>985974
b-but that's what you posted right before, I meant any additional tips pham.
>>
>>985798
>>985974
Also should I join the LSIF?
>>
File: B0bW5HRIYAAlpLC.jpg (34 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
B0bW5HRIYAAlpLC.jpg
34 KB, 599x337
>>986264
smdh
>>
File: BiVCGVtIAAEQa8Q.jpg (46 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
BiVCGVtIAAEQa8Q.jpg
46 KB, 600x800
>tfw no gf
>>
>>977185
>>Age
University of Alberta, previously NAIT
BSc in Engineering, previously diploma in Power Engineering (Stationary Engineering to Ontarians)
>>Do you like it
First year sucks but it's supposed to get better.
>>What job do you hope to get out of it
Oilfield or related. Engineering plus a PE ticket is rare and desirable.
>>
>>986264
bump

is LSIF a meme or not
>>
>>986548
Well /b/?
>>
>>983858
>payed
>>
>>977185
>bachelor of commerce
>it being a tier lower than uni in The Netherlands

Proves the point that the best education is in the beautiful republic of the Netherrlands. Zuig mijn piemel.
>>
>>977188
tr0led
>>
>>987258
>tfw 90% of the posts ITT are me

Why the fuck do you people make one post in this thread then leave and never return?
>>
>>978169
This is bait
>>
>>987438
>Carleton
>Literally a gay nigga from fresh prince of belair

Lmao they couldn't come up with anything more original?
>>
UOIT
IT networking, and IT security.
Yes, so far.
hoping for anything that will let me have financial stability really, Database security or Network security would be nice.. (am I fucked?)
>>
holy shit OP I'm first year QComm

we should start a 4chan funposting club :^)
>>
Also Laurier is terrible lmfao, who is this kid

1. Queen's
1. Ivey
>>>
2. Rotman
3. Schulich
>>>
4. Laurier
5. Rogers
>>
>>987803
>Literally a list a 1st year student who didn't finish his first semester yet made up on the spot

LOL how are exactly are you measuring them? What is the criteria?
>>
>>987805

Caliber of students of course
>>
>>987803
1. [my school]
1. [school I was considering]
>>
2.[my other top pick]
3.[random school that has pretty good reputation]
>>
4.[school I irrationally don't like or have heard someone say is bad]
5.[other school i'm not interested in so i'll just say it's bad]

Literally every University "ranking" ever
>>
>>987809
>Caliber of students of course

How does an 18 year old who has not even finished 1 semester at a school be knowledgeable enough to be able to rank 6 schools? How exactly does that work?
>>
>>987812

I didn't apply to Rotman actually and I considered Schulich over Ivey because I don't like 2+2

It's just reputation based. That being said if you study at Laurier you can always transfer into Queen's if your GPA is high enough or go to Ivey after 2 years
>>
l m a o this t h r e a d
>>
>>987816
How tho, I don't really see how its reputation is bad at all.

according to le linkedin it's 2nd for IB and co-op program is pretty great.

Paying $16k/yr tuition for no co-op seems quite foolish imho tbqh. I'd rather not.
>>
>>987816

I didn't apply or look into Desautels so I wouldn't be able to place it. I've heard it's good because of high mark cutoff but everyone is autismal

Sauder is for BC kids that don't want to come here
>>
>>987822
tbqh it seems like a good program at anotherwise poor school.

Similar to YorkU and Schulich.
>>
>>987821

It's just common knowledge that for ib recruiters queen's and ivey are the best and they have the most placements outside of Canada

For consulting laurier isn't even on the map, also

idk what Linkedin is up to, they also rank McGill and UofT above Waterloo for accounting which is obvious bs

If you're not terrible Queen's gives you summer placements, and ECs here are developed to a level where they connect you to recruiters. co-op is a big meme that loo and laurier like to parade around

The cost is pretty high, that's true, but 96% of people are employed instantly though so there's no issue of really high debt unless you are unskilled at managing finances, plus if you're a poorfag they give you bursaries
>>
>18
>Laurier
>BBA
>Yes, New Venture is a pain in the ass though
>Co-op, relatively little debt, job in Finance or IB

A-a-am I good enough /biz/ ?
>>
>>987830
smfh.

Whatever though I'll make do with this. I want to join LSIF though. Looks pretty great and seems like it would be excellent for resume tbqh.
>>
>>987832
Join LSIF senpai get your butt into co-op too.

What's your GPA rn?
>>
>>987833

of course

every business school has a big student asset management organization

Sauder's is the most intense though, you are admitted by school officials and they have 7mm aum
>>
>>987834

LSIF=Laurier Students in Finance?
>>
>>987837
Laurier Student Investment Fund.

Go talk to the fags running it, suck their clitoris/dick to join.

How are you liking it so far btw? What clubs u in senpai

>>987836
Do you really think the 3 of us in this thread are going to get memed if we graduate Memeier?

I figure if you do co-op + good marks and network hella hard it shouldn't be very hard to get a c o z y job.
>>
>>987839
I'm not in any clubs rn, should I try hard with clubs in Winter term to help pad the co-op application?
>>
>>987839

no you're just going to find it harder to get a super super placement (even at Queen's you have to really be at the top 15% of the class to get super positions)

Laurier BBA is not bad by any means... by the time you graduate it'll probably be better than rotman/schulich considering its upward trend and how much money is being poured into it

I actually know a guy who got rejected from Laurier but accepted to Rotman this year

It's certainly a good school but I'm obliged to say Queen's is better
>>
>>987844
>by the time you graduate it'll probably be better than rotman/schulich considering its upward trend and how much money is being poured into it

Dat $100 million new Business building tbqh.

>I actually know a guy who got rejected from Laurier but accepted to Rotman this year

How is that possible tho. What was his average?

>>987841
Yes join clubs senpai. Make friends get pussy smoke dro

You living on rez?
>>
>>987846
I don't live in res, but I'm down for anything to help get co-op (or pussy)
>>
>>987846

>>
>>987849
Ye fem. Get that GPA up to 10+ for co-op and join clubs.

What are your electives?

>>987850
So did he go to Rotman? Rotman is pretty darn shit desu. At least from what I hear
>>
>>987853

he went to Rotman but he doesn't go to class and smokes weed all day because he has money
>>
Anyone go to/have thoughts about memorial university (MUN)?
>>
>>987855
smfh... Why do people do that shit?

I know I guy who had 96 average in HS in a decent school and he just ended up going to a shit Uni and studying some meme social science bullshit. Literally why
>>
shaking my dick into my own mouth tbqh
>>
>21
>Ivey Business School
>HBA1
>Na
>Have 2 PE offers

Haven't seen any Iveyfags on here - only the Jews over at Queen's. If you want to know anything about Ivey just ask.

Ignore the guy at WLU who thinks they place more people in IB.
>>
>>988942
>Ivey marketing team in full effect

>mfw
Worried I'm drawing all the students away from your preposterous costs?
>>
>>988946
https://navigator.wlu.ca/content/documents/fileItemController/Summary%20Report%202013%20-%20Grad%20Survey0.pdf?

http://www.ivey.uwo.ca/cmsmedia/359710/iveyhba-permanent-summer-employment-report.pdf

Don't over 1k enter Laurier's BBA program in y1?
>>
>>988954
big deal big shmeel.

At least we have co-op and hella scholorships + much lower costs.
>>
>>988954
Iveyfag btfo.

Laurier master race, $30/hr co-op while you morons are playing $35k total per year of HBA lmao

*yawn* Don't worry though, I might come to Ivey for my MBA which my employer will graciously pay for almost entirely, who happens to also be the same as my co-op placement.

Maybe when you pay off your $120k loans you might be able to finally spend some on yourself, iveykek! Don't worry though I'll be thinking of you when I retire to the Bahamas thanks to all my amassed wealth thanks to a top tier program and supreme co-op.
>>
File: 1446536819449.jpg (44 KB, 404x405) Image search: [Google]
1446536819449.jpg
44 KB, 404x405
>>988954
>>989009
>>
>>989012
You need to stop posting man. You've made literally 100 posts in a thread with 200 replies.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 328x465) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 328x465
>>989009
>>
>>989023
>>989025
Oh is that why he stopped replying? Had to go quickly ask his Ivey buddies to get into the thread and respond trying to defend him and their school?

Is the school giving you guys $1000 grants for shilling for them and bravely defending their honor on the internet?
>>
File: iveycuck vs memeier grad.png (455 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
iveycuck vs memeier grad.png
455 KB, 1200x800
>>988942
>>988954
>>989023
>>989025
well iveyfags?

IVEYFAGS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>989078
well iveys? how does it feel to be the one on the left when you graduate
>>
>>988961
>>989009
>>989012
Stop samefagging, man.

Everyone knows Ivey and Queens are in a league of their own. If you want to land a BB IBD job you go to Ivey or Queens.

Money isn't a factor when you're working towards a job that pays 100 large out of U. Maybe if you want to work some BO job pushing mutual funds then yeah go to Laurier and live happily ever after.

Oh and you've got co-op? No way. You must have some super sweet accounting jobs that you can get. That's awesome man. Congrats

There's a reason Ivey is 25k and a BBA is like 7k m8 - clout. Almost everyone who is anyone from Canada in finance went to Ivey.
>>
>>989095
Refer to pic in this post you faggot >>989078

Laurier BTFOs Ivey in LinkedIn stats, what do you have to say about that?

Also Queen's Commerce employment stats are fucking pathetic
>Average 56k
>Median 53k
Fucking pathetic

You are a subhuman, have fun working for your boss who graduated Laurier. Oh by the way we have a new $100million building, meanwhile your meme school spends all its money on marketing and shilling on the internet lmao.
>>
Well ivey faggots?

How does it feel to be btfo?

I have a co-op at barometer capital and you will be working for 30 years at McD's to pay off your loans.
>>
Delusional Queens/Ivey kids lel. Your schools are only marginally better for getting jobs at BAY STREET. If you want to land a BB IBD you go to NYU/Columbia buddy. BB look at International schools all the same.
>>
>>989191
This.

Retards literally think that because they read their school is better and it costs twice as much that they have a better chance at Wallstreet when they will be working alongside other school graduates except with more debt.

I'm pretty sure any correlation with better jobs and Queens/Ivey has more to do with the people who do these programs tend to be rich and/or overachievers so they probably have jobs lined up, and you can easily do similar if you work hard in another school.
>>
>26
>anon-u
>Bachelor of Arts Philosophy
>I love it
>Maybe lawyer, I don't really give a shit, making good money in IT atm (already had a bunch of networking certifications did the degree for myself)
>>
>>989582
What was the point of getting a bachelor's tho. It's not even related to your field
>>
ivey faggots blown the fuck out.

Stay poor while we be smoking on modafinil and banging qts at Laurier BBA
>>
dBjjrsyy, are you autistic.

I go to Laurier and you're embarrassing me.
Just stop posting.
>>
Ryerson University is the best university in the world and Ted Rogers has the best business programs. You meet the best network here, minimal party, most companies within walking distance so everything is perfect and the prestige of a billion dollar company.
>>
>>990220
rye-high nigga

we finna get so baked
>>
What would you guys recommend for a guy looking into getting into accounting? I hear it's a decent way to live and I like it's stability and work/life balance. I can live modestly and I don't have a desire to be filthy rich.

Best school to go into? Should I avoid college like the plague? What to do during/after?
>>
>>990336
Go to Laurier BBA and get high enough marks for co-op.

Get big4 co-op and you're set for accounting ma senpai.
>>
>>990336
ill sell you hella modafinil and adderall senpai. ill link u up bruh
>>
>>990388
Mate hit me up with Dem links
>>
>>990451
where u at do

i can link you with 500 adderall IR 30mg, what kinda volume u need dawg
>>
>>990457
Edmonton feg here
>>
dBjjrsyy do you have autism
>>
>>991041
first day on 4chan you dumb idiot?

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>991056

Hey man are you currently at Laurier?
>>
>>991110
ye senpai.

wbu
>>
>>991114

Where do you live?
>>
>>991119
off campus

Are you trying to stab me pham
>>
>>977185
>>977185
>>977185
>>977185

Daily reminder that:
>There is no canadian ivy leagues
>Best canadian uni = mid--tier american uni
>You will never work on wall street with a shit tier canadian uni on your CV

Regards, an Ivy league student
>>
>>991163
This tbqh.
>>
>>991163
hear hear everyone
we need all of /biz here to bow down to this gentleman
>>
>>991202
>>991163
Honestly does it even matter that much WITHIN Canada?

I've got a feeling as long as you get good marks, co-op, network and actually show interest it really doesn't.

Pretty sure it's better to just go for whichever school you prefer, has a better co-op program and is convenient for you.
>>
What do people on /biz/ think of memorial university of Newfoundland (mun)? Is it a well respected school in Canada?
>>
>>987830
Well, coming from McGill, the big 4 recruit nationally at my school. We get partners visit from vancouver, calgary, toronto. We also place in smaller cities all the time like Edmonton, Halifax, etc. Thats the benefit of having students from all over the country coming to McGill.
>>
>>991163
Honestly, that's cute but you're wrong.
I graduated from Ivey (Western) and they have most, if not all the BBs / EBs hiring for most major offices (LA / NY / SF / Toronto)

Regards,
Someone working at a PE MF from a "shit tier canadian uni"
>>
>>991248

They're the best university in newfoundland

>>992475

When did you graduate? I'm at Qcomm right now and I'd like to hear why you chose PE and what it's like
>>
>>992534
Don't want to give away too much, but I graduated a few years ago. Did a 2-year stint in IBD at a big name, now Associate in PE.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.