[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
- Anyone here have a successful and durable experience in forex
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: trading.png (188 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
trading.png
188 KB, 400x267
- Anyone here have a successful and durable experience in forex trading ?
- What's techniques did you use ?
- With how much money did you begin ?
- Gives me advice for a beginner like me, please.
>>
spoilers: FOREX trading is entirely luck-based without some sort of insider knowledge
>>
>>976128
what trading is more lucrative?
>>
>>976128
found the shitter who thought forex was a get rich quick scheme and ended up losing 1000s like an idiot LMAO. go to bed, kid. men are discussing big boy topics here.

>>976123
here's some pros, cons and tips i can offer with regards to forex:

pros:

>it's possible to get into forex and subsequently succeed with a low starting capital (thanks to leverage)
>very low on fees
>tons of liquidity
>if you get good at it, it's very financially rewarding

cons:

>even a little bit of greed can lead to ruin
>sometimes you'll have to be more patient than you want
>certain hours are better for making money than others
>to get the most out of it, you'll need to pay attention to multiple currencies at a time

tips:

>don't be greedy
>get good at reading graphs
>learn to be patient
>risk and reward are directly correlated
>practice account first, then real account
>find a good forex broker
>read the first tip again

http://www.babypips.com/school

this will become your favorite website while you start off. enjoy it buddy.
>>
>>976159
>"trading" from home
>lucrative
>literally speculating without any knowledge of flows and underlying assets
>simplistic up/down models of understanding

>>976165
>reading graphs
>"good" forex "brokers"

might as well go to the bitcoin thread
>>
File: [fedora intensifies].gif (618 KB, 263x396) Image search: [Google]
[fedora intensifies].gif
618 KB, 263x396
>>976175
nice meme post squirt. i'm glad you can copy and paste those dank memes. i tip my fedora to thee, good gentle sir.
>>
Forex is shit, trade stocks and futures faggot.

And yes, I make a living out of this.
>>
>>976165
>http://www.babypips.com

I am really sad in specialized forums in forex, why?
because all the "trading journal" I read ends the same way:
they end up losing all their gains and have their account to 0, after 6 months or 1 year.

I need testimonials from people who really live forex successfully for several years.
>>
>>976165
this guy is clueless
>>
>>976224
this guy is on the right track

the FX market is decentralized and in most cases rigged against you, as a retail trader you don't even have access to the main liquidity pools. The access you do have is to 'brokers' that in reality are taking the opposite position to you and have an inherent conflict of interest with you + some ECNs most of which are biased towards the needs of their main liquidity providers (last look provisions etc..)

with a futures exchange you've at least got more of a level playing field - sure your personal infrastructure may not compete with the banks, prop shops etc.. but your order is treated in the same way, according to the same rules on a public exchange that anyone can access
>>
>>976224
Futures/options are good, if you're already semi-well off. Then you can make a decent living with less management and exposure (still risky, but cost basis reduction by selling premium, and playing the odds, help with this). If you want any kind of reliable growth from anything smaller than a $125k account, you need to do indices/forex/CFDs with lots of leverage.

>>976292
True to some extent, but you can't grow your account for shit unless you're already well off ($125k minimum for ameritrade, for example). A normal person can't start with futures/options and expect to really get anywhere this decade.

Only chumps outright own stock, in an active trading account.
>>
>>976306
>True to some extent, but you can't grow your account for shit unless you're already well off ($125k minimum for ameritrade, for example). A normal person can't start with futures/options and expect to really get anywhere this decade.

same argument can apply to FX... but with the added hinderance that FX is more rigged against you
>>
File: laughing prime minister.jpg (8 KB, 262x312) Image search: [Google]
laughing prime minister.jpg
8 KB, 262x312
>>976292
oh look, another stupid little faggot who can't make money in forex because he's too inept to figure it out LMAO.

please keep spouting baseless bullshit and memes you read about on the internet you fucking idiot hahahahaha.

>>976247
sounds like a case of them being greedy shitters who got what they deserve. find out what they did and be sure NOT to do that.
>>
>>976306
What kind of leverage do future contracts have where you trade?
Over here, index futures are leveraged by ~100x and foreign currency futures by ~200x.
Stocks are leveraged up to 14x.
>>
File: advice1.jpg (75 KB, 400x398) Image search: [Google]
advice1.jpg
75 KB, 400x398
>>977546
>>>
>>
>>976123
Learn value investing and how to properly utilize excel for statistical analysis you kek.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.