[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Black Friday General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: black-friday.png (32 KB, 697x298) Image search: [Google]
black-friday.png
32 KB, 697x298
What is /biz/'s opinion of Black Friday?
How would you handle BF if you were a store owner that was going to participate.
is it even worth it anymore? (fyi, no)
>>
I wouldnt.

I have worked retail management. And while bf is still important. It is diminishing.

Gone are the days of lines at the door.

Now most of our customers buy from us online and then pick it up throughout the week.

Personally REI is doing it right. And has generated a lot of buzz for it.

I would rather be closed Thursday/friday/sat/sun and reopen monday.

No holiday pay, no overtime/ no extra pissed off customers/ no stressed out staff. And much happier workers, that they get the time off with out it counting aganst vacation.
>>
already they are calling it a bust.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/thanksgiving-shopping-at-stores-was-a-bust-2015-11-27
>>
Literally nothing I wanted went on sale online. None of the clothing, guns, or electronics, that I have been saving for changed.

The only things that have went on sale for the past two years are shitty televisions and tablets.

>>975739

Doesn't surprise me at all

Most of the people my age are starting to wise up to cheap ass mall and walmart tier clothing and are opting to spend more money on fewer but better quality pieces of clothing for their wardrobe.

Half of the sales I see are the same sales xx$ off that they had during labor day and the 4th sales.
>>
>>975739
>squeeze people's disposable income down to nothing
>act shocked when business tanks
What do these people fucking expect?
>>
But remember.... Economy is strong and unemployment is down!.
>>
>>975803
>peoples'
>>
>>975819
That would be a double plural, you autist. I'm not referring to multiple different groups of people.
>>
>>975803
This.

I also didn't bother to run any sales for my business. I don't mind poor people but I can't stand cheap people. No way I'm going to reward their behavior with a fire sale.
>>
>>975748
>Half of the sales I see are the same sales xx$ off that they had during labor day and the 4th sales.
yup.

I didnt see a single thing this year's BF that i cant buy for the same price during *insert monthly holiday here* or even cheaper.

plus, most TVs, tablets, etc are junky models or last year's throw away inventory.

i think the biggest reasons people are telling black friday to go fuck itself are

>Niggers
>shit products
>shit deals
>the increase of shitting on Thanksgiving
>Niggers

also, this year, Black Friday wasnt even what it was. damn near everyone ran Black Friday sales for the entire week, some even longer.
>>
The really deep sales are on mostly shitty items that are being phased out.
That being said, I almost bought a washing machine for 40% off.
I wouldn't participate if I was a small store owner. Not worth it, no profit margins.
>>
>>975059

I saw maybe only one or two good offers online and those were before black friday. None of them start at midnight anymore, they'll start at 6 or 7 on Thanksgiving. It takes the fun out of watching raging crowds fight over a $1 toothbrush and it also makes it hard to build hype when everyone's starting their black friday "sale" a week ahead of time. Walmart's black friday sale technically goes on until Monday.

Shitty sales and shitty marketing results in shitty black friday sales.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.