[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cigars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: cuban cigars.jpg (95 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
cuban cigars.jpg
95 KB, 620x387
What Cigars does /biz/ smoke to celebrate a successful sale or other important event?

I've never smoked cigars before and I would like /biz/'s recommendation on what would be best, and what they personally smoke.
>>
>>974983

monte christo edmundo mainly
>>
File: 100 percent nani sore.png (58 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
100 percent nani sore.png
58 KB, 500x500
>celebrating a deal by literally setting your money on fire in order to give yourself lung cancer
>>
File: image.png (341 KB, 1672x1115) Image search: [Google]
image.png
341 KB, 1672x1115
>>974989
This desu senpai it makes no sense unless you're 1m+ net worth
>>
>>974989
>>974991
>>celebrating a deal by literally setting your money on fire in order to give yourself lung cancer

You only smoke them once in a while AND you don't inhale the smoke.

It literally does nothing to your lungs.

Cigars are smoked for flavor nothing more.

>>974987
Thanks I'll check em out.
>>
>>974994
>You only smoke them once in a while AND you don't inhale the smoke.
>It literally does nothing to your lungs.
>Cigars are smoked for flavor nothing more.
>>
>>974983
Had some lovely Cubans in the Bahamas, but I don't recall the brand. Don't care for American ones much.
>>
>>974997
?

People only smoke cigars once a month at most, generally.

And yes you smoke cigars for flavor and don't inhale the smoke. Refer to literally any website or youtube channel talking about cigars.
>>
I smoke cigars daily. I smoke a lot of different stuff daily, but I'm a pretty big fan of Camacho, especially the Triple Maduro. I've been smoking a lot of Tatuaje Tattoo lately.

On special occasions, I have a stash of Opus X including Lost City, xXx, Perfexion, etc. Also have a couple boxes of Julius Caeser I'm saving.

I have some actual cubans in my collection but they don't mean much to me, favorite Cuban is Bolivar.
>>
>>975011
What do you recommend for me senpai? This shit seems too complicated for someone who just ones to pick out some just for special occasions.
>>
Its hard to say; if you are really new, you won't really taste or notice much a difference between a $6 cigar and a $25 cigar. If you plan to develop your taste for cigars, then you might as well buy a box of cigars that are known for their high quality and store them away and smoke them on special occasions.

In my opinion, stay away from Punch, Macanudo, Rocky Patel, Excalibur, Don Tomas, and non-cuban Cohibas. If a cigar is cheap, there is usually a reason why. I also recommend staying away from anything "Drew Estate" because the tobacco is cheap factory throw away shit that is fused with the scent of "tobacco" (like spraying Strawberry smelling perfume on a box of partially rotten Strawberries); but their marketing was amazing and it got a bunch of new frat types to be like "man, My Uzi Weighs a Ton is amazing" - it's not, it's shit.

Maybe go out and smoke some cheapies, like Brickhouse, which aren't bad, but not a high quality smoke and then pick up something by Arturo Fuente and see if you can pick up on differences in flavor and how the cigar is actually constructed. If you can't, it doesn't really matter what you buy because you can't tell the difference.

I think most of the stuff by 5 Vegas isn't too bad, the best "cheap" cigar I've had lately is John Bull. Those things are like $3 a cigar and smoke like a $12 cigar. Gurkha isn't bad either, but the people they have rolling them aren't very good, no idea why. Most of the ones I've smoked have been poorly made, but they aren't bad.
>>
>>975044
I'll probably just order them since I can't be assed to go to an actual cigar store.

How am I suppose to tell apart all these cigars though? It's just a bunch of different names and prices to me that don't mean anything...

I googled a bit and I'm considering trying a Montecristo Churchill Anejados, seems to be a good one but a little pricey.
>>
Monte Cristo #6.

No idea why, stumbled across them years ago and just liked them. Plus the local pretentious cigar shop has them for $5 a piece.
>>
How do you smoke without inhaling?
>>
>>975058
>How do you smoke without inhaling?

Watch this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayfG4Zl1w_o
>>
Cigars aren't a newbie-friendly "hobby" because a lot of companies price their cigars way too high. Punch (non-cuban) cigars are trash, but the company still tries to sell them for $13 a stick when they are "worth" $2 a stick.

Montecristo is a solid brand imo, you get what you pay for, which is a good thing. I would recommend going with a Monecristo in a robusto size, since their filler is usually good. Montecristo Espada Robusto comes to mind so I would recommend that. Price isn't too bad either.
>>
>>974983
Monte Cristo and Romeo and Julieta cubans
>>
>>975050
go to an actual cigar store

if you order them they might be dry, they might be frozen in transit, and that destroys the cigar. (imo)

go to a proper cigar shop with a proper humidor and don't leave them lying around to dry when you get home.

>How am I suppose to tell apart all these cigars though?

Monte Christo is the company
Anejados is the product name
Churchill is the form factor/shape
>>
>>974983
>Celebrating earning money by using money
>>
>>975257

>thinking he can take his money beyond the grave
>>
>>975257
>Earning money but then refusing to spend any of it on his enjoyment
What's the point?

>>975210
True, alright I'll check an actual store out.
Just thought it'd be significantly more expensive...
>>
>>975277
>Just thought it'd be significantly more expensive...

Not necessarily. Can even be cheaper.

Some shop owners buy the cigars in bulk or at auctions (how cigars are normally traded) and can get you a slightly better price (but often it's exactly the same as online).

Plus, he'll probably be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

A lot of these people (at least the good ones) do it not because they wanna make money, but because cigars are their passion.

An indication of whether they're serious is that they're almost consistently smoking a higher end cigar, no matter when you get in.
>>
>>975282
Sweet I'll visit one when I get around to it soon.

Seems a bit odd to have cigars as your passion though... To each his own I guess lol
>>
>>974994
Still a chance for throat and mouth cancer
>>
>>975483
>Still a chance for throat and mouth cancer

Insignificant. Smoking a cigar once every few months won't do shit to you health-wise
>>
>>975282
>Tfw can't find a reliable cigar shop anywhere near me

feels un-good, famm.

I just want to experience the feeling
>>
>>974983
>What Cocks does /jizz/ suck to celebrate a successful sale or other important event?
>I've never sucked cocks before and I would like /jizz/'s recommendation on what would be best, and what they personally suck.
>>
>>975870
hilarious meme, you really got me
>>
Gold Dragon
>>
>>974983

Perdomo Grand Cru robusto or Drew Estate ACID Atom maduro. I'm more into the flavor ACID cigars, but they are very aromatic so not the best things to smoke around people that don't like smokers.
>>
>>975907
If I ever became rich, I would totally bust out the bubble gum cigars in the manner that your stereotypical rich guy uses regular cigars, and give zero fucks about it
>>
>>975998
or some of these
http://www.amazon.com/Chocolate-Cigarettes-Pack-Assorted-Sticks/dp/B00QECA51W/
>>
>>975998
>>976001
too bad you never will
>>
>>974983
I have never had a Padron I have not liked.

Brickhouse is up in the air with me, but Romeo and Julietas and Punch's are alright
>>
>>976134
There's been a lot of shutting on Punch and Excalibur's, but they're not bad. I like them, even if they're overpriced. Especially if you're in an area where there just aren't a lot of cigar shops.

Just don't pair them with your *good* scotch.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.