[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW vs USED
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: new used.jpg (26 KB, 448x300) Image search: [Google]
new used.jpg
26 KB, 448x300
Hey, /biz/, question to you: how viable it is to buy something BRAND NEW compared to USED?

For instance, it would be much cheaper to buy a used car, but at the same time it can have some hidden faults in it. BUT at the same time you're saving a lot of money on it.

Same goes for other products, really.

So what's your take on this: should we save money and buy USED stuff or buy something NEW and not worry about any sudden pitfalls in quality and shit?
>>
>>971516
when in doubt, buy new. 9 times out of 10, used is more costly in the long run.
>>
>>971516
Depends on what it is. There's no one size fits all here.

Sometimes buy computers/laptops used is a good choice.

Buying cars used is always a good choice.

Buying used clothes can be good, sometimes great things can be bought for quite cheap. Namely suits from a thriftstore. Sure it's not brand name or bespoke but for like $20 you can get something that usually looks pretty decent. Good if you're just memeing it
>>
>>971543
What if I want to buy a used Camarro? New one is just too expensive.
>>
>>971546
Then check one out and buy it?
You'll be saving a lot of money because as soon as you buy a new car it loses like 30% of its value or whatever they say.
>>
>>971548
I'm here for advice on this matter: whether it's viable to buy a used car.
>>
>>971551
I said yes, but it depends what you find, condition, price.

Now if you posted a picture on /o/ asking should I buy THIS used car for THIS PRICE then you'd be able to get actual answers. But theoretically yes you should buy a used car
>>
>>971553
Okay, what about other things: iPhone, PCs, microwaves, etc.

Is it better to buy these new or used?
>>
>>971557
It all depends on the price, condition, how much you rely on the item and how much it's saving you rather than buying new.

But for cars definitely always buy used.
>>
Buying new is almost always a bad choice unless factory warranties are necessary and you're not handy with doing things yourself.
>>
keep insurance and taxes in mind also
>>
>>971516

I'm a fan of buying new. I've owned two cars in my life at the age of 40. First one, a Dodge Dakota, I owned for 14 years. Replaced it at 230,000 miles and in need of rear diff job. If I can, I'd own my current car until I hit 50, which would give me another 14 years of ownership in a vehicle. Current car is a Subaru Crosstrek and I'm pretty sure I could easily get 14 years out of it.
>>
>>971600
You know you could save a ton of money by just buying $1-3k cars with ~70-100k miles and they would get you to work and wherever you need to go just fine, right?
>>
>>971612
He'd be driving around in a shitfucked box for his whole life
>>
My friend says anything that loses value as soon as it's off the lot is only worth leasing
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.