[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This will go crazy tomorrow. Coal is back, baby.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
This will go crazy tomorrow. Coal is back, baby.
>>
>>969302
nicely memed oldfag
>>
>>969315
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/peabody-energy-enters-into-agreement-to-sell-new-mexico-and-colorado-assets-300182846.html
No meme, friend.
>>
>>969318

kek. Natural gas in both of those states is so cheap they are basically giving it away. Why.
>>
>>969322
Exactly. This was an awesome move. Sold off their worst assets, took tons of liabilities off the table. It all adds up to nearly $1B. Debt is trading in the .20s. If they use that to buy back debt, or already have, bankruptcy is off the table.

Wishing I owned the bonds right now
>>
+15% premarket. Watch this one go today guys
>>
STL fag here.

I work in the same building, bunch of peabody buddies are worried about layoffs at corp. they all looking for new jobs.
>>
>>970488
Aww poor Peabuddies
>>
Selling assets is an indicator of trouble, especially in a capital-heavy business like energy.
Let's take a look at the fundamentals here. This company hasn't made any profit since 2011. Quarter 2 of 2015 they had a net income of negative $1.04 billion dollars on revenue of $1.33 billion.
Their operating cash flows have been decreasing steadily since 2010 and haven't shown any sign of increasing even on a quarterly basis.
Their debt-to-assets ratio has been steadily increasing year by year and recently surpassed 50%.

You could not pay me to own stock in this company. Coal is not back, baby.
>>
>>971074
>commodities are getting killed
Which rock have you been living under?
>>
>>971080
I never implied that "commodities" was getting killed as a whole.
I'm saying that in a capital heavy business, reducing assets is a very bad sign.
Also, the company's financials look like shit. No need to repeat myself there, already explained why based on unbiased, SEC verified financial infromation in my last post
>>
>>971074
Go look at the bonds. The debt is trading at BK levels and there are no more shares of the equity left to short. This asset sale strongly suggests management is doong everything they can to avoid BK. Also, the fact that a private investor is willing to purchase an asset of this size outside of BK court foresale prices suggests someone with a shitton of money believes coal has bottomed and will rebound sooner than BTU could file. This is all extremely positive news. Get out of your buy high, sell low mentality
>>
>>971086
>i never implied commodities are getting killed as a whole.
Well they are. Once again, which rock?
>>
>>971092
The company has been paying their CEO more than $5 million per year despite not ever turning a profit. This is not a well-run business that makes strategic decisions at all.

Given every piece of actual evidence I've given so far, all of it quantitative and unbiased, this is objectively a bad company. Therefore, I wouldn't invest.
Making investment decisions based on factual information isn't any sort of "mindset", it's just how good investors invest.
Everything you've said about the company is based on subjective assumptions ("someone who is rich thinks that they'll do well")

Sorry if it hurts your feelings that someone on the internet doesn't think that a shit coal company with a horrible track record and financial position is going to be successful
>>
>>971111
>Peabody
>never turning a profit
Wut

The fact that you make investment decisions by glancing over a balance sheet makes me doubt you acually own any stocks at all.

Chevron is FCF negative and pays their CEO well over $5 million. Must be a terrible company. Or we're at the bottom of a commodity cycle.

Check back after the debt buyback is announced and you can learn about how prices move in the real world, anon.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.