[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Housing market crash in Canada when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1359655775970.jpg (109 KB, 406x364) Image search: [Google]
1359655775970.jpg
109 KB, 406x364
Housing market crash in Canada when?
>>
The Asians will keep on coming.
>>
It's already topped out and is deflating, especially in Alberta. Toronto and Vancouver are resistant to it though and keep going up no matter what.
>>
>>966532
Never.

The housing bubble was suppose to have been "popping" for the last 20 years. Or that's at least how long faggots were spamming that shit
>>
>>966532
China has economic instability, and there are 38x more of them than there are of you. Even if a fraction of their top 10% invest in western real estate, canadian major cities are still going to get plenty of annual rich investors.
>>
>new condo complex put up beside my work
>been standing for 2 years now
>look at number of lights on during the evening
>maybe 7-8 units lit on the side of a 20-30 story building

housing crash soon i think.
>>
>>966803
>tfw housing developments, apartments, condos etc all stay nearly empty
>commercial and retail areas are like ghost towns
>chinese investors dont even live there and dont contribute to local economy
>people lose jobs
>cities and areas in cities lose money
>leads to poverty
>lol doesnt matter ching chong chairman mao keeps buying more real estate to hide his money from chinese government

We need a fucking ban on foreigners buying real estate in our country. If they want to come here fine, if they want to buy a house here fine, if they want to buy a house and not come here or buy multiple houses and not live here then they can fuck off.
>>
>>966807
Every Australian I've ever met was genetically made to suck Chinese dicks.
Stop fighting your destiny coward
>>
>>966807
For those of us smart enough to buy a house in the early 2000's this has already been a huge boon. I'm sorry you didn't get in on the action, but someone in your family must have benefited. Those who complain about the foreign investors don't understand how much we've already benefited from it.
>>
>>966823
It's short term benefit, not long term. You realize that in these communities nobody lives there, it's abandoned. Yes you get a short term investment from overseas investors but retail shops, businesses etc all close down as nobody is there to provide those businesses with money and purchases. The economy doesn't grown in areas where there is lots of chinese investment, it just stagnates and you're left with abandoned 1 million dollar houses. Long term people lose jobs, less businesses are created, less people can afford to live.
>>
>>966829
They're not buying 2M$ homes where nobody is living. This isn't the first time rich people pushed poor people out of an area that everyone would like to live in, and it won't be the last. Places like cali where this has happened already still have a great economy even if the housing is ridiculous. It is not your birthright to be able to afford a detached home in an affluent area...
>>
>>966823
>Those who complain about the foreign investors don't understand how much we've already benefited from it

Benefited by Chinese investors buying homes $200k over asking price completely inflating the housing market so that the current young generation cannot afford to buy a house in most parts of the country because it is completely inflated?

Yeah that's not much of a benefit.

Houses in Toronto and Vancouver are now all $1million+, simply unaffordable for young adults.
>>
>>966831
These aren't detached homes anymore, these aren't affluent areas. These are literal crack dens selling for millions of dollars. This is hurting communities more than its helping. I literally live in an area with tons of chinese owned houses. The retail center near me is absolutely abandoned except for about 4 stores. All the younger teens around me cant get jobs as nobody is looking. It fucking sucks.
>>
>>966831
>detached home in an affluent area
>affluent

http://www.crackshackormansion.com/
>>
>>966532
>tfw seeing the house prices in Canada

Its like bizzaro world out there

Half a million for a cardboard box
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.