[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily Fantasy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: fdlogo-social.png (4 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
fdlogo-social.png
4 KB, 600x600
Does anyone here run algorithms for daily fantasy? I am thinking of designing a system for the upcoming baseball season. At first it would just be a challenge/excersice but if I got i too a competitive level I might throw some money into it. As a rule I hate gambling, but I think it would be an interesting thing to try.
Any resources for statistics?
Sports you play?
Stories?
Books on Sabermetrics?
Resources for Analysis?(I was going to use MATLAB, would a sql database work better?)
>>
>ITT someone who watched LastWeekTonight this week...
>>
>>963583
2 people
>>
there's a ton of different resources for dfs. it's entirely up to you for what statistics you want, and you can either find raw or processed data from there.

I have done some NFL and tried a free NBA, but I am in the positive overall. I usually look at matchups and compare it to projections from yahoo fantasy. some of it comes from just knowing the game (eg. there's a player out and his replacement is dirt cheap to take) and then sometimes it is gut. that is what I I base my GPP entries on. however, for consistent money, you want to do 50/50s and double ups. this has a bit more science to it because you can research the ownership data of some contests that hint at ownership for other contests. you just have to do better than half the people, so making your line up close to others but different enough as well is key.
>>
I have already done this. I'm not sure why I don't pursue it further - maybe I am just an idiot. Check out my site here. It is a lineup optimizer. You just need to feed it what you expect a player's points to be in the upcoming week.

>https://github.com/geekman1/fantasylineup
>http://geekman1.shinyapps.io/FF_Lineup_Optimizer
>>
>>964085

Also, this is my site where I post my picks from my proprietary algorithm. Currently only doing NFL:

>https://nflprofits.wordpress.com/
>>
>>964092
Have you made any money from your algorithm?
>>
>>964241

Yes
>>
>>964495
a faff and a laff or what?
>>
>>964497

nice
>>
bumping for interest
>>
cool stuff. this is all in R?
>>
>>964034
>>964085
>>964092
Thanks for the info guys
>>
>>963569
>>https://nflprofits.wordpress.com/
Fangraphs, hardball times, and beyond the box score are good websites for sabermetrics. For books, you'll want the Bill James season preview book, or any of the other season preview books, I forget the names of the others. They usually come out in January/February, but you could buy editions from previous years if you wanted to see what kind of info they have.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.