[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Economics/Finance VS Computer Science?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Choice.jpg (8 KB, 256x197) Image search: [Google]
Choice.jpg
8 KB, 256x197
Economics/Finance VS Computer Science?
>>
>>962716
Computer Science

Trust me.
>>
>>962716
What do you want to do with your career? Generally speaking.
>>
>>962716
go into trades, the most physically exhausting one you can do
>>
Are you absolutely brilliant?
>Yes Finance
>No Comp Sci
>>
>>962767
No idea, but I don't mind working 24/7
>>
computer sciencs and make economics a hobby
>>
>>962775
That's what you're saying now...
>>
first year comp sci major here. I don't like it, I can't imagine software "engineering" is any better.

can anybody who works in software give me your thoughts about this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MticYPfFRp8
>>
>>962716
Both nigga
>>
>>962716
Don't ask for career advice on a board that is composed of mostly jobless college students and NEETs.
>>
>>962928
lemme give you some insight: the college students most likely have been given current career advice which they can parrot to the rest
>>
>>962941
Being one of those college students, that may be true, but that doesn't make our advice good or at all generalized.
>>
File: biz neet poll results.png (157 KB, 1051x822) Image search: [Google]
biz neet poll results.png
157 KB, 1051x822
>>962941
According to a poll of exactly 500 people over half of this board is either in college with no job, or NEET.

Keep this in mind when you ask for advice on /biz/. 1/2 chance the person responding has ZERO real world experience.
>>
>>962951
The ones that have experience, a quarter of the board, are more likely to share
>>
>>962773
You have no clue what you are talking about. Lurk more, post less.
>>
>>962957
>The ones that have experience, a quarter of the board, are more likely to share

Actually beginners are the most eager ones to share advice. Because they think they know the most and don't realize their lack of knowledge.

Whereas intelligent people would recognize their lack of knowledge in an area and not share.

Dunning Kruger tbqh f a m
>>
>>962716

Computer Science.

Keep your GPA 3.5+.

Your first job out of school will pay higher than 99% of your colleagues.

3-5 years out of school you will surpass 6-figures in nearly all of the major US cities.

Options. Options.

Source: me
>>
>>962900
SW engineer here.

He's just bitching about his job.

Most people don't like their job.

Whine some more.
>>
neither. ever considered a degree in sucking dick?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.