[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Very bad technical sign
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
File: MAJOR INDICE IN TROUBLE.jpg (862 KB, 3483x1693) Image search: [Google]
MAJOR INDICE IN TROUBLE.jpg
862 KB, 3483x1693
Very bad technical sign
>>
>>962579
Very stupid way to make investment decisions.
>>
>>962579

if stabilization means trouble for you then I feel bad for you friend.
>>
SHSHSHSHSHS watcha ass homie
>>
REVERSAL AGAIN, AGAIN AND AGAIN
>>
>technical analysis
Lmaoing at your life
>>
File: 1437868298130.png (150 KB, 459x462) Image search: [Google]
1437868298130.png
150 KB, 459x462
>Technical Analysis
>>
File: DuckTA.png (250 KB, 805x535) Image search: [Google]
DuckTA.png
250 KB, 805x535
>muh TA
>>
>>963787
I remember and love the original thread...
>>
>>962579
The recession will happen when the Fed raises rates. And it'll be a mild recession and the US will quickly recover.

The rest of the world, however, might be shit outta luck. Particularly europoors.
>>
>>962581
statistics/time series analysis made easy - just draw some funny lines on a chart and interpret them subjectively

I guess it provides some comfort to the mathematically illiterate and gives them some sort of crude framework to make decisions from
>>
>>963713
>>963771
>>963787

New to /biz/, however my uncle who is a chartered accountant told me that I must learn to do it.

Why don't you agree with it?
>>
File: 1428884248604.jpg (155 KB, 896x960) Image search: [Google]
1428884248604.jpg
155 KB, 896x960
>>963787

> bashing TA
> Not buying the break of the beak line
> Had you bought on the right leg (obvious), you would have made a fortune

It is literally just that easy folks. My personal favorite is buying the jizz line on an engulfing penis formation, combined with a 6 moving average oscillators and the position of Jupiter relative to Venus.
>>
>>964012
>my uncle who is a chartered accountant

kek

just read this:

http://www.amazon.com/Evidence-Based-Technical-Analysis-Scientific-Statistical/dp/0470008741
>>
File: 6-laughing-old-man.jpg (12 KB, 244x282) Image search: [Google]
6-laughing-old-man.jpg
12 KB, 244x282
I love reading the posts of you "fundamental analysts" who shit on TA from your home offices. As a result of your "fundamentals" the only "big moves" you catch are the ones you see in a toilet.
>>
>>964121

why do you assume people bashing TA are "fundamental analysts"
>>
>>964158
What else would they be? Sophists? Flat-earthers?
>>
>>964171
people with a basic level of numeracy

people who have some understanding of statistics/econometrics/time series analysis who don't need to draw funny subjective lines on charts...

anyone skeptical of a dubious pseudo scientific field...
>>
>higher highs
>higher lows
>bullish moving average crossover

Yeah, terrible sign
>>
how counts with me?
sp+4 4h, whats about tomorrow
>>
>>965369
or its a fucking +5
>>
>>964184
The only conceivable notion I can come up with for this is Game theory. By knowing the rules others play by you can run circles around them.
>>
>>964184
>http://www.amazon.com/Evidence-Based-Technical-Analysis-Scientific-Statistical/dp/0470008741
Is this worth reading? I think TA is bullshit, and FA is just common sense. Like, it's common sense fiat currencies are going to crash in the next couple of decades, therefore edge with gold and Bitcoin (inb4 grandpas bashing Bitcoin).

I've become rich following my intuition and will continue to do so.
>>
>>964104
kek
>>
>>966509
depends... it is probably worth reading if you're an innumerate TA fanatic who lacks the ability to evaluate things empirically - in that instance it might make you test things properly and not just naively believe in indicators you've read about in books

if you're not interested in short term trading and are more of an investor who already isn't fussed about TA then it isn't worth bothering about

basically it is just the author testing TA techniques and finding they don't work - though he does cite some papers showing some techniques which have some evidence... it is more just a good idea for TA enthusiasts to read as it might make them re-evaluate their thought process

if you already understand statistics etc.. then it is a bit basic and unnecessary
>>
>>962579
i saw a lot more signs than that, recession inbound. thanks for not letting the market turn bearish by keeping rates too low, now you're all fucked.
gonna be a doozy
>>
>>968129
>i saw a lot more signs than that, recession inbound. thanks for not letting the market turn bearish by keeping rates too low, now you're all fucked.
>gonna be a doozy
Peter?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.