[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Next Geek Goldmine
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 22
File: generations-300x257.jpg (36 KB, 300x257) Image search: [Google]
generations-300x257.jpg
36 KB, 300x257
Every generation has its goldmine.

By this, I mean something tech-related the average person could have bought and sold for 10,000% gains or more. Not stocks.

Baby Boomers: 1800 numbers

Generation X: Domain names

Millennials: Bitcoins

Generation Z: ?????????

Will you have the vision to invest in what's next?
>>
Probably drug patents if TPP passes
>>
Generation Z: War will be the most profitable venture, act now
>>
>>962454
in the future all payment and communication will happen through memes. And since this is /biz/: They will be jew memes.
>>
File: ZNKvbgD.jpg (192 KB, 419x610) Image search: [Google]
ZNKvbgD.jpg
192 KB, 419x610
>>962473
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x1136
>>962454
Ethereum.
>>
>>962454
Blowjobs.
>>
File: 1440395761020.jpg (102 KB, 500x454) Image search: [Google]
1440395761020.jpg
102 KB, 500x454
Automation. Too bad I didn't get a degree in computer science or something. God damn I even considered doing it. Now I'm just learning to code on the side and hope to get ahead whilst continuing my normal carreer
>>
>>962454
Land in the poorer areas of major cities, particularly in countries with high birth rates. I figure we're due for another expansion of cities in the next couple decades, and I don't see it slowing down with how the population is growing.

The common theme of all of these is that they are all limited resources. Land is limited and as the world's population rises, the price of land will rise too.

As it stands, there are places where you can buy buildings and land for dirt cheap in ghettos. If the price of living in cities continues to go up, the poor people who live there will end up getting forced farther outward and the land you buy there today for a dollar will be worth a grand.

Maybe it's not as lucrative or as sure as the other things, but at the very least you'll have somewhere to live if you bust. That's better than nothing.
>>
>>963368
I should say that it isn't nessarily geek, but if you only focus on one sector you're going to miss opportunities in other sectors to make a killing.
>>
>>962454

robotics will take off in a few years mark my words

Real robotics aka Bicentennial Man kinda shit
>>
Look for battery tech. With solar wind and other forms of energy being used appropriately in respective climates ( i.e. solar is southwest US, Africa, etc) battery tech will be the one universal tool for storing that energy.

Think local battery storage as transmission lines will be costly to maintain and repair. Possibly look into previous metals used in these batteries when the time really comes.

Land as always is a good investment unless there is an epidemic/large catastrophic event.

As for gen z specifically, I imagine virtual world tech will be big. Think sensors in all devices generating a virtual world in which you could travel via immersive tech and such. Want to see china? Don't have to sit on a plane for 10+hours, pop in your simulator and explore the red light districts in Beijing.
>>
>>962462

What? I thought the TPP was in action from 5th October, am I missing something?
>>
>Millennials: Bitcoins

It hasn't even begun. You will probably kill yourself in 10 years once you understand what Bitcoin meant as you can't fully contextualize it. Due math, 1.2K ATH was shit nothing, the supply is limited, there will not be 1 BTC for everyone. The mainstream media is already pushing it. There will not better investment in our lifetimes beyond Bitcoin, we are still on the early stage phases.

Obviously there will not be "hold for 3 years and retire" investments anymore, but you can still get 21 BTC now and retire in 10 to 15 years. Screencap my shit and print it to use as paper tissue for your tears by then if you still don't get it and didn't listen.
>>
File: upupUP.jpg (132 KB, 307x464) Image search: [Google]
upupUP.jpg
132 KB, 307x464
>Millennials: tulip bulbs

It hasn't even begun. You will probably kill yourself in 10 years once you understand what tulip bulbs meant as you can't fully contextualize it. Due math, 1.2K ATH was shit nothing, the supply is limited, there will not be 1 tulip bulb for everyone. The mainstream media is already pushing it. There will not better investment in our lifetimes beyond tulip bulbs, we are still on the early stage phases.

Obviously there will not be "hold for 3 years and retire" investments anymore, but you can still get 21 tulip bulbs now and retire in 10 to 15 years. Screencap my shit and print it to use as paper tissue for your tears by then if you still don't get it and didn't listen.
>>
>>962470
this desu, if you're truly immoral you can profit immensely from war, and there's going to be another major one sometime in the next couple of decades
>>
>>963371

Agreed, but how does the average person participate? I can buy a domain. I can buy a bitcoin.

And don't say stocks. Stock picking is barely a step up from gambling.
>>
>>963534
Laughed my ass off. If this isn't a troll post then you have some major mental and psychological issues.
>>
>>963447
>Look for battery tech

But Tesla is already inflated to hell
>>
File: 1443234635374.gif (993 KB, 400x323) Image search: [Google]
1443234635374.gif
993 KB, 400x323
>>963624

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/imf-unable-to-supply-the-currency-needed-to-counter-speculative-attack-using-bitcoin/

Bitcoin is so insignificant that the International Monetary Fund are debating the long term implications of it, and their senior legal counsel has advised that their only hope in the event of a speculative attack is to acquire a significant quantity of Bitcoins right fucking now before they become too expensive. That is their only insurance option. Things are about to get extremely fucking real during this bout of dollar hyperinflation but you're a butthurt graper that can't handle tech progress.

Eat shit. Bitcoin is well above your level.
>>
>>963816
>not using an impartial source
you're not preaching to the choir, anyone can see right through that
>>
File: martinshkreli.jpg (75 KB, 1484x833) Image search: [Google]
martinshkreli.jpg
75 KB, 1484x833
>>962462
they will probably amend that now, thanks to this guy
>>
>>963847
>the fucking economist is praising Bitcoin
Even the mainstream media plebs get it. Yet all you can do is resert to a vapid "lol my ass off" reply while having *absolutely no idea* about Bitcoin.
>Plassaras asserts that the IMF is ill-equipped to handle the widespread use of digital currencies in the foreign exchange market, and a theoretical speculative attack from bitcoin users.

>A speculative attack in the foreign exchange market is the massive selling of a country's currency assets by both domestic and foreign investors.

>If this happens, the nation's central bank would need to already possess bitcoin reserves in order to offset the attack, and if it does not have enough bitcoin, it would turn to the IMF for assistance, if it is a member.

>However, the IMF does not have any bitcoin currently, and will find it challenging to obtain enough bitcoin for their reserves. Further, if there is a speculative attack by a bitcoin holder, the IMF's current rules do not allow the agency to acquire bitcoin.

This lawyer thinks the IMF needs to start acquiring bitcoin reserves, either by requiring member countries to pay a portion of their subscription in bitcoin, or by purchasing bitcoin directly, and the longer they wait, the harder it will be to acquire substantial reserves. Whoa.
>>
>>963816
So... some random lawyer from some obscure law firm is saying the IMF needs to prepare in case Bitcoin becomes mainstream? Hmm....

I love the way IMF responds:
> it’s too limited a phenomenon to have any macroeconomic significance or financial stability implications
> bitcoin is “for money laundering.”
> suspicious
Any response that was non scathing was just an attempt for them to be diplomatic. "Something to watch". Pshhh

Wow and this is an article that is PRO Bitcoin? Yikes. I would hate to hear the full excerpts. Protip: Nobody with any real amount of intelligence takes Bitcoin seriously. Nobody who isn't "invested" in this ponzi scheme thinks Bitcoin is ever going to be mainstream.
>>
>>962454
Knee pads
>>
>>963882
https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-battered-jamie-dimon-christine-203131241.html

The IMF might buy bitcoins, bitcoins might become a bubble again, but that's the thing, I am not here to gamble, I am here to do my research and find opportunities for which there is compelling evidence in support of, not rumors by shills. If you want to achieve 10%+ annualized over the long term you don't take risks like this or indulge in petty foibles like a fixation with bitcoin, you find better opportunities.

If I had to put money on whether the IMF will buy bitcoins or not I would assume the IMF won't bother.

1: the amount of people who own bitcoins and are engaging in speculation are too insignificant to affect a currency
2: if bitcoin fails due to blockchains getting too large or whatever it will be viewed as incompetence
3: they don't want to lend credence to bitcoins which are controversial and unpopular among some governments, their customers
4: the IMF has to maintain a reputation for making sensible low risk investments
>>
Generation Z: A small, sleek and portable kitchen appliance with easy pre-set buttons that'd heat up your Mexican tortilla chips to that classic restaurant-style warmth, that could easily be tucked away in a cabinet.
>>
File: Traits-of-Money_.png (195 KB, 662x394) Image search: [Google]
Traits-of-Money_.png
195 KB, 662x394
>>963985
>all fiats headed to a guaranteed collapse
>not betting on superior money
C.u.c.k or just dumb.
>>
>>963665

Buy lithium producers
>>
3D printing is getting shit on pretty hard on the street nowadays, which means chances are it blows up. just not sure which company will come out on top
>>
>>964529
You forgot, volatile: high
No consumer protection: high
>>
>>962454
>bitcoins
Lol'd and stopped reading
Sage
>>
>>964547
>volatile
The marketcap is tiny, not even 5 billions vs 50 billions of a company like Uber. This only makes you more of an idiot to not seeing this unique opportunity.

>No consumer protection:

Chargebacks are anti-consumer protection. Tell all the idiots that get their credit cards stolen. No chargebacks is a feature. In any case, there will always be workaround around this so even the biggest average Joe dumbasses get in and profit from it. You can mention ANYTHING, and I can prove your critique is lack of education on Bitcoin. Go fucking study with sidechains is, maggot.

Bitcoin has already won, the question here is, HOW are you going to cope with it.
>>
>>963913
Underrated post desu
>>
>>963522
What passed was the Trade Promotion Authority bill that only allows Congress an up or down vote with no amendments. The whole text got released two weeks ago, and Congress is looking over it now. With any luck, and the right amount of activism and pressure, they'll see this for the abomination it is and vote it down. Obongo plans to sign it early next year. If you're against this, there's still a decent chance to stop it.
>>
>>963534
I do believe there'll be a nostalgia market for bitcoins when I'm my parents' age. Too many intense emotions associated with them not to. But I don't quite get how one goes about actually buying one of these things, and my bank's advisors are useless.
>>
>>964960
I don't have time to read all 4000 pages and don't trust anyone's synopsis. Any links to key passages I should be aware of before I write my representative?
>>
>>963368
Traditionally population kind of bubbles in areas of cities due to demographic growth.
And areas which are popular now, get filled with old people and become less vibrant and attractive.
Historically the answer to what your talking about has been suburban flight.
When this happens inner city areas literally start to fall apart because the building need more input than there is projected profits. Think New York in the 80's and 90's.

If anything and keeping in tune with the thread software which delivers suburban property to articulate demographics in a fresh new exciting way would be more profitable than the properties it would be selling
>>
>>963534
Why havent you killed yourself yet?
>>
>>964001
nice
>>
>>964543
So learning skills related to it is not advisable other than to have a gimmicky hobby?
>>
Water
>>
>>964529

In one way pitcoin fails big time which is never mentioned is tactility/availability. If you drop your bitcoin wallet you will never again see your cash. no one will for the next 5000 years. If you drop some cash and realize it only afterwards, you can go back and still pick it up.

Also, how the fuck do people counterfeit gold?
>>
>>966738
This. Blue fucking gold.
>>
>>966749
Tungsten filled bars
>>
>>966786
>blue
triggered
>>
>>966749
How can you drop your bitcoin wallet if it's digital you dumb fudster.
>>
>>967310
you could forget your password of wallet or die ,and security is a thing taken very seriously in bitcoin,google james howell
>>
>>962454
Had a reply typed out, but 4chan ate it, so here's the TL;DR:
You need to be able to wait a few years, but those were required for the crazy gains you mentioned, so here goes.
Highest to lowest gains that I predict:

--water (will be the first resource to bottleneck, food will follow shortly after)
--food (can't have crops or livestock without water, so when water goes in short supply food will too)
--residential land (people need somewhere to live)
--farmland (people need somewhere to grow food)
--clean energy (since people care, the industry will grow faster)
--medicine (with less food per capita, many more people will get sick, and any company offering relief will be great, but a luxury)

We're seeing the trends already -- people are getting fed up with their wages. Whether I agree isn't the issue, but if they succeed labor will leave the country and we're screwed. Hence, I'd say that the essentials in the USA (since people have the money for them for now) are good, we're going to see a new wave of that. But I'd also say that it'd be good to invest in semi-luxuries overseas (India, China, and even Africa), since as their economies grow due to even MORE jobs leaving, they'll be able to buy more.

I think that, in Africa, medicine would be a great industry since people could start to afford it when this happens.
In Asia, cheap electronics companies, telecom providers, and the like would be excellent for the value investor.
In Europe, people might want to take their mind off of immigration and be better prepared for terrorism. Possibly a company dealing with that.

Not to get /pol/ here, but this is one of few benefits I see to a Democratic candidate getting elected -- raising the minimum wage would make the above issues happening more likely.

TLDR:
>Asian electronics
>African medicine and quasi-luxuries
>European defense/consumer elec
>Worldwide water/food
>American, European, Far East Asian land
>Energy in places like Calif and Japan
>>
>>967715
(cont. a little bit)
And anyone arguing for bitcoin is looking to the past for future money. It's hard to spend and targeted towards investors, who USES it anymore? Now who USES 1800 numbers (tons of people) or dotcom domains (tons)?

The world is hitting saturation levels. Unless a massive war happens IN the West (unlikely to be fought on our home turf), anyone with a brainstem and cash should be investing in the above.

I'd also suggest not just buying stocks. I'd say real estate that produces something > real estate that produces nothing > stocks. Like, buy a factory or a generator or a parcel of farmland or something. Whenever this bottleneck OR war happens (it doesn't matter, same result), you'll have some power over your resources. Then you can charge for them -- your passive income just skyrocketed AND the property value did too.

I'm trying to get a tech business up and running for this precise reason -- with the drama in Europe, it seems a war in the Middle East or in Europe in coming, and I want to be able to profit.
>>
>>962470
How would you invest in war?
>>
>>964543
My company is experimenting with 3d metal printers now. And yes, we are a war company. Not sure how thats going to work out considering how long it takes to 3d print anything. Our large printer we just set up on a job... $500k printer, locked down for 125 hours for one job. Not that many plastic products out there that are worth locking down a half million dollar printer for a week.
>>
IPv4 numbers. It's a long story but this is a thing. Basically it's cheaper for companies to buy the hold numbers than upgrade their infrastructure.
>>
Ideas, however. I'm rooting for the actual drug trade to kick off. None of this baby internet bitcoin thing.
>>
tailor made drugs/nootropics

>>967756
early computers were even more expensive and took even longer to use
>>
>>967715
water and food won't bottleneck in any western country, they're easy fixes.
>>
It all depends on what direction we head in -- if tech and society progress, invest in luxuries such as

>>967894
Water will bottleneck -- we already see it in California. There's a limited amount of water on the planet that has to be distributed to many people. If we're in the middle of a recession or a war, as I predict happening within the next 2 decades, then any drought that affects civilians will become a catastrophe that is not paid attention to since there are more important problems. And - if we're in a recession - we'll have fewer resources to devote to water generation, meaning shortages; while - if we're in a war - people who would be working in the facilities would be gone fighting, meaning shortages.

At that point, food will start to bottleneck because crops take water to produce and livestock take crops and water to produce. Simple as that. And if we're in a massive recession where the dollar collapses, it'll be harder to import food.

The exception is any producer that focuses on the military (if it's a war), they'll have business out the wazoo.

People will still want luxuries, but only have a very limited amount of money for them, which is why I suggest non-necessary medicines (targeted towards Africans and Americans), cheapo electronics (Asians and Americans), and things that we don't consider luxuries but people in a much less fortunate region might, in general.

Hence, I revise my suggestions:
>wait for signs of large-scale recession/conflict to see if my predictions come true
>short things that relate to American water and food, especially taking into account droughts and geography (e.g. harder to get food from Cali than from New York)
>wait until the stocks drop, then buy them since water/food will make a rebound eventually
>buy farmland once the prices plummet
>if people go away for war, take note of where they leave from and buy real estate in nearby regions once the prices drop; they'll want to come back.
>buy energy in up-&-coming areas
>>
>>967749
obviously sell kalashnikovs to corrupt african rulers. Hasn't nicholas cage taught you anything?
>>
>>963314
I also believe in automation though I'd rather take handle the biz side of it, it's one of my long term goals. I think I could eventually get my foot in the corp automation world as long as I keep building my biz skillzzz.
>>
>>963534
i really hope it doesn't take off, I sold too early.
>>
>>967715
do you think it's worth it to GTFO of the West in the next five year and invest in Asian/African markets?
>>
File: 1419287761707.gif (316 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1419287761707.gif
316 KB, 500x500
>>967756
im not surprised it takes that long to print your mum fucking machine.
>>
>>963545
underrated post
>>
File: seeking_alpha-lithium.png (323 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
seeking_alpha-lithium.png
323 KB, 640x359
>>964542
that bull is scheduled for next year.
>>
>>963534
The economist has it on it's magazine, no one really understands the magnitude of why that's important.

Im just wondering the time frame now.
>>
File: CLC5YRFUwAAiVEv.png (94 KB, 429x468) Image search: [Google]
CLC5YRFUwAAiVEv.png
94 KB, 429x468
>>963534
>bitcoins

absolute no GNU shit involving money will ever work other than hipsters buying speed on silkroad. why, because if it is open source noone takes the responsibility if it crashes and it will.. no sick japanese hashkio fukomoto cryptographie is as strong now that it couldn't be broken by some neckbeard savant 20 years from now.
>>
>>969811
>le rothschild meme!
>nu werld order gais!
kek
>>
>>969821
>hashkio fukomoto
his name is hiroshima fukomoto
>>
>>968713
It takes longer than that, shit, thats a 2 week lockdown. If you wanna troll, come up with something more imaginative than a bad yo-mama joke. ::sigh:: noobs.
>>
>>969913
What the kek did you just topkek say about me, you little kek? I’ll have you know I graduated topkek of my kek in the Topkek Keks, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret topkeks on Al-Topkek, and I have over 300 confirmed keks. I am trained in topkek warfare and I’m the top kek in the entire Topkek armed keks. You are nothing to me but just another topkek. I will wipe you the kek out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Topkek, mark my topkek words. You think you can get away with saying that kek to me over the Topkek? Think again, topkek. As we speak I am contacting my secret topkek of keks across the Topkek and your Topkek is being traced right now so you better prepare for the topkek, kek. The kek that wipes out the pathetic little topkek you call your lkek. You’re topkek dead, kek. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred keks, and that’s just with my bare keks. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed topkek, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Topkek Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable kek off the face of the continent, you little kek. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” kek was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your topkek tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the kek, you goddamn kek. I will kek fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re topkek dead, kek.
>>
A lot of the top thinkers are saying space and/or energy will be the next "internet" in terms of huge booms. That being said, is there a way to legally purchase rights to distant stars and planets from now?

Have your family legally own them until there is technology to reach them, and some faggot company wants to purchase the rights to live on them for billions.
>>
>>969951
Yo mama :-) (that was beautiful!!! Thank you!! I feel personally insulted as does my mama and my mamas mama.)
>>
>>963545
Tulip Mania is literally nothing like Bitcoin speculation.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/tulip-mania-nothing-bitcoin-1392560420
>>
>>962454
it's so clearly memes
>>
>>963905
You have no idea what a ponzi scheme is lol
>>
>>970006
bitcoin is a ponzi scheme the first ones who used their time and electricity to mine bitcoins have already booked their profits when it was upwards of $1000
>>
>>964965
>But I don't quite get how one goes about actually buying one of these things, and my bank's advisors are useless.

you buy bitcoin on a exchange like coinbase, you spend it with a card they just released. or by paying directly with bitcoin on your smartphone, use the mycelium app. Some states are banned in most bitcoin exchanges so when sign up you cannot continue.
>>
File: Bitcoin%20Inflation[1].png (46 KB, 813x603) Image search: [Google]
Bitcoin%20Inflation[1].png
46 KB, 813x603
>>963545

bitcoin doesn't get interesting until 2030.

check image
>>
>>968711
No, if there's a war the West is a great place to short stock or to invest when it hits the bottom. The West will ALWAYS need food, water, electricity, and land.

TLDR of my post:
Take the countries that supply goods for the war, invest in luxuries for those countries. Think consumer electronics.
Take the countries that are affected by but not in the war, invest in consumer goods that would aid in their defense (like guns and stuff).
Take the countries that are affected by and in the war, invest in things you need for soldiers (like medicine, guns, MRE suppliers).
Take the countries in the West, invest in land that is a source of passive income preferably. What do I mean? Anything from tiny parcels of farmland to factories to power plants. That way you get the return during a wartime of a passive income AND the real estate value will boom after the war. Win-win.

Of course, this all hinges on a war happening. That doesn't seem unlikely, though.

This is why I'm trying my hardest to get a technology company up and running within 5 years, so that I can sell it -- if there's a world war coming, it's the PERFECT time for investors who are street smart. Buy land when the values crash, buy stocks when the values crash, it's all going to go back up.

If I had a million dollars at the start of this hypothetical world war, I could turn it into 50 million by the end. Someone is making money off of this stuff - might as well be me.
>>
Weylian electronics.

Highly experimental. You probably won't find much on it online yet. This will be the most revolutionary thing to happen to electronics since the discovery of the conductive wire.

I would also keep an eye out for bioinformatics as a whole. That field is moving faster than you think.
>>
File: lolz.jpg (31 KB, 573x609) Image search: [Google]
lolz.jpg
31 KB, 573x609
>>970304
i can make you a graph about negative correlation of inflation and porn hours streamed. bitcoin has nothing to do with inflation but sure believe what you want.
>>
I don't know why OP is getting shit for mentioning bitcoin

Anyone who acquired bitcoins for dirt cheap during its early stages and then sold them when they hit $1000+ in value, would have made a ridiculous profit. So that seems to fit in with what he's saying....
>>
>>971090
Someone on this forum has a grudge against Bitcoin.

Deliberately slides all Bitcoin topics.
>>
>>968361
What about water desalination technologies? they might blow up in case of war/recession
>>
File: Dog belittle.png (39 KB, 407x365) Image search: [Google]
Dog belittle.png
39 KB, 407x365
>>970002
>bitcoinmagazine
>>
>>971454
someone here are multiple people who have lost money after investing in bc at 1000+ levels
>>
>>970915
>Weylian electronics
What is that? Who is Wey or Weyl?
>>
What about green gold, could I possibly get somene insight/ opinions on marijuana and the possibility of investing in such. It's only a matter of time before it's a functional industry.
>>
>>962454
Technology / automatisation / IT

Look at how dated every governmental institution their IT structure is.

It is very profitable to do large projects in this sector.
>>
So to sum up no one has any credible ideas
>>
>>972649
Smart contracts.

Distributed computing

The sharing economy

Crypto

There you go. There's 4 potential geek goldmines.
>>
>>963545
kek
>>
>>971758
I might spend some of my part-time werkbux on bitcoin while I'm in college, really. I don't really spend much on entertainment or anything.
>>
Electric Vehicles
Efficient Batteries
Li-Fi
Hyperloop or High speed rail and maglev
Advanced superhuman AI
Basic automation

Pick one

We have an aging population, all these are going to be useful in the future. There's so much innovation now that we probably dont even know what the next big thing is.
>>
>>962454

>Thinks buttcoin is a goldmine.

KEK!
>>
>>970924
>bitcoin has nothing to do with bitcoin inflation
If you can't even read basic charts it's understandable that you don''t understand bitcoin.
>>
>>966786
>blue
>>
>>971885
oh look at that, three days after my post this comes up.

http://www.iflscience.com/physics/material-universe-study-predicts-new-type-exotic-particle
>inb4 ifl science

Anyways, this is the type II particle and is only hypothesised, but the type I particle is proven to exist (was proven a few months ago).

A type I Weyl fermion is a particle with electrical charge but no mass, i.e. electrically charged light. It does not lose electrical charge, momentum nor change direction until it interacts with another Weyl fermion. This is why it's so absolutely revolutionary. The current travels at the speed of light, does not lose any energy in terms of waste heat and doesn't react with any other particles. Put 2 and 2 together, anon.
>>
Building condos in the antartic, once it melts down. It will be just like a second australia.
>>
>>964529
not kek
>>
>>968361
do you not realize how much fucking water there is in the oceans
do you not realize that it's perfectly possible to desalinate water
>but that costs money
completely irrelevant when the other option is death
>>
>>972773
Distributed computing is already big. The Xbox One would have used the cloud to play games if it weren't for consumers telling them to fuck off with the always online.
>>
>>975786
The cloud is centralized. Distributed means p2p.
>>
Airboards, anyone?

They are the skateboards of the 2010's.
>>
>>967725

>Being this oblivious to the severe threat of a new Spanish Flu pandemic that would destroy the profit margins on investments that predict greater consumption of natural resources

People have forgotten all about disease.

My prediction is that a huge fucking outbreak is just scheduled to occur. Just think about how many more people there are in the world and what kind of conditions they currently live in. If you're having an exponential increase in people, and an exponential increase in population density, you're getting an exponential increase in the risk of a massive disease outbreak. It is like piling up an enormous mountain of tinder and expecting it never to catch fire.

Medicine is the one. Medicine will always be in demand, whether the big disease happens or not.
>>
>>976333
Big Pharma is always nice. Have any particular recommendations on which to buy?
>>
>>976351
Pharmacist.
Look into monoclonal antibody treatments.
Typically end in -nab
>>
>>962454
>Millennials
They have apps
>>
>>974562
>It will be just like a second australia.
you say that like it's a good thing
>>
>>968701
You took profits.
Now take your losses and get back on the train.
>>
>thinking bitcoins will ever be relevant

>not knowing that if they ever become big enough the government will fuck it up so people have to pay taxes on them
>>
File: babyinasuit.jpg (55 KB, 464x274) Image search: [Google]
babyinasuit.jpg
55 KB, 464x274
>>968361
>>970901

>le 17 year old property investors

Just go back to /v/.
>>
>>967715
>planet is literally 75% water
>invest in water guise, to the moon xD

Stopped reading right there
>>
File: happiness.jpg (337 KB, 1280x989) Image search: [Google]
happiness.jpg
337 KB, 1280x989
I hope it would be life extension science, also known as anti-aging medicine.
>>
>>977226
Water purifying will probably be a good thing to invest in, most of the worlds water is not fresh, so give it some time and we are gonna see a ton of salt to fresh water conversion, creating a pretty big market for filters
>>
>>977226
Not physical water but water technology. There's a ton of water but most isn't drinkable
>>
>>970294
BTC nearlydoubled from October to early this month so...
What the fuck are you on about?
You can still make a profit off of bitcoins.
Is it the best investment?
I don't fucking know, but you can make a profit of off it fairly easily depending on when you buy and sell so its not a "Ponzi scheme".

A lot of internet coins did go that sorta way, however so you kind of have a point, but its too late for that particular kind of manipulation.

I don't know if it will or won't last, but the math is the math.
>>
>>963305
>alt-coiners

Hehehe
>>
>>978433
Fucking hell. You're still here? Go away already and stop bumping this terrible thread.
>>
>>962470
http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2013/06/20/3-ace-stocks-for-firearms-investors.aspx

Don't shit down my neck your input led me to this page.
>>
File: 402error.jpg (38 KB, 246x256) Image search: [Google]
402error.jpg
38 KB, 246x256
Thank you all for your thought provoking responses.

I'm Gen X and my goldmine was domain names. I missed out on bitcoins and believe it's too late for any huge profits. Any large investment in bitcoins is pure currency speculation in my opinion. However I do believe bitcoin use will increase. If it were possible, I would buy shares of CoinBase in a heartbeat.
>>
>>976351
>>976362
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Influenza_treatment

Check the treatments section and see the prevalence of use. Most likely vaccines will at the forefront of the next outbreak, and you know we'll produce at the level of millions of units in one go.
>>
>>962454
Maybe legit looking social media accounts for shilling purposes? Astroturfing and shilling things like fb comment sections is actually becoming a real thing used by corporations and governments.

Look at the ukraine/russia thing. Probably millions being spent by both sides plus their supporters to garner support at home and abroad.
>>
The NXT cryptocurrency has the option to store key-value pairs in the network, bound to your account. Costs 1 nxt coin per registration. If the network ever takes off, those can be used as urls or accountnames. All 4 letter words have been taken, as have most well known company names etc. Bur i managed to snatch some nice names anyway.
>>
>>980021
You can see which aliases have been registered on mynxt.info (blockchain explorer for nxt)
>>
>>980021

pfft NXT will never work

giving 73 investors 100% of the currency that will ever exist? Good ponzi scheme.
>>
I've seen hoards of novel crypto-assets make $1+ valuations and do this consistently. It doesn't always happen with every asset but every asset that has technological potential (beyond just hype) seems to gain a huge market cap in the millions. This means that if you constantly monitor new developments in technology and the blockchain scene: you can buy 10k worth of a new asset when its still worth a pittance and increase it over 1000%. If you thought penny stocks were incredible, alt-coins swing even harder than penny stocks, and usually with the force of several suns. It's just that most investors won't have the required technical skills to assess whether an asset makes a novel contribution or whether its just hot air, which is why you haven't heard of more millionaires.

All the people getting rich from this are nerds and they're keeping quiet about it for tax reasons. Jesus christ, if you faggots even knew how much I had right now ... sometimes I can't believe it myself but EVERY asset is a profitable long position if you discard the crap coins. Start reading white papers and get rich. That's how it works in the blockchain scene.
>>
>>980051
Every coin will eventually have a distribution like that, just like wealth always distributes unevenly. The coin that will win in the end is the one that will be adapted by the current big financial powers. At that point, there will be a small rich group and a big group fighting for scraps, same as it ever was. Look at the evolution of mining power in btc. We are already in centralized territory.

Muh honest money is a pipe dream, power structures and power laws are the reality. Nxt is as "fairly" distributed as any coin that will be widely used will ever be.
>>
>>980057
Would you like to give your opinion on stellar and dash as i read into the basics (no whitepapers) and didnt hear anything greatly convincing, but they seem to have made their way to the top of the current crypto market.
>>
>>980065
Dash's main innovation was it's privacy feature which was accomplished through the coin-join protocol. This protocol - while being quite novel at the time - has since been replaced by better approaches. For example, atomic cross-chain transfers are a way of exchanging crypto-assets between blockchains without a third-party. Such an approach allows the transfers to be anonymized as there's effectively no link between the chains. It's all done based on cryptography and kind of semi-zero knowledge proof type stuff. So IMO, Dash is one of those old-school coins that was initially quite innovative but has since been replaced by better stuff (I.E. Monero-style ring signatures.) I would not invest in this as the market for Dash is largely inflated by manipulators.

Then there's stellar. Stellar is basically a fork of the original Ripple code, which was in fact extremely innovative. I believe Ripple's main contribution was the introduction of a new consensus algorithm that -wasn't- based on proof-of-work. The name "Ripple" is a lot like the consensus algorithm that powers it: where consensus rapidly populates across the servers on the network based on quorums, and while I can't say if Steller is worth investing in - I will say that the underlying technology behind Ripple is sound - so much so that it may be a valid contender to blockchain technology for banks. But -only- if quorums are provably sound. The biggest problem with ripple-style consensus is it's very hard to mathematically prove the cryptographic hardiness of the underling network because rather than being based on say: computational complexity - quorums are based a lot more trust relationships between peers - which could potentially be corruptible.

My advice: keep turning over stones until you find something that is being overlooked by the majority (either because they don't have a product yet or they're still embryonic.) Enough money has been already made on Dash and Stellar so its too late.
>>
>>980094
Great thanks
>>
Strong bitcoin shills in this thread.
>>
>>980057
>>980094

As a beginner, how would you recommend I get into becoming well versed with crypto-assets, getting to a point where I can monitor new developments and understand what the hell they mean and the price implications of those developments? I got into crypto for a month or two last year and got burned hard as I followed twitter waves and hunches with no technical analysis whatsoever.
>>
>>980460
>cryptos
>TA
Yikes, bro.
>>
>>972201
Canadian marijuana stocks.
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 960x720
Pulp and paper
>>
File: 3LHSrkb.png (291 KB, 425x320) Image search: [Google]
3LHSrkb.png
291 KB, 425x320
>>980460
>no technical analysis whatsoever.
>>
>>980460
Share with me the twitter accounts please.
>>
>>980094
>Dash's main innovation was it's privacy feature which was accomplished through the coin-join protocol. This protocol - while being quite novel at the time - has since been replaced by better approaches. For example, atomic cross-chain transfers are a way of exchanging crypto-assets between blockchains without a third-party. Such an approach allows the transfers to be anonymized as there's effectively no link between the chains. It's all done based on cryptography and kind of semi-zero knowledge proof type stuff. So IMO, Dash is one of those old-school coins that was initially quite innovative but has since been replaced by better stuff (I.E. Monero-style ring signatures.) I would not invest in this as the market for Dash is largely inflated by manipulators.

Then there's stellar. Stellar is basically a fork of the original Ripple code, which was in fact extremely innovative. I believe Ripple's main contribution was the introduction of a new consensus algorithm that -wasn't- based on proof-of-work. The name "Ripple" is a lot like the consensus algorithm that powers it: where consensus rapidly populates across the servers on the network based on quorums, and while I can't say if Steller is worth investing in - I will ...

Translation: Ima fucking shill, Ima fucking shill, ima dump these coins all over your dumb fat head, ima dump these coins all over your face, ima fucking shill. My name is r0ach
>>
>>980094
Also monero sucks my balls le captin scam mcIPO to high 420
>>
>>981021
>says the Bitcoin shill
How ironic.
>>
>>963816
>current year
>dollar hyperinflation

kek
it isn't 2012
bernanQE is over
everyone wants dollars
stop watching peter schiff
i laff u lose
>>
>>964001
where do i buy
>>
Blue Star Airlines & Anacott Steel.

Buffett just took a minority position in both, and has said he'd like to take them both over in the future. Read about it in his last 10k annual report.
>>
you fucking cryptocurrency faggots derailed and killed this board. goddamn retard-fueled speculation is not an investment-opportunity-of-a-generation
>>
>>972792
As well as an aging population, younger populations are getting increasingly lazy, making mass-produced automation much more appealing
>>
>>981056

Lol i got it
>>
>>962454
Rare genes.

With genetic modification, transfer rights to specific genes will become rare.
>>
>>963305
its deflationary unlike btc which is why its more utilitarian, hardly a get rich quick coin
>>
>>963870
Needs to buyout a toothpaste company tbqhwy family baka
>>
>>981070
This board was created for crypto. If you dont like it you can leave
>>
>>981379
You mean soon will all be crypto posts from the coming paradigm shift.
>>
>>981323
You mean inflationary. Btc is deflationary.
>>
>>981389
You mean you'll start crypto posting because the paradigm shift happened.
>>
>>981392
>It's funny how BTCers still think there's going to be a happening
>>
File: 1448173295007.jpg (5 KB, 187x249) Image search: [Google]
1448173295007.jpg
5 KB, 187x249
I hate how people throw the word generation around so casually.
Generations aren't so black and white to the point where you can just slap a time frame on a one specific trend and give it a name.
>>
>>981413
to be fair, the word 'generation' is pretty helpful in describing age brackets. When it comes to markets which you can appeal to, the age groups differ wildly, with some overlap on the top and bottom of the range.
>>
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/goldman-sachs-has-big-predictions-for-the-blockchain/

Crypto is going mainstream, nocoiners. We are way past the point of return.
>>
>>966786
Blue mane
>>
>>982841
Yea but the banks are backing fucking ethereum
>>
>>982904

where is this stated? I bought some eth to hedge my bets but i'd still like to know if this is true or not
>>
>>982946
R3 and some major banks are going to use ethereum for there privite sidechains. As much as I dont like vialik or eth apparently this shit is the real deal.
>>
>>982841
Great article. I guess it has begun. I think Bitcoin has a couple years left, tops. Banks just BTFO the whole crypto market. Obviously there will still be dark market usage but the days of cryptocurrency are coming to an end.
>>
>>963534

>Every bag-holder ever
>>
>>972201

Dead end. Its just too easy to grow, it can never be a high value crop. You could grow a lifetime supply for basically zero input costs.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.