[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Credit Cards
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: jew.jpg (20 KB, 477x325) Image search: [Google]
jew.jpg
20 KB, 477x325
Guys I'm 18 and just got my first credit card.

Red pill me on this brehs. I'm autistic and don't know anything.
>>
>>960712
Pay it off in full everymonth. Nothing more to it really.
>>
Max it out over a few months then just start paying the minimum payment to build your credit score.
>>
>>960716
I plan on doing this.

Will using my credit card often, and then paying it off in full, make my credit score any good?

>>960720
This sounds like a bad idea?
>>
>>960720
I actually recommend this instead tbqh.

Minimum payments are always good, it shows your creditors you're willing to stay with them and not avoid payment.
>>
>>960720
>>960722
Don't do that OP. Whenever you use your credit card, just whip your phone out to make the payment. That's literally all there is to it.
>>
>>960721
You have to use credit to build your credit score.. I'm assuming your first card came with a limit of 1-5k? If so this is your best bet.
>>
>>960724
Don't listen to this guy.

If you try to pay too soon they tack on a 10% increase, so it's better to just pay it off next month or the months following it.
>>
>>960712
Cut it up tonight. The only way to financial peace is by walking hand in hand with the prince of peace, Christ Jesus.
>>
>>960729
I've never heard of fee for paying early. Whenever I see a charge on my credit card I just transfer $ on the bank app and that's that. I'm in Canada, so maybe that's why.
>>
>>960736
No no OP is better off maxing out his cards then making minimum payments like the other poster suggested.
>>
>>960724
yeah don't try to pay it off instantaneously as the charge won't even appear until after a few days. check your balance from time to time and when you see the balance then pay it off.

also dont use your card unless you know you would be able to afford whatever you're buying with what you have in your bank account. the only reason to use a credit card is to 1) build your credit score and 2) get rewards points/ cash back but now theyre making cash back debit cards so we'll see what happens in the future
>>
>>960712
Dude. You covered up the wrong numbers. The last 4 are the easiest for any criminal or identity thief to get. You should cover it all up. But if you insist, cover all EXCEPT the last 4digits. That shit shows up online, in bank statements, etc.

Also. Just dont use it, or pay it in full every month.
Also, your first credit card, never never close that account. Let that bitch age.
>>
>>960720

lol
>>
>>960782
This isn't his, it's just a meme /pol/ picture.

It was le Norway meme that made news because it was racist or some shit
>>
>>960782
Meme:
http://www.jpost.com/Diaspora/Norwegian-bank-issues-anti-Semetic-credit-card-says-sorry-413919

>>960782
>>960783
A lot of the Anons are saying to do make minimum payments, doesn't it make sense to pay it out in full every time?
>>
>>960789
No, trust us on this, you need to save money now so you can invest, and to have a better rating in case of emergencies.
>>
>>960791
Bad idea for a dumb 18 year old.
>>
>>960742
scumbag anon, bad jew for trying to get >>960712
in debt.
>>
>>960712

Use your card for things like gas, grocery, and stuff you know you could pay for if you were using cash/debit card. Pay it off as soon as the charge appears.
>>
>>960712

I use mine as a credit builder

Use it for all purchases, pay in full every month, collect cashback points. A lot of people will try to tell you that credit cards are evil, but these are just the irresponsible people that have no self control. Only a fucking moron accumulates credit card debt. Spend what you know you have and you'll be fine.
>>
>>960720
That's a myth about how to build credit.

Pay in full every month.
>>
That was my friend's friend's credit card.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.