[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If I'm good at math, how do I use this to my advantage to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: game theory.png (14 KB, 763x445) Image search: [Google]
game theory.png
14 KB, 763x445
If I'm good at math, how do I use this to my advantage to amass millions?
>>
For every Fields medal you win, you will get $15,000.

Keep winning those and it won't be long.
>>
>>959966
Calculate how many dicks you need to suck a day to become the millionaire you want to be in x number of years.

Good luck
>>
You can calculate how many soul crushing hours as a wageslave you have to work before you'll reach that million.

Good luck OP, I know you can do it!
>>
Major in Math and Statistics. $300K starting.
>>
>>959966

>mathematician

>posts a piecewise pdf

come back when you post some calculus, and I'm not talking about no ordinary differential equation
>>
>>959981
>calculus
Kek. He calls it "calculus" and not "Analysis".

Fuck off bro

>hurr durr I bet I am le smarter than you xD
>>
>>959981
>pdf
>discrete distribution
>pDf
>>
>>959966
Solve one of the Millenium problems and you get $1,000,000

http://www.claymath.org/millennium-problems
>>
>>959984
ah fuck you for making me laugh at that. I feel like a nerd now.
>>
>>960143
I'm not THAT good. I was thinking more about making money through poker or algotrading. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>960516
algo-poker
>>
math is useful but just 1 piece of the puzzle
>>
>>960521
Tell me about the other pieces, and what will happen if I complete the puzzle.
>>
>>960533

Just fuck off already. You are not exceptionally talented. Get a job which requires your skills.
>>
>>960539
Relax.
>>
File: odds-and-outs-chart.gif (25 KB, 440x610) Image search: [Google]
odds-and-outs-chart.gif
25 KB, 440x610
>>959966

Online Poker
>>
>>959981
Found the undergrad. Come back when you post some non-abelian gauge theories, and I'm not talking about no U1XSU(2)XSU(3).
>>
>>960584

>Aubelian Gauge

Mfw I cant even into fractions let alone trig, let alone geometry, let alone pre-algebra, let alone algebra one, let alone algebra II
>>
File: 3.jpg (21 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
21 KB, 400x300
You guys are much smarter than me, so for real please explain

What is this complex math used for? Like when is it useful to make up super complex equations instead of just the / * - + stuff
>>
>>961158
Modeling things is super useful.

Consider option pricing. You can't just add / multiply shit to come up with a price for a call option. The Black scholes partial differential equation states that the value of a call option at any time depends on certain factors ,and in order to represent that mathematically,you need things beyond basic math. Not only do you need to know what a pde is and how solve one,you need an understanding of ito calculus to even expand your terms into something workable. Of course, black scholes can be reduced to a simple formulaic algorithm, but making money in finance doesn't come from using public knowledge --everyone knows that algorithm, and so there is no possibility of arbitrage. The real money comes from knowing how to represent financial ideas in mathematical terms and coming up with something that allows you to be more able to discover these arbitrage opportunities than the next guy.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.