[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm almost 22 with a GED. Been working on my own and for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: LNyPz6j.jpg (56 KB, 540x574) Image search: [Google]
LNyPz6j.jpg
56 KB, 540x574
I'm almost 22 with a GED. Been working on my own and for my family's business. I want to go to school. Is Khan Academy a good place to start before I go to college? I don't want to look like a retard. I plan to go to community college then transfer to a public state university.
>>
>>959963
>community college

You mean highschool 2.0?
>>
>>959965
Why do people say this?
There are plenty of shitty CC's and plenty of great ones. The one i'm finishing up at has an accredited engineering program and an excellent math/science curriculum

Do your research. If your local one is shitty, learn as much as you can then transfer
>>
>>959970
>Why do people say this?

Because it's easy as fuck, the people there are generally retards and degenerates and also anyone can teach Community College classes. In order to be a University professor you need to either have PHD or be a PHD candidate and usually have a lot of publications.
>>
>>959963
Yeah do the Khan stuff for, Calculus 1,2, Multivar Calculus, Physics Mechanics, E&M, Statistics, Chemistry, Biology. Once you do all those, go to best community college in your vicinity, get high grades through hard work and knowing most of the basics through Khan. Transfer into some Stem field, preferably one that's not a meme. Get dat good gubbment cash and study hard and get 70K+ offers on graduation. Then be less autistic than your peers and eventually get skilled in your field and get MBA skills. Learn to shill hard and make millions through your own business and exploiting autism.
>>
>>959975
>Yeah do the Khan stuff for, Calculus 1,2, Multivar Calculus, Physics Mechanics, E&M, Statistics, Chemistry, Biology

>Implying a GED-holder would be able to even do the Algebra II section of KhanAcademy

nah f a m lmao
>>
>>959977

I was in AP calculus in 10th grade. Math is not the issue. History and other redundant classes I didn't like. My family works in the military and we moved to another country at 16. I moved back to the states with my Grandpa, got my GED, and worked for his company that does private things for Merck pharma.

Nice meme though. Hope you make it with that attitude, inshallah.
>>
>>959978
Speaking from experience tbqh.

I can't even remember most of algebra I shit

too much drugs and concussions senpai tbqh.
>>
>>959972
My physics professor has a phd.
my chem professor has a phd

Your blanket statements are faulty.. Maybe you should go back to a good school?
>>
>>960010
go suck your professors dick faggot
>>
>>959970
>The one i'm finishing up at has an accredited engineering program
lmao

go ahead and try to take the FE with your accredited engineering degree.
>>
>>959970
>>960017
This lmao.

Think of it from your potential employer's point of view.

>"Ok I can hire the smartest students of this really well respected School from which we have several employees, especially a few in management with a proven trackrecord of putting out smart people into the workforce"
>"Or I can hire this retard from a literal meme where teenage moms and people who couldn't study normally go to"
>>
>>960020

I have more experience than you, and nobody is hiring kids out of college in any engineering/finance field. I'm going into health care.
>>
>>960024
>nobody is hiring kids out of college in any engineering/finance field

Bold statement, unfortunately it's not true. Maybe for your memecollege but not for good schools. $25/hr+ internships are typical for engineering or finance.
>>
>>960041
A good friend of my Grandpa is a MM at Merrill Lynch in Chicago and he told me nobody in the city is hiring grads right now, and engineering being the same way. It's becoming a buddy industry. Got to have someone in the company to get you in the door. I can't speak for other countries or areas in the states, but going to college is useless if you don't know anybody.
>>
>>960049
I literally don't know a single engineering grad who is unemployed and most have gotten $30/hr+ internships.

Ones who actually make an active effort though. There really is huge demand in these fields. The unemployed college grad meme is only referring to liberal arts-tier majors and people who are very lazy that don't apply or do internships.
>>
>>960017
>>960020
Both idiots.
my CC is accredited, but its still a CC. I'm transferring to a 4 year school to finish my bachelors
of course going to a CC just to go to a CCis dumb, but it is a cheap and viable option to finish a bachelors

You both need to go back to school, jesus christ
>>
>>960049
When you say "no one " do you mean USA -wide or could it just be Chicago?
>>
>>960017
>go ahead and try to take the FE with your accredited engineering degree.
Can't you literally just take the FE exam, no degree required?
>>
>>960024
I'm going to have to agree with this person.

Most of the people I graduated with (ChemE) do not have consistent jobs and we went to a top 10 school for our degree. Most of us are in our late 20's now and have worked at a couple places for a year or so. I did get a couple internships for $25/hr in the Midwest. I have worked with a lot of young 20's interns and kept in touch with them, and they seem to be in the same situation years later.

To be fair, the jobs that were $90k several years ago, are sitting around $60k, and they are taking people in like me for $50k.

The reason why I have a "decent" job at $88k right now is because despite my internships at great companies, I started a job as a temp (not an intern) and waited until a couple engineers quit and I popped in and talked to the right people who were shocked that they had an engineer from a top school working as an operator for 2 years making $20.50/hour next to other operators who didn't even graduate high school.

Sorry to ruin the perception that you were just going to go to a decent University and do an internship or two and get out and get some amazing ass job for $200k a year.

The people I know that went to MIT, Berkeley, Princeton, etc - all had jobs lined up for them before their second year.

...Or disregard this post, and assume you're special.
>>
>>960748
You can take it, but you can't get any sort of certification until you're earned a 4-year engineering degree from an ABET accredited program (except for a few states that let you substitute qualifying engineering work experience)
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.