[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why has there been no revolution of the poor against the rich
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (97 KB, 600x504) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97 KB, 600x504
Why has there been no revolution of the poor against the rich
>>
The world has changed, people are happy and distracted by materialism, they live happily being in debt to the rich with nice cars, houses, and fancy degrees. But let's be real, thats only first world countries where the rich have rights as much as poor people do. They are allowed to be rich and not have anyone bother them.
>>
Because middle class life isn't horrible and people have been convinced that working 40 hours for little money is fine
>>
What would it accomplish? Poor people are poor because of their own deficiencies in skill, intelligence, talent, and ambition. Overthrowing the current social model won't make them better people. In a few years, the cream will rise to the top again, and the poor will still be poor.

Stop clinging to the myth that poor are just as capable and have just as much potential as anyone else. Everyone is not created equal. Some people will always have skills, talents, and attributes that make them superior to most. Society will always value these people, and they will always accumulate wealth as a result. Its biology, not sociology.
>>
File: 572114789.gif (320 KB, 702x983) Image search: [Google]
572114789.gif
320 KB, 702x983
>>928057
>>
If poor actually meant poor we maybe would.

>western people are too distracted by how good they have it to revolt

Every time
>>
>>928062
well that was fucking stupid
>>
>>928062
Oh boo-fucking-hoo. You poorfags are incredibly bad at maximizing the talents you have, but incredible skilled at coming up with excuses and blaming the world for your troubles.

If there was a job that paid you for being a sad-sack loser, you'd actually make decent bank.
>>
What exactly are they going revolt over?

The fact that the poor chase materialism and luxury?

The fact that the poor don't value education the same way the rich do?

The fact that the poor don't invest their money like the rich do?

The fact that the poor go into debt for depreciating "assets" like cars and iphones?

The fact that the poor don't make it a priority to give their children an inherent advantage at birth like the rich do and the fact that the poor almost resent sacrificing their own children?

Muh evil bankers
>>
File: Mcdonalds-90s-logo.svg.png (106 KB, 2000x1516) Image search: [Google]
Mcdonalds-90s-logo.svg.png
106 KB, 2000x1516
Well I think they've successfully made it so that the poor people are fed and too fat to revolt. reducing their effective numbers tremendously. the agile and swift leaders of business would overtake their servile swinelings.
The owners own the means of true energy production and horde it meanwhile keeping the poor on just enough energy to survive but to tired to do anything like revolt.
>>
And who would organize such a revolt, hm? It would have to be someone so capable that he wouldn't be poor in the first place.
>>
>>928033
everyone is waiting for Sanders to be president, that my friend, is when we will rebel against the greedy mongolians
>>
>>928062
I came from a shit school/area and used my resources to become better while my old friends are still being retarded and have no goals. You just need to grow up and take some responsibility for yourself. Settling for a B is stupid when you could have easily gotten an A.
>>
>>928033

Because it's easy enough to live modestly but no one fucking does that.
>>
Because they need them.
>>
In the US? Previously high standard of living coupled with materialism and the idea that what worked before is working now.

As we can see there were already widespread revolts against the rich. French revolution, red revolution, etc. Even the american revolution was in a sense that.

Give it 50 years. Either we're all enslaved or we will have thrown a bunch of elites off their skyscrapers.
>>
>>928195

Or, or, we could all just stop overspending.

Lots of people have a poor problem (and I feel bad for pregnant teenagers and morons who didn't get into a trade/go to college), but the people who work at full time for $10+ an hour are usually overspending not harmed by the rich.
>>
>>928205

>Friend constantly complaining that she can't get ahead in life
>Smokes a pack of cigarettes a day
>She's a single mother to a complete dead beat
>Uses credit to buy the newest iphone every year.
>Financed a $1400 Macbook
>Financed a brand new car
>Is a nurse working 70 hours a week
>Got fired from her last two jobs because she couldn't find a baby sitter to watch her tazmanian devil son and all of the other sitters refuse to watch him because he's borderline dangerous for 6 year old
>Constantly saying shit about how capitalism doesn't work and hard working people like her are trapped in debt.
>Victim mentality gets so bad that I have to stop hanging out with her.

I literally know a dozen different people like this and the story barely changes. This is why the I won't even engage with the basic income and "economic justice" debate. It's nothing but consumer debt masquerading as class warfare.
>>
>>928165

This fucker gets it. Join the frugal hordes!
>>
Because they're fat and entertained..
>>
File: Capitalism.jpg (848 KB, 763x990) Image search: [Google]
Capitalism.jpg
848 KB, 763x990
>>928033

As long as a wealth gradient exists, and the possibility to advance and become rich exists, no such revolution will occur, since people perceive freedom, and a chance at equity.

When the divide and barriers get big enough the people will revolt. It has happened many times in the past.

I think if our current predicament in the USA were to get much worse, we could have a potential revolt, but thankfully Democrats will control Washington for at least the next decade and beat the fucking fatcats down.

> Making $250k+ a year
> HOW DARE YOU TAX ME AND GIVE MY MONEY TO PEOPLE WHO HAVENT "EARNED" IT
> Sits in an air conditioned office

Every fucking person should have to go through poverty for a fucking month, so they know just what it is like.
>>
>>928094
>What exactly are they going revolt over?
>The fact that the poor chase materialism and luxury?
>The fact that the poor don't value education the same way the rich do?
>The fact that the poor don't invest their money like the rich do?
>The fact that the poor go into debt for depreciating "assets" like cars and iphones?
>The fact that the poor don't make it a priority to give their children an inherent advantage at birth like the rich do and the fact that the poor almost resent sacrificing their own children?
>Muh evil bankers
>>928094
>>928094
>The fact that the poor don't value education the same way the rich do?

Assuming you absolutely need education to get rich
>>
>>928163
Good work lad
>>
>>928062
just because your parents might not hold you to a high standard doesn't mean you can't do it yourself. my parents were satisfied as long as i passed, but i still always strove for top marks.
>>
>>928292
>but thankfully Democrats will control Washington
Everyone, look at this goy and laugh
>>
>>928292
A democrat has been president for the last 8 years.

Obama promised a whole lot but has done close to nothing.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.