[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /biz/ Just put my orders into Robinhood for this crazy diversified
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: diversification.png (40 KB, 692x499) Image search: [Google]
diversification.png
40 KB, 692x499
Sup /biz/

Just put my orders into Robinhood for this crazy diversified portfolio.

I mean, it's essentially impossible for *all* 8 of my selections to go out of business, right?
>>
>>920485
Yes?

Is there something you're asking? We have a robinhood general too btw.
>>
>>920488
I just wanted to confirm that it's unlikely to lose everything here.

So thank you.
>>
>>920485
>"crazy diversified portfolio."

you cant be srs
>>
>>920489
Oh i misread.

Its possible to lose everything, but improbable. Irs just like any other broker.
>>
>>920485
Those are some fat dividends
>>
>>920490
Yeah bro it's like 4 different sectors and stuff
>>
>>920489
they could cut dividends and the stocks could drop though
>>
>>920485
Its not diversified at all.
Just because they don't go out of business doesn't mean they can't put you out of business. Have you done any correlation testing on this portfolio? I just did a 30,60,150 day correlation on EMES and PER and got an 85% correlation factor. Sounds like you're all apples in 4 baskets, what are you gonna do if apple season for worms.
>>
>>920485
I really like your sector classification.
>>
>>920485
Three stocks you know well> Diversification for the sake of diversification.
>>
>>920531
Ooh, good point. I'll just buy double PER and drop EMES.

>>920532
I really go for vagueness over usability or accuracy.

>>920564
But Enron was a good company and I knew it very well.
>>
>>920569
Would there be anything stopping you from selling your shares of Enron?
>>
>>920571
No, but I wouldn't know to sell them right before the whole scandal thing happened. Poof, 1/3 of your portfolio gone.
>>
>>920521
if they cut dividends the price would actually go up
>>
>>920601
... set a stop loss incrementally so that you never lose profit?
>>
>>920602
Not sure of your reasoning.

>>920603
This could be a good idea, I wish Robinhood would let you set a trailing stop loss. But then you could miss out on dividends.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.