[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honest question; What makes business degrees worth anything?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: thecomic6.jpg (29 KB, 280x323) Image search: [Google]
thecomic6.jpg
29 KB, 280x323
Honest question; What makes business degrees worth anything?

An incredibly popular major over here is "International Business" at CBS.
What what I've understood, people see it was some sort of fast-line to a shitton of cash.
But, from what I see, you are much more likely to work for a company that 'optimizes' other companies. Not bad work, but it doesn't seem like the best way to earning a lot of money.

Heres what you learn on their Bachelor
>Economics
>Business Economics/ Management
>Methodology

What I'm asking is this:
Are business degrees even worth anything?
Are they helping you to make your own successful company?
Would it not be better to go for a STEM field, then learn economics, marketing, business etc. on your own, and then use your skills to develop some of value to base your business around?
Why are they so god damn popular?
Aren't they just a different way to wage-ville?
>>
>>1180147
>Would it not be better to go for a STEM field, then learn economics, marketing, business etc. on your own, and then use your skills to develop some of value to base your business around?

Absolutely. I'm not in either field (I'm in law) but if I were more focused on entrepreneurship I'm certain that it would be better to go into comp sci or engineering and hone my creative skills while learning business on the side.

The people I know who studied STEM are doing interesting things now, some of which involves new businesses. Everyone I know who studied business is doing a boring-as-shit job exactly as you described.

>muh optimizing other people's ideas
>>
>>1180153
These are my exact thoughts.
The only other scenario is that if you were to inherit a company from your parents, in which case it could be useful to 'piggyback' and manage it properly.

I mean, I'm in a higher social class, so I've met a lot of children of rich people. All of them have some sort of STEM background. Even if it's something not very climactic that made them wealthy (One guy made a sort of 'database' software, that hit it big).

I'm mostly asking since I plan on going into Comp. Sci. and using it to start up my own business.
>>
>>1180147
Bussiness degrees is for people who will lead the growing of the companies of an entrepreneur and a bussinessman so he will be an employee, i mean they study to make a company grow so they have to do that work, real entrepreneur and bussinessman only check that all the work is well done
>>
>>1180341
no you arent lmfao
>>
>>1180395
Guess I'm poor then, thanks for helping out.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.