[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
banking stories
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 20160104_092131.jpg (3 MB, 4160x2340) Image search: [Google]
20160104_092131.jpg
3 MB, 4160x2340
jesus christ i hate money
>ok so first of all i had one cent in my bank account at the beginning of the month right?
then on the 12th i called up my dental insurance company and told them i needed to cancel my subscription of 27.99 a month
>so they say oh okay well give you a refund for this month,im like wait,i still have to pay for this month even though its not the day you take out?
so then yesterday i deposited $5.00 to have money to pay for a shipping label for an item i sold for $6.92 on ebay
>but it turns out the shipping label cost $5.75 cents,so i go to check out with paypal and before it even ASKS me if i want to make a split transaction(like i was planning on) it just takes it all straight out of my bank account
so today i went down there with a gold dollar and deposited that to "trick" the bank into thinking my balance was $6.01 instead of $5.01 since it didnt update until 8.am
so you know the transaction from paypal could go through without causing me an overdraft fee right?
but it turns out i had forgotten about the humana bullshit and my account balance was $-21.98
>so i went to my grandpa borrowed $30 deposited $27.74 to cover both the negative balance and the upcoming cost of the paypal transaction
and now hopefully instead of getting rammed up the ass with two $25 overdraft fees i only get rammed up the ass with one
and since humana is refunding me $27.99 ill just pay it back with that and still come out $2.99 ahead
>also i hit the right side of my head on the car doorway getting into it
>im starting to think that the banks that offer free checking accounts count on you getting at least 2 overdraft fees a year so they can make some money off your stupid ass
in the almost 4 years ive been banking with them ive only had to pay one overdraft fee of $25
>and i intend to keep it under $50 in fees every five years
>(and trust me i know people like me are hated by the banks)
>>
How do I moneys managements?
>>
My work used to bank with SunTrust. We're a government entity, but for some reason we've got to set up our own fucking bank account. SunTrust swore up and down that as a public entity we wouldn't have to pay any fees on the account, but sure enough, we ended up with a $15 fee every month. I told my boss we were going to get an overdraft if this keeps up and if she didn't deposit some more funds into the account. She ignores me, we get an overdraft, and then we switch banks.

Prior to this, I had to make a $20,000 deposit. You have to answer a few questions for the feds when you make deposits or withdrawals over $10,000, but I stood there for 30 minutes while this bitch struggled to fill out the questionnaire on her computer screen. For some fucking reason, the dumb cunt couldn't wrap her head around what I did or who I worked for.

A few months later, and after my job had quit banking with them, I went there to cash in a savings bond that had matured. The teller had no fucking clue how to do this and I stood in line there for another 30 minutes while she and a manager who also had no clue how to do this struggled to complete this $216 transaction.

Fuck SunTrust.
>>
>>1096512
Why the fuck do you keep alternating between regular text and green text? Why do you think anyone on this board cares about your stupid blog post about what a fucking retard you are? Do you have brain damage?
>>
>>1096548
>move into new house
>Use landline
>assigned the same number as SunTrust bank
>>
>>1096537

THANK YOU!
>>
Overdraft fees is the most American thing to exist.
I pay a small interest whenever I go below 0%. It's usually about 8%/year. Way higher than a regular loan, but if the overdraft exist for a day or, its usually pennies.
>>
>>1096512
I'm not even angry reading this. I'm just sad.
>>
>>1096512

>pays ~$50 in fees every 5 years
>paying any money at all to have an account
>(and trust me i know people like me are hated by the banks)

You're the moron banks love. You're fooled into thinking you're getting the better of them when really they're slowly raping your little butthole for $10 a year.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.