[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Market Analysis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Inspireeeeeee2.jpg (450 KB, 3264x2176) Image search: [Google]
Inspireeeeeee2.jpg
450 KB, 3264x2176
Hey /biz/ I'm starting a media company with emphasis on Aerial Videography and Photography. My business plan is pretty solid but iv hit a wall in the area of Market Analysis... This area is so new that I am finding it hard to gauge the market. I know there is demand, but how would i set pricing and gross margin targets with almost no information to go off of... help me out guys! I would prefer not to fuck this up!
>>
>>1387886
Pricing is determined by competition, primarily in photography. This is especially true if you have no reputation to charge a premium for.

I would spread contact through various channels and give free quotes to realtors. If you start getting laughed out of the sale that's a sign you want to lower prices.

I would start high and negotiate yourself down into a customer base. You can start raising prices when you are fully booked with time.
>>
>>1387893
Thanks for the input. I had planned on pricing my service low for now until I can generate a reputation. That would give me a slight advantage over my competitors as well. Would you recommend setting price packages and then negotiate? Or would I be better off pricing my service per client? I have been going back and fourth on this for a while.
>>
You have to have a pilots license to have a drone photography business.

That's why you don't see a million of them around. Should have done your homework first
Lol.
>>
I think the notion of aerial photo can be hit or miss. Hit because the drone meme is peaking, miss because photography will become antiquated and people can handle their own drones so I wouldn't be sure if there's that much of demand
>>
>>1387902
I would say it depends on your consumer base's purchasing power and wether you are more cost differentiated or narrow differentiated. You may be pricing your services low for now but who would be the people who want these services? Is it realtor companies to have nice videos and shots of a house for an open house? For construction purposes? I am assuming your arent business facing but If I was a consumer why would I want to purchase this?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.