[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, I have a question for you /biz/ My dad pays the minimum of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 480x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 480x330
So, I have a question for you /biz/
My dad pays the minimum of each large bill he has, or $5 a month on them. Ex: large hospital bills.. He gets away with this because we are poor as shit, and they pretty much just accept it as long as they see a payment every month from him, sometimes they even get so pissed that the payment is so low, that they tell him to forget about it.

Anyway, I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure he is up to his neck in debt, and I was wondering when he dies, do I get that debt?
>>
File: Estate-Taxes-Map-2015[1].png (139 KB, 1100x960) Image search: [Google]
Estate-Taxes-Map-2015[1].png
139 KB, 1100x960
>>1387666
no, debt is illegal to inherit
in civilized countries that is

that being said, funerals are $10,000+, so may want to make sure he buys a house or nice sportscar before he dies, so you actually get an inheritance to help pay funeral costs

if hes in millions of dollars in debt but owns a house or something like that, you get the house (assuming you are the heir of course), but you dont get debt, his debt collectors get SOL

and some states here in america you pay taxes on inheriteded dosh, so be mindful of that
>>
>>1387686
Very good info thank you
>>
>>1387686
>funerals are $10,000+
>dogs need to be fed
Pick two and come to a conclusion
>>
>>1387738
"bury the dead they stink up the joint"
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.