[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which publicly-traded companies are going to profit the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: c1920x1080_69[1].jpg (57 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
c1920x1080_69[1].jpg
57 KB, 1920x1080
Which publicly-traded companies are going to profit the most from the legalization of recreational marijuana in California this November?
>>
The big tobacco companies are the ones who will make it in the long run. They already have the infrastructure.
>>
>>1387619

Taco Bell and Cheetos
>>
>>1387631
this. if they didn't they'd be foolish
>>
File: hdksd.png (694 KB, 804x663) Image search: [Google]
hdksd.png
694 KB, 804x663
to the mooooooon
>>
agriculture suppliers, home depot

also consider what companies are going to be sore and warrant shorting as well. I would speculate tylenols/advils/OTC pharma will lose share.
>>
Monsanto
>>
tobacco companies
stoner associated snacks (cheetos, bagel bites, etc.)
fast food (taco bell, dominos)
ag equipment companies
>>
I think op means what can we invest in now, that has a low stock value that will blow up when weed is legal
>>
>>1387764
What are the most popular snacks for stoners to eat?
Are tobacco companies already talking about expanding into marijuana?
>>
>>1387832
Ask some Apus, although I am less sure the stoner memes will sustain legalization. Edibles will subsume inhaling and that has to be edited for.
>>
>>1387841
To your second query, it would almost be against self-preservation to not skunkwork it.
>>
>>1387844
Does tobacco really compete with marijuana?
Will tobacco smokers actually quit to smoke marijuana?
>>
Scotts Miracle Grow just invested 500 million into it.
>>
>>1387846
it can and does act like a substitute product, but they also have synergy ie mixed spliffs and blunts. displacement at worst, horizontal integration at best.
>>
>>1387619
It's a habit for children, but given adolescence extends into the mid-thirties now... Are there any unique aspects of the production and sales process? Not really(I may be wrong), so you'll just have to "buy the news" like the rest of us, though being a first mover into the smokable/edible plant business probably isn't even relevant long term.

If Monsanto announces GMO redhair, buy the bluechip i guess.
>>
>>1387854
This anon nailed it. I've seen smokers who went through half a pack a day drop to a couple a day after starting marijuana, but I currently work with a guy who began smoking cigs to quit his marijuana habit in order to pass the drug test. Ironically we work in Colorado so now he just smokes weed at night and cigarettes during the day and carries both habits.

My quick thoughts are essentially that this stuff is hard to predict, and the only time you're going to see a major upswing in the revenue of a certain sector in the world of vice is when something gets banned. We're on track to never ban anything at this scale again, though, so it's probably best to do as other anons have said and just invest in smart businesses that are not directly related to weed.

I can tell you if our country ends up completely legalizing marijuana before several states have had the chance to do it themselves (unlikely, but we'll see how the next couple of year's go; states rights arguments shift every few years with the election cycles it seems) I will certainly be paying attention to temperature controls companies - Honeywell, Siemens, Johnson Controls, etc. because there will now be thousands of grow houses popping up, assuring big revenue gains among the industry. Remember how I said I work in Colorado? I'm at a medium sized company that does HVAC controls such as those, and we've had, at minimum, at least 2 grow house contracts being worked on at any one time since the legalization of pot here. Indoor grown marijuana needs fairly careful temperatures to grow (according to the stoners we put up the systems for) so we can charge them extra for current and future service.
>>
>>1388015
>>1387854
So the big weed money will be in big tobacco?
>>
Where can i buy marijuana stocks with bitcoin?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.