[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/SQT/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86 KB, 384x313
Stupid questions thread:

mine:
>Have some rep as an artist, specifically of the furfag variety.
>Considering other fields and realizing that the community knows my face.
>Starting to feel trapped in a non lucrative field.
Is it worth giving a shit what people know?
Would it kill any chance of getting good rep as a peer reviewed researcher(particle physics major) or software developer/etc.?

TL:DR: I'm known by face and name as a lewd furry artist, will that ruin my chances of succeeding in other projects where my name is attached?
>>
>>1386399
You could use a pseudonym. Alternatively, you could stop attaching your name to fur stuff and use a pseudonym for that, but a real name for things you care about.

In general, it probably won't matter.
>>
>>1386423
I considered the pseudonym idea, but that leaves the issue of being recognized by face.
Or is it unlikely to cause issues to the point of just not being worth the stress?
>>
>>1386399
What the fuck possessed you to get into drawing stuff for the human garbage known as furfags?
>>
>>1386447
The lure of fast cash and a fanatical following.
It's easy money, but I can't help but feel my decisions have burnt some bridges that I hadn't thought of at the time.
>>
>>1386450
There's money in pictures of cartoon animals fucking each other?

How much are we talking here..
>>
>>1386453
People in my range of skill/popularity make about 20-40 bucks on average per piece and they can take anywhere from 30 minutes to two hours.
upper end is detailed pieces for 100 and low end is avatars for 5.
Upper end fur artists make about 120-200 per piece and I've seen some character auctions and YCH pieces hit nearly 500 a pop.
Smoothed out I make about 350 per week with nearly no overhead and very low living expenses, plus I work on my own schedule and make back the money I spend going to cons and events.
>>
>>1386461
If I worked harder, I could probably double my weekly profits, but I can't seem to overcome my own laziness.
>>
>>1386465
350 a week for drawing animals fucking. Huh. You should get a full time job and continue with this.

Blows my mind. People are fucked.
>>
>>1386470
yep, but hey, it's a living and I've grown semi-attached to the fandom.
Just a little worried that I'll end up getting my degree, making a discovery, then wanting to publish it and getting mobbed by crazy assholes who made the connection between my artist persona and my scientific one.
>>
can I get a link to your tumblr or fur affinity? I'm always looking for new artists to commission.

As to your question, its absolutely not worth giving a shit. Giving a shit is overrated. You're a furfag, own it. Personally I keep my fetishes private irl but if things ever became known I would not give a single fuck.
>>
>>1386479
Have you considered changing your name legally?

Pseudonym could work too but if somebody had the desire, they could find the connection between the 2 identities.

Blackhats deal with the same issues. Keeping identities separate is something that needs to be started before you start your intended "professions," otherwise all it takes is a bit of googling. Dread Pirate Roberts was a fucking retard in terms of opsec but it still took a long time for the FBI to correlate him with his online persona. Even still, it was just the 1 error he made that got him caught. Obviously you're not running a million dollar drug bazaar, but the principles remain the same.
>>
>>1386483
I'd rather not post to 4chan. I'll just say if you run in the same circles as ashii or shin0r0z you might bump into me eventually.
>>
>>1386492
I have been planning to change my last name for family reasons, but it seems like a weak shield against people looking to fuck me over.
I think I'll just take >>1386483's advice and just not give a shit.
>>
>>1386496
don't be like that anon, I want to see what you've got
>>
>>1386399

How much do you make and through patreon or commissions?
I'm pretty talented and somewhat curious but not so passionate about drawing lewd/r34 for money. I do love me some monster girls though and know that niche could be good for money. Would love to get some advice.

And I'd recommend using a false name and you should be overall safe that you're recognized unless someone's trying to undermine you or they do super thorough background checks.
>>
I'm going for long term dividend income.

Should I invest in individual stocks or index funds?
If index funds, how many indexes should I include? Should I focus on specified dividend indexes?

I currently have £8500 in 10 FTSE 100 companies
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.