[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>have $100,000 in student loans >take out a bunch of credit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: frog324.2.jpg (8 KB, 238x212) Image search: [Google]
frog324.2.jpg
8 KB, 238x212
>have $100,000 in student loans
>take out a bunch of credit cards
>use credit cards to pay off student loans
>file for bankruptcy
>rebuild crediit

Why wouldn't this work?
>>
>>1386183
You might be able to get away with 10G or maybe 50 grand if you start with a good rating?
The debt trap is not an amateurish operation.
>>
b-b-b-b-b-b-but it just wouldn't OP!!1 Y-your to smart!!
>>
Like the other guy said you'll have to have a good starting point and $100000 is a lot to get on a credit card.
>>
>>1386183
This will work. And post your email address if you would like legal consultation.
>>
>>1386183

If you can convince the bankruptcy judge that you have no intent to defraud the student loan lender, I'd like to travel to your remote sanctuary and learn your mind-control powers.
>>
>>1386219
If he's already declaring bankruptcy, that means he already paid off the student loans.
>>
>>1386223

Yeah, it's not like bankruptcy courts go through your history or anything... I'm pretty sure they'll just want a snapshot of the immediate moment right before OP files the paperwork.

I'm convinced... full steam ahead, OP
>>
>>1386232

It's still not proof of fraud.
>>
You can't transfer sallie mae student loans
>>
>>1386232
What I'm saying is that he wouldn't be defrauding the student loan lender, he'd be defrauding the credit card companies.
>>
>>1386234

I'm not the one OP has to convince... I'm sure a clever dude like him can come up with a story for the judge regarding the balance transfers. If OP is willing to make payments for a relatively long period of time on the credit card balances, he might have a shot.

Maybe the credit card lender won't file something, but with $100K on the line, I'm pretty sure they'll try to convince the judge/trustee that there is a fraud being attempted and the judge/trustee will want an explanation from OP.

Maybe he'll luck out.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.