[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Zero Hedge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: tinfoilhat.png (9 KB, 500x140) Image search: [Google]
tinfoilhat.png
9 KB, 500x140
Is this site legit, or do they just have tin foil hats?
>>
>>1385904
They're legitimate but only post about the bearish / downside argument of the markets / various securities.
>>
>>1385920

I've been bearish too for the last couple of years, but I've been wrong. Some of the articles here write about some of the things I've been thinking about though, and also bring some new view points.

Since this is about the only site that agrees to my views I've ever found, I've gotten a bit sceptical.
>>
>>1385904

it's a legitimate source of pro-russia talking points
>>
>>1385904
They're just perma-bears. In other words, they're sensationalist morons.
>>
>>1385904
get into martin armstrong. he made a computer that predicts the future and he's been proven right again and again.
>>
>>1386073

I would agree they are sensationalist but there is some good info if you sift through it. As long as you apply critical thinking its just like any other news site. The benefit of zero is it gives you the exact opposite perspective of most media sites.
>>
>>1386101
>The benefit of zero is it gives you the exact opposite perspective of most media sites.

This is what I've been missing. Every other media site is bullish, but I've had yet to find a bearish media site. I've read more articles here than on all other sites combined.
>>
Every day is the habbening or end of the world on ZH. They're the Peter Schiff of alternative media and occasionally, they're right. It's entertaining sometimes in small doses, especially some of the comments.
>>
>>1386143

A broken clock is right twice a day.
>>
>>1385904
the authors got doxxed. it started with a russian financier and he ended up hiring a few wallstreet helpers.

most of what they say ends up coming true. it's definitely designed to trick americans, but it doesn't outright lie about information, it lies about intent. so when zerohedge says "america is unfair to blacks" it is lying about blacks being discriminated against to make a separate point.

classic psyops. the flourish conceals the lie.

in terms of market information, it's all true. but the lie, which is that democracy or equality can save us, that's what kills you.
>>
>>1386177
Wew, that's a deep analysis. I am paranoid too and just suspect any pop alternative outlet is a controlled psyop. I have it bookmarked but rarely visit since it moves fairly slowly.
>>
>>1386198
>slowly
u wot

unless you're an active day trader the site is fucking overwhelming if you have any other job

I tend to use it a lot, because the lies are pretty easy to see through. the lies are necessarily things that tap into uniquely american vulnerabilities. if it didn't tap into that, the doomsterism wouldn't resonate.

just keep in mind the unique mental vulnerabilities of americans
1. we worship equality
2. we worship democracy
3. we hold lawful principles above the practical effects of those principles and never examine if the principles are flawed
etc.

the info on zh is good, but just like the classic soviet psyops, it feeds you good information to get you to swallow an intensification of your pre-existing biases about how great and strong the "american IDEAL" is, until we become incapable of seeing that american ideals CAUSED all of this.'

I'm sure lots of people will disagree, but those people are idiots.
>>
File: opijewpoidfj.jpg (181 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
opijewpoidfj.jpg
181 KB, 1920x1080
>>1386143
Peter Schiff is always right idiot
>>
>>1386177
>>1386218

I'm not American, so that's not a problem for me. I has updated a lot today at least, especially about Turkey.
>>
>>1386228
You're right. My post was a psyop.
>>
>>1386228
peter schiff tends to be right. he might be a broken clock but I don't think there's any indication that bulls are EVER correct. they're conflating precise knowledge about events with unsustainable trends that aren't based on market information.

the equivalent would be throwing a paper airplane and saying that because it's been afloat for 12 of 13 seconds, that anyone who says the plane will come down is wrong because it's in the air 12 out of 13 seconds.
>>
File: 1369545470063.jpg (374 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1369545470063.jpg
374 KB, 1280x1024
Read the FT and ZH and that'll give you the proper range m8.

All the iBankers I know say ZH is pretty alright asides from the obvious propaganda shit. Good dose of bear.

FT is for straight-shooting elites mostly.
>>
>>1386599

I guess FT is Financial Times. I'll check it out.

The financial newspapers in my country are utter rubbish.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.