[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/penny jar/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5
File: 4942969.jpg (30 KB, 316x518) Image search: [Google]
4942969.jpg
30 KB, 316x518
does anyone else still keep a penny jar for all their change? I rarely use my card expect for stuff like grocery shopping and big purchases, I still withdraw cash from the ATM for most smaller purchases like lunch and have 3 full jars with coppers & silvers.

why aren't you /penny jar/ anon? do you not want to save for your future?
>>
>>1385624
I only use credit cards with rewards.

Why aren't you getting free stuff, anon?
>>
File: 348584546.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
348584546.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
>>1385655

>implying i will get approved for credit

i still collect pennies for god sake.
>>
>>1385660
Try getting pre-approved by any of the major companies. Can't hurt.
>>
>>1385655
They won't approve me for a 200 dollar a month max card and I have 45k in the bank with 10k income annually as a student. Something about my first car being stolen.
>>
>>1385624
I use a credit card almost exclusively.

I go months without even touching cash.

The trick is that you budget your money and pay off your entire balance every months.
>>
>>1385624
yea, i collect it in a big plastic coke bottle. when it gets full im going to invest the silvers into coke stock, im going to leave the pennys and then fill it up again. I will continue to invest the silvers into coke stock until the coke bottle is full of just pennys. And then i will be done
>>
>>1385624
i use a wallet i know sounds rare
>>
>>1387235
Wallets are not for change
>>
>>1386012
Try getting a secured card, a deposit of $300-$500 will get you a secured card for a year, then apply for a new card and cancel your secured card to get your money back
>>
>>1385624

Sure is /pleb/ in here.

>tfw Simple banking debit card + Chase/CapitalOne rewards in wallet used exclusively for all purchases
>tfw never touch cash unless it's to wipe my ass
>tfw all transactions rounded up through Digit, Acorns, Betterment, Qapital
>tfw wtf is a penny jar
>>
I have a easier time budgeting and administering my money with debit and credit cards

I do have one of these though so me and my friends can put spare change and buy beer with it once in a while
>>
i used to roll it, but that's very time consuming. now i usually just count it out and take it to one of the banks that has a no fee coin machine. that or get a gift card for amazon w/ coinstar
>>
I only really use cash to buy lunch around work, because a lot of those places are cash only. So I keep a Pringles tube for 1, 2 and 5p coins and get money off my supermarket shop when it's full.
>>
>>1387358
I usually use Card as well, but I think I'll make get a jar for random change I don't need
>>
>>1385624
I have a gallon sized change jar, Im a coin collector and I bust open bank rolls looking for treasure so the jar fills up pretty fast
>>
File: 1307774056646.png (66 KB, 350x338) Image search: [Google]
1307774056646.png
66 KB, 350x338
So many fucking places only take cash around here cause they're run by chinks, i have to pull out cash pretty often and also when going out to bars. Needless to say i have a few penny jars, i should go bank them sometime but too lazy to roll them and fuck coinstar.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.