[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/biz/ Just started a new job in finance about a month ago and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: lyrmtxqc5u8x.jpg (124 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
lyrmtxqc5u8x.jpg
124 KB, 640x640
/biz/

Just started a new job in finance about a month ago and my new boss has passed a massively overwhelming project on to me and I don't think I can deliver on it. It isn't related to my educational background so I'm completely lost. I'm going to be working on it all weekend. I have no human resources available and this project is for people pretty high up in the company. What the fuck do I do? Worst case I could be fired, second worst case is I keep my job but it'll take a long time to rebuild their trust.
>>
>>1385527
Tell them you can't handle it given the resources and time constraint. Honesty is important, they'll give you something you can do.
>>
>>1385533
This.

Be smart about it, make a road map and list of to dos and also which parts are problematic.
a) You show him you did work on it and know what has to be done but honestly can tell that you don't know how
b) You still can support your successor
>>
>>1385527

Hire me to help you, finance richfag.
>>
>>1385541

Thanks for the advice guys. What are the odds I'll get fired if I fuck this up? I live in Houston, TX so they can essentially fire me for whatever reason. I've never been fired from a job. This is ridiculous though.
>>
Give us more details on the project
>>
>>1385669
Basically I'm generating an analysis for property taxes on houses but no one that I have spoken to knows where the information is stored. That includes the company directors and my boss yet I'm supposed to find it.
>>
>>1386279
There is more to it but that's the short version. The company is highly unorganized.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.