[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/ I'm in the US and I just got offered a job working
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
Hey /biz/ I'm in the US and I just got offered a job working remotely for a startup based in the UK. They're offering to set my salary in GBP rather than USD and pay me as an independent contractor.

So my question is, should I take that offer or should I ask that I be paid at a specific rate in USD instead? Basically, can the GBP-USD exchange rate go any lower, or is it only going to go up from here?
>>
How much leverage do you have over them?

Could add in an exchange rate floor into your contract. Ex.If pound falls below x point, the payment rate will be xx USD
>>
>>1385222
Hedge against the pound falling with futures. You will not lose any money if the Pound falls, but you will not gain any money if the Pound rises.

You want to sell pound futures (or buy Dollars Futures in Pounds, I think this exists) that way if the Pound falls, the amount you lose in your salary is made up for with your winnings in the futures market. Unfortunately, any gain you make in salary is lost in the futures market.
>>
>>1385255
if you pass, post the details chummer - I'm here in the GB alread, hate trawling into London everyday ...
>>
>>1385222
Confidence in the pound is still volatile, however in the long run it looks like it won't get lower than the fall right after the Brexit projection. I think you're safe to receive your salary in GBP.
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.