[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unbearable oversight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1453197563068.jpg (121 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1453197563068.jpg
121 KB, 960x720
Ok /biz/ I have around 37,000 USD in the form of a trust which was set up by my grandfather before he passed away. It was specifically to be used for college and to buy me a car, however I opted to work to pay for my car and currently am paying for college.

Now this trust has slowly been withdrawn from by the other person named on it (my dad) to pay for things he dubs as "stuff I should be paying for." I want to take this 37,000 and do something with it rather than have it sitting in a just above inflation account basically rotting but everytime I make an attempt to take some of it and invest it the other name refuses to let me.

Bit of back story: My dad is a fucking dumbass and cant manage money for shit ( He nearly lost everything when he was in his 30's) and thinks Im going to incinerate it all by dumping it all into brazillian copper mine penny stocks or some shit.

So Im turning to you /biz/

What the fuck should I be doing with this money?
>>
>>1385150
Use it to move out of your dad's place.
>>
>>1385157

I'm already out. Forgot to mention that. Things he means I should be paying for this includes cell bill, health insurance, and auto. I already considered getting off his plans but that would just hurt me because it covers alot.
>>
>>1385163
use US Mobile
>>
>>1385150
If I had that much money in the bank, I'd do this:
>http://earlyretirementextreme.com/wiki/index.php?title=Permanent_Portfolio

I doubt you want to speculate with that or lose any of it. If you are fine with slow and steady go with this. If you can add to it over time even better.
>>
>>1385150
>thinks Im going to incinerate it all by dumping it all into brazillian copper mine penny stocks or some shit.
he might be right, given where you're casting about for advice
>>
>>1385209
hahah literally came here to post that
>my dad thinks im going to burn 37K
>so i come to 4chan to prove him wrong
Bro, lol.
>>
>>1385216

Eh I guess you guys have a point. I'll just play around with the small money I can save up on the side rather than risk vaporizing my emergency shekels.
>>
Put it all in MGT
>>
>>1385150
You're a retarded millennial
>>
>>1385209
>>1385216
>4chan is a place where you only get moronic advice lelelel

Top meme.

OP, move the fuck away and invest in low-cost index funds.
>>
>>1385150
Download Markets.com and put it all in the American Index, Leave it there and retire when you're 45
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.