[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Working 40h/week this summer as a trainee developer/researcher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n1cwdjEzc91qzpsuoo1_250.gif (289 KB, 240x194) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n1cwdjEzc91qzpsuoo1_250.gif
289 KB, 240x194
Working 40h/week this summer as a trainee developer/researcher at a tech startup. I'm a 21 and next year I will be a 3rd year mechatronics student.
Pros and cons of the job:

Cons
> getting out of bed early
> shit pay
> no (paid) breaks
> have to work hard (work in the same room as my boss)

Pros
> this shit is actually fun
> learning usefull and interresting things
> work experience
> boss is nice a fuck
> I'm actually being fucking productive for once in my vacation

Am I becoming a wagecuck /biz/? I was expecting a fucking horrible experience, but I'm actually enjoying the shit out of it atm.
>>
>>1385067
welcome to the world of the workaholic. soon youll lose all your friends because your to preoccupied about work and start posting shit on /biz/ erryday
>>
>>1385071
I guess I'm starting to turn into my dad. Well if I'm getting rich and when it's still fun I won't really mind becoming a workaholic. I really hope I don't become boring though.
I always hated the boring part about "grown up" work when I was a kid, I can remember telling myself "I will never be like that".
>>
>>1385087
soooo, how have you planned to not be like that then - are you learning a trade where you can be self employed, building a viable business which you can pour your life into for 5 years and then sell to [retire|repeat] ?
>>
>>1385359
What kind of trade? Don't say welder please. Most trades will break down your body anyway and youll live old years in pain
>>
>>1385359
>building a viable business which you can pour your life into for 5 years and then sell to [retire|repeat] ?

Yup that's the plan, well, more like a dream at this stage desu. But even having a dream and working on it is in my perspective the opposite of living a boring life.
>>
>>1385517
so anything that you can be self employed, build a client list ( which is an asset ) then fuck off and start again the next day.

Plumber, dog groomer, gardener, blacksmith - pretty much anything you can do for money can be set up as a business, made into a viable vehicle, sold and repeated

for the first ten-15 years, knock your guts out. build, sell, repeat. assuming you're a youngan, you could be retired by what, 30, 40 if you're really greedy ?

Any thing you can do freelance can be done, builtup sold
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.