[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What should I do for a living? I'm a Business student, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: C-3PO-See-Threepio_68fe125c.jpg (79 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
C-3PO-See-Threepio_68fe125c.jpg
79 KB, 768x432
What should I do for a living? I'm a Business student, but I don't really have a passion for it. My grandfather was a very successful business dude. Worth a couple million, I don't really know. He has two homes worth a million each, I don't know how rich you have to be to do that. I grew up pretty normal and live a pretty normal life. My parents never even finished college, and don't make a ton of money.

Besides having my school 100% paid for, he doesn't spoil me like he could. He grew up poor, and doesn't really spend money on anything besides his wife. I guess I could ask him for stuff, but to be honest I'm intimidated by him.

I feel like a pleb, but one day I might actually have a lot of money. What do? My grandfather really hasn't given me much advice on the matter. He's really private about that kinda stuff, at least around my family. I dunno if he's gonna leave me any money, I mean I assume so, but that's not an assumption I want to hold. If you were in my position what would you do? I have no money, not many prospects, but I don't have to worry about paying for school, or going homeless.
>>
File: 1426028638052.gif (994 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1426028638052.gif
994 KB, 500x500
>>1384976
Your grandpa sounds based as fuck
>>
>>1384976
do what you enjoy.

when you get paid for doing stuff you enjoy, it's not work

there are few paid positions for 4 year old boy rapists m'kah
>>
>>1384976

buy monero
>>
>>1384976
Any hobbies?
>>
File: indiana_moretz.jpg (340 KB, 1502x1502) Image search: [Google]
indiana_moretz.jpg
340 KB, 1502x1502
>>1384976
If you do not possess real passion for something you do not have real future in that area. You cannot force somebody to like coding for example, it's either born feature or not. If you dont like it you are never going to be good at it.

Passion and talent go often hand in hand. People like to do what they are talented at. Sometimes, people might be talented at something yet lose passion tho.
>>
Why don't you have this discussion with him? Possibly avoiding the whole him dying and you getting a bunch of money thing.
>>
>>1384976
Ask him about it
>>
>>1384976
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eikbQPldhPY
>>
>>1384976
ask him how to do it yourself, he might try to teach his son vicariously through you, and you can learn some trade secrets
>>
>>1384976
> I guess I could ask him for stuff.
Exactly the wrong approach. You don't want his stuff, particularly if you don't know what to do with it. You want his knowledge and input.

>but to be honest I'm intimidated by him.
You should be. He's a self made man. Truly self made men are a rare breed. That combined with being related to you puts him in a unique position where he can provide relevant help to bettering yourself.

Ask to have a real sit down with him and ask him what to do. Be honest and upfront. Don't pressure him, or even hint that you want money from him, just sincerely tell him that you are lost, and are looking for guidance because your parents are not in a position to provide you real advice. You are in a position where you have safety nets to make failure have no real impact on you. You won't have any debt looming over you, a position that already puts you in the top few percent of the country. With a degree under your belt, the worst that happens is bankruptcy. Yes, it hurts, but it cannot destroy you the way college debt that can't be removed can. Beyond college, you don't want his financial help with life in general. Failure is the best teacher. Try stuff. Learn from it. You are young and can start over if it doesn't work, or if you hate it.

If he leaves you a lot of money down the road, you will have learned something about handling it. If he doesn't, well then you will have learned to survive without it.
>>
>>1386680
Anon, that was beautiful.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.