[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi biz! i have been experimenting with affiliate marketing for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: hangover.jpg (13 KB, 280x180) Image search: [Google]
hangover.jpg
13 KB, 280x180
Hi biz!
i have been experimenting with affiliate marketing for some time now, but its proven to be more difficult than i thought.
I plan to start promoting my offers on different forums, linking directly to the offer instead of using a landing page. I will create a list of all the forums i can find, that are related to my niche, and then i will start building up trust on these forums before starting to promote my offer.
Does anyone have any tips on affiliate marketing, and what do you think of my plan?
>>
online marketer reporting in.

your plan has been done a billion times over by almost every IMer thats ever been.

first off, you've been -way- too general in your question. "Internet marketing" is a blanket term for PPC (Pay per click), PPI (pay per install), commissioned product/service selling, etc etc.

It's pretty much impossible to tell you what we think of your plan or provide advice until you actually tell us some details of what youre doing.

With that said, some general answers:
the amount of effort you will be putting in trying to build a reputable account within various forums will far outweigh the amount of conversions it has. it will take literally hundreds if not thousands of quality posts to become an established entity within a forum.

As someone whos both tried that advertising method and also belonged to various forums with a high identity, it's just not worth it. being active enough on any decently trafficed forums long and often enough to grow an established identity is a full time job in and of itself

Not only that, but LOTS of forums are slow and have a low userbase, or are even completely dead thanks to social media becoming dominant in the last decade.

Also a lot of forums have rules about posting referral links or any paid product links, and can often times result in deleted threads or even a perma ban for your account, which you would have worked hard on to establish.

for the amount of work youll put in to be actively typing and associating you could be using the exact effort and almost the exact topic of discussion to create rich unique content for a website/sales page/blog/etc that will help you grow your own traffic zone vs leeching a few views per thread and giving all the efforts results (traffic to your thread) to the forum instead of youself.

also many will say/believe that excessive backlinks to forums can hinder your google results for wherever youre sending them.

finally, lots and lots of forums have nofollow enabled
>>
the plan was to use clickbank where you get paid a % of each sale you generate. I know many of these clickbank offers are promoting useless crap, but some of the offers have really enticing landing pages with quality videos. These pages are fine tuned to convert, and i think it would be possible to make a few bucks using this method.
The hard part will be posting on the forums without making it seem spammy.
As you mentioned, it might just create more value in the long run if i start a website and link from there instead.
>>
One Answer Advertise Deez Nuts
Thank me later
>>
Buy My Book that i sell in my garage so you can learn about my Lamborghini!
>>
>>1382920
>>1382952

affiliate marketer in the nutra vertical here. What you are talking about is doable, but is pretty low level and not very scalable at all. Think about your conversion rate: how many people will have to see/click on your offer before you get a sale? 50? 100? 200? To sell affiliate products, the name of the game is getting massive volumes of people to see what you're selling because only a very small percentage of people will actually buy your product.

almost every free internet marketing guide/book/forum on the web probably has some guide about taking clickbank products and promoting them some way using free traffic sources like SEO, forum spamming, or other BS technique. none of it works anymore. its not 2008 anymore.

the only people making serious/legitimate money in this industry are affiliate using PAID traffic sources like Facebook, google, display networks, or native advertising, etc.. There are serious barriers to entry that separate your average Pajeet trying to make 5 cents a day promoting survey offers and mr. super affiliate that clears $1mm+ a year promoting skin care trials with media buys.

the recipe for success is:

1. good angle -> you need to have a creative angle / compelling reason why that 40 year old mom who clicks on your ad will pull out here credit card right then and there to make a purchase. The art of copywriting is real and is part of the reason having a landing page is so important.
2. proven offer -> the offer you are promoting needs to be high quality, otherwise you are wasting your time sending traffic to an offer that does not convert well. there are a reason affiliate networks exist and creating good connections with affiliate managers is important so you can find offers that are already converting for other people.
3. right traffic source -> there a MILLION ad networks. I suggest learning how a big one works so you don't run into problems like not being able to scale once your campaign is working.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.