[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /biz/, I'm currently in college for finance, but my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
Hey /biz/,

I'm currently in college for finance, but my end goal is to hopefully get involved with politics. Nothing crazy like president. What would be the best career path for me as far as meeting the right people, getting a high salary for funding, and highest success rate?

I was thinking about doing a MBA, but I'm not sure currently.
Real estate? Seems safe to me

Thanks, I know this is borderline /adv/, but it seems more fitting here
>>
>>1381048
I recently just switched to public policy from finance. I'm managing a state rep. campaign for a republican candidate. Try and get involved with you county government and work your way up. Since working as a campaign manager I have met many reps and senators from the state and our primary isn't even over. The only way to move up is to network within a party, because inevitably if you decide to run for some type of office you will need their support and if they know you and how you are as a person they may even ask you to run.
>>
>>1381253
Thank you. Did you find it hard to get that position? Also, do you plan on graduate school?
>>
>>1381048
not president? then what are you aiming for?
>>
>>1381280
Well I mean, I'll have to start off from a lower level. If I have the money and the right people to contact, then sure, I'd love to run for president. But right now, I need to work on how to get started
>>
>>1381048
international law, everything else is shit.
>>
>>1381476
Not even political science?

Law seems like shit right now. I'd rather not go into debt and be chained to a desk while I wish I never did Law.
>>
>>1381503
>Implying students with polisci end up as politicians.

It's law and economics/finance
>>
Personal viewpoints?
>>
>>1382290

Isn't law school the worst investment currently? I don't even know what the hell I'd be doing with an Economics degree that can give me a solid political reputation.

>>1382417
Far right, I strongly believe in Economical values
>>
>>1381048
A Guy I used to know became the party representative for my area and he didn't even go uni, he was the manager of a small supermarket. Just get involved with the party and the community, become passionate about it and learn as much as you can, and "network" with other people who work in the party, at events and rally's ect
>>
If you dont come from a family of wealth and/or social capital your chances are generally slim
>>
Try /r9k/
>>
>>1382452
A lot of politicians do not come from such backgrounds
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.