[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would 2 million in an index fund get me? is it enough
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: .jpg (82 KB, 798x1024) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
82 KB, 798x1024
How much would 2 million in an index fund get me? is it enough to make 150k/yr for the rest of my life?
>>
>>1380103
Eh, roughly around that number. Probably less
>>
>>1380103
as long as the fund keeps performing
>>
>>1380103

Why can't you get a loan for 2 million somehow then invest it and pay it back + keep getting the returns?
>>
>>1380145
If you can find someone to loan you the money go ahead.
>>
>>1380145
Why can't you just get a loan at 2% interest rate and loan it out at 4%?
>>
>>1380103

Assuming a real return of 4% CAGR (so that's factoring in inflation) you could withdraw $70k per year (3.5%) and still have it grow. So it's like 70k a year while doing nothing basically.

I hope I needn't say that this is an AVERAGE estimate, and that one year your fund could be -30% and another +34% or something (not how CAGR works but you get my point)

So yeah you could live care free forever with 2 mil in an index fund
>>
>>1380145
chances are the riskvreward factor wouldnt really cover that two million dollar loans interest.
>>
>>1380153
I don't think you can get a loan that high for such a low interest rate...or people would be doing it.
>>
>>1380103
If the year was 1980, sure...

but the economy is fucked beyond belief. The notion of getting a 'safe 7% per year' is absurd now.

I have 4 million well invested, extremely diversified. In 2015, My net income was -$60,000. Yes. NEGATIVE.
>>
>$2M
>150k

Are you out of your mind? If you want to sustain a normal retirement (30 years), you can safely withdraw 4%, so 80k. If you want to sustain an early retirement (40-50 years) then it's more like 40k/yr.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.