[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if you have a joint account with someone, can you wreck their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3
File: 1445382042227.jpg (10 KB, 193x245) Image search: [Google]
1445382042227.jpg
10 KB, 193x245
if you have a joint account with someone, can you wreck their credit by loading up on debt using the account as collateral and then clean the account out?

just another reason never to share an account with a woman
>>
File: 1115.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1115.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
>>1378160
>wife demanded that we have a joint account because "that's what married people do" and she drew a "hard" line
>gave in said ok
>we go joint on acct X total value ~20K
>still have my "investment/savings" account that's got $85K cash in it for emergencies/buying opportunities
>scottrade account that's hooked up to that has a $243K portfolio in it

Love ya honey

>literally have no idea how she is unaware of this, maybe she's playing dumb and just doesn't really care
>>
File: c1ee4iO.jpg (57 KB, 418x321) Image search: [Google]
c1ee4iO.jpg
57 KB, 418x321
Had to change careers and leave a cake job so wifey could stay home with kiddies. Joint account everything. She decides to start a business from home. Cosigned on 30k worth of debt. I am not a smart man.
>>
>>1379930
kek how come she justified 30k for a home business?!
>>
>>1379948
No idea. I just signed some paper work and didn't find out till the deed was done.
>>
This has happened to several friends of mine. One or two of them were able to get removed from the debts because of various reasons, the big one being, their spouse racking up hundreds of thousands in debt as a retaliation measure to divorce.

If and when I ever get married, the most I will ever settle for is us both paying into a joint checking account for everyday expenses. If it comes down to someone pressuring me about that, I will walk the fuck away. After watching a very good friend loose several million to a vengeful gold digging drug addict, it's an instant deal breaker for me.

It's up there with going on the first date and having them say "I don't eat stuff with chemicals in it." It's proof that they are either a retard, or don't value you as a person. Any person I marry will be willing to work for themselves. I don't expect things to be 50/50, but I will not allow for someone to financially destroy me.
>>
>>1380867
yeah if people could not resort to being children during a break up then these things wouldn't happen but obviously that's not the case. People can't just walk away from eachother, they have to destroy one another's lives for some reason.
>>
>>1380867
find a working girl.
>>
>>1380867
but what if you're not married
can the other person load up a bunch of debt using that account as collateral and fuck you over?
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.