[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the best stock database thing? I use finviz to screen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
What's the best stock database thing?
I use finviz to screen but it only tells you after it isn't good for finding out past trends or anything.
What's a database that will let me sort stocks by specific parameters. Say I wanted all stocks that went up 20% within 40% minutes in the past 20 days or something like that. Anything like this?
Then I also got all the info about what was going on at any specific time frame that I want, not just current, and I can see if it was overbought or oversold or volatile, all that stuff.

Anything comprehensive like this?
>>
Nothing?
>>
>>1378062
Bump
>>
>>1378062

Not sure, I think bloomberg terminals had something similar to what you're talking about but those are expensive

Side note on the pic, I always find that climb funny with Marissa Mayer kicked out. It's been fun watching her destroy Yahoo
>>
>>1378062
You want a Bloomberg Terminal. They're expensive so it may be easier to just get a job at a bank. Our university has a whole lab full of them so maybe check with your local uni as well.
>>
>>1378858
Haha, now that's a hefty price tag. I was prepared to have to spend money but, a bloomberg terminal isn't happening anytime in the near future.

>>1379062
What university? Would they even allow people who aren't staff or students in anyway?
It's summer now so I'm nowhere near my university, but I don't think they even have a Bloomberg Terminal.

Nothing else comes to mind at all though?
>>
>>1379118
Mississippi State University in the southern US. Our Finance and Economics Depart. offers an internship in partnership with the Tennessee Valley Assoc. (TVA) where the TVA gives a team of about 10 students something like $50k to invest. The only rules are that they can't take short positions or hedge with options so only long bets. Anyways, just call local colleges and ask, worst case scenario you can just enroll in one class and use the lab.
>>
File: 1465919304581.png (347 KB, 378x567) Image search: [Google]
1465919304581.png
347 KB, 378x567
>>1378062
related question:

I've been reading about the CANSLIM strategy for stock picking. What's the best free site where I can search for stocks based on these criteria?
>>
>>1382254
Yahoo maybe
>>
File: 1468626184585.jpg (26 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1468626184585.jpg
26 KB, 600x600
>>1383707
I've tried Yahoo and it doesn't seem to allow screening by past performance. One of the points in CANSLIM is checking if a stock has been increasing in value for the last two quarters and comparing it to past performance, are there any screeners that will do this?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.