[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Im a Web developer who graduated a couple of years ago, found
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: senpai.png (541 KB, 501x504) Image search: [Google]
senpai.png
541 KB, 501x504
Im a Web developer who graduated a couple of years ago, found out today that im on the same salary as other grads who push spreadsheets. Whilst comparatively im doing lots of heavy lifting with php/javascript and it feels unjust.

Ive been in this role for a year now, and have asked for a promotion to reflect my responsibilities but no joy. Plus the routine has gotten stale, so its time to leave.

I want to go freelance, I have friends to see in different countries and hobbies that encourage me to travel so being remote is ideal.

Can I justify this in my mid twenties with a few years experience? Here is my current status:

>>No wife or kids
>>No cars or other financial commitments
>>280k in investments (thanks pop-pop)
>>7k roughly in my current account

I want to cash in enough shares to give myself 6 months of runway, and then re-evaluate. If I have earned enough to continue, keep going. Not looking for maximum profitability, but rather a lifestyle business so I can avoid sitting at a desk for 40 hours for minimal return.

Am I batshit insane? Or is avoiding a shitty office job worth the risk?
>>
>>1377692
Go to live in a cheap country like Thailand or Indonesia and try to freelance from there. You will be able to save a ton of money in a couple years, after you have enough money saved up you could easily buy a house in a better country. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>1377692
I've worked freelance, unless you can secure a client you can constantly work for it's very feast or famine, you may end up missing the consistent 40 hour work week.

I now work the standard 40 hours per week and am much happier.
>>
>>1377692
"I want a raise"

"No."

"Hmmm, this OTHER company is hiring people for more."

"SEEYA SUCKER."
>>
>wahh just found out life isn't unfair
Wait til you lose your job outright to an Indian that works for 50 cents an hour, then you'll really be in for a laugh. You missed the boat man, look into carpentry or working on an oil rig.
>>
>>1378454

>his dad left him $300,000
>he is mad because work isn't fair

hope you get hit by a car faggot
>>
Millenial: the thread
>>
>>1378454
What are minimum wage laws?

"But companies dont listen to those."

Then you go to the fucking newspapers and tell them that this company is breaking the law, that you got fired because the company is doing something illegal. If they wont fucking listen, you go to the police. If they wont listen, you go to a lawyer. If they wont listen, then maybe god just hates you.
>>
File: goy.jpg (9 KB, 208x243) Image search: [Google]
goy.jpg
9 KB, 208x243
>>1378466

>go to your lawyer
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.