[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The big 4 all have officers in my city due to the very beneficial
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: big4.jpg (12 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
big4.jpg
12 KB, 480x270
The big 4 all have officers in my city due to the very beneficial tax laws in my country. Deloitte and Ernst & Young both have "job fairs" next week where they are inviting local talented students and recent graduates to attend.

I have a pretty good educational background so I don't think that would be an issue. I just want to know how make the most of this opportunity. And to anyone who's worked at a big 4 company, how was the experience.
>>
>>1377424

Depends on which department you work and also on the office culture. Wvery country is different but in general it's a good place to work. Would recommend it.

Also at least for EY, they take work-life balance pretty serious
>>
You're in Dublin, yessum?

Practice the interview, know their business and show up on time
>>
>>1377783
No not Dublin.

This isn't an interview, just a "job fair" (I don't know what else to call it) where they've invited about 100 people to come learn about life at the firm.

I will definitely practice for the interview if and when it comes however.
>>
>>1377761
EY is definitely on the top of my list of the 4, thanks for the input.
>>
>>1377810
NL?
>>
>>1377810
Treat it like an interview
>>
>>1377819
Nah, it's Bermuda.
>>
>>1377813
The pay is not competitive last time I spoke with one of their senior recruiters (in the netherlands atleast).
Seemed like a cool bunch though.
>>
>>1378737

Lol wut?

>>1378757

Well depends. If you're at corporate finance and law. You're making good money. Not as much as investment banks or elite law offices but still more than the average. Accountants depends on the country. Some are over exploited some aren't.
>>
>>1377424
here in Canada we have "networking/info sessions", not job fairs (we don't bring resumes or anything)

assuming you're having an info session, basically you can't be autistic. you need to chat, ask the people there about their firm. their role. what they like about it. try to chat about something casual too (e.g. vacations/travel)

then at the end of your conversation exchange business cards (bring business cards OP, it's necessary)
>>
im fucking a 27 year old at pwc and im 22. life is good
>>
>>1380076
That's where I live what's the issue lol
>>
>>1380267

Job fair was a stupid thing to call it, you're definitely right, same concept as an info session.

I'll definitely bring business cards even tho they asked us to bring a copy of our resume. Not acting autistic will be the hardest part of this I believe. Even though I work in sales now, talking to senior and executive level members can be pretty intimidating.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.