[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you guys deal with financial retarded loved ones? I made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: debt.jpg (57 KB, 580x352) Image search: [Google]
debt.jpg
57 KB, 580x352
How do you guys deal with financial retarded loved ones?
I made the retarded decision to bail one out without realizing I'm forever their crutch.
>mom has borrowed from her 401k at 5 times in the last 2 years
>last time was because she wanted a roku for her fucking smart tv that I told her she doesn't need
>i told you so doesn't fix retarded
>>
Your dad should slap some sense into her
>>
Let them fail. Being broke doesn't mean you're going to die or go to prison. Declare bankruptcy and move into a trailer park. You're "loved one" should have the self-respect to not ask people for "loved ones" money.
>>
>>1377587
I work in a nursing home and I see everyday how these people live compared to the sister home next door for the wealthy. No one on the poor side has more than $300 to their name and are all on welfare. The most miserable are the smokers who can't afford cigarettes so they dumpster dive when we empty our employee designated spot's ashtray.
Would you want a loved one to suffer that?

I have a theory that the women on the poor side were too ugly to marry a rich husband or were at one time pretty, and held out too long.
>>
>>1377372
>>1377615

Some people are doomed to fail over and over and you won't change anything by enabling them, no matter how much you are willing to help unfortunately.

Ofc, you can help one last time, but let it be known that it will be the last.

You can't put yourself in jeopardy for other's sake, if you do, you've got no one else to blame but yourself. Your mom is after confort, for what it's worth, she can sell her fucking TV and shit to buy pasta, she isnt on the street, she's just careless because she knows you're going to bail her out.
>>
>>1377565
This woman screams single mother.
>>
I've helped out my parents a few times, theyre poor because my tard brother keeps getting himself committed at my parents expense and my sister is a perpetual student

>parents need to borrow money short term to pay one bill or another
>ok I pay the bill for them in person
>this happens a couple times
>last time they asked I start charging 5% interest just to motivate them a little
>have not asked since
soon I might get them to cut off my awful sister, she came back from college shaking them down for "food money". meanwhile she rolls around in all the latest fashions
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.